Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher: Workin' Hard for His Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I’m pushing him here as we don’t appreciate him enough, he said in the first intermission that the Habs need to do more and step up, he had a word and they came out flying, great stand in captain

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Great to see more and more Habs garnering ad opportunities.

The latest has Gallagher and Drouin in a Provigo spot:

In this, Gallagher delivers a "voilà", with particular flair.

2mr9tv.jpg

Hey Brendan -- where's the pickle juice?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So a lot of posters were ripping on Gally in the GDT for the little howdy-doo he gave Miller in front of Boston's net and calling it a spear. That was no spear. It hurt Miller so much that he immediately cross-checked Gally hard twice. Just a vicious battle in front of the net. No penalties on either player.

At worst, it's a fine.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Can’t believe this guy makes only 3.75M. What a steal.

It's a massive bargain. Habs got away like bandits on this deal, aside from the hand issues that plagued him for a long time.

I still have the same question though that I had when he was a rookie. How long can he last playing this type of game? He's still rocking it 6 years later, but I would be somewhat hesitant giving a long term deal.

I think the Habs will be sticking with him for the long run, and see exactly how much he has left, but man, he would return quite a bit in a deal, don't you think?

Jul 6, 2016
It's a massive bargain. Habs got away like bandits on this deal, aside from the hand issues that plagued him for a long time.

I still have the same question though that I had when he was a rookie. How long can he last playing this type of game? He's still rocking it 6 years later, but I would be somewhat hesitant giving a long term deal.

I think the Habs will be sticking with him for the long run, and see exactly how much he has left, but man, he would return quite a bit in a deal, don't you think?

If you want to lose the soul of your team, go ahead.

Reactions: LarryO

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If you want to lose the soul of your team, go ahead.

And that's exactly why I think the habs won't deal him. It's a tough sell to the fanbase to make that kind of move.

But my message in the off season was to acquire as as many younger assets as possible. As fun as this team is to watch right now, it will never win a cup.

That's not to say that dealing guys like Gallagher will be garaunteed to provide you with a cup contender. However, if he returns a potential blue Chip dman along with other peices, and other vets with value are used to bring in other future assets, then you can at least hope for a cup contending future.

Jul 6, 2016
And that's exactly why I think the habs won't deal him. It's a tough sell to the fanbase to make that kind of move.

But my message in the off season was to acquire as as many younger assets as possible. As fun as this team is to watch right now, it will never win a cup.

That's not to say that dealing guys like Gallagher will be garaunteed to provide you with a cup contender. However, if he returns a potential blue Chip dman along with other peices, and other vets with value are used to bring in other future assets, then you can at least hope for a cup contending future.

Only ONE team wins the Cup every season. Some very good and competitive teams never won one.

The first goal is to make this team competitive and entertaining most of the games. Getting younger and bigger should be also a main objective.

The future is brighter with like Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Brook, Juulsen... and so on. And young vets like Domi, Drouin, Gally, etc... It takes time.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
BG is a player that coaches love. Solid work ethic and works hard in the off season to get improve and increase his potency .

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Gally was on Spittin' Chiclets today. It was a cool interview. Nate Thompson was on earlier in the podcast but I didn't have the time to listen to that as well.

Spittin' Chiclets Episode 199: Featuring Nate Thompson + Brendan Gallagher Spittin Chiclets podcast

It was really funny when he told the story about giving number 73 to Ryder in 12/13. Ryder promised him a Rolex for the number and to this day he never gave it to Gally. Ryder scammed Gally out of #73 :laugh:.

Gallagher comes on at the one hour and 23 minute mark

Reactions: KKWG11

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Bergevin really aced this. Saved Geoff lots of money. Gallagher on other hand, in 2 years he will be 29. Not sure if I give him the big payday or trade Gallagher for the big haul? Going to be interesting??
Can’t believe this guy makes only 3.75M. What a steal.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
BG is a player that coaches love. Solid work ethic and works hard in the off season to get improve and increase his potency .

He's good. But as good ss the Danault line was as a 2 way line, I'd love to see Gallagher play with gwo offensive players. Hopefully Kk and Poehling can make the jump to top 6 centers sooner than later.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

We got away like Bandits on the Gallagher and Pacioretty deals. Too bad Bergevin went for a bridge deal with Subban, who was ready to go long term at around 5 million AAV.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He's good. But as good ss the Danault line was as a 2 way line, I'd love to see Gallagher play with gwo offensive players. Hopefully Kk and Poehling can make the jump to top 6 centers sooner than later.

Or Drouin-Danault-Gallagher is something I would try.

After you put
Domi-Kotkaniemi-Tatar
Byron-Poehling-Weal
Lehkonen-Cousins-Armia ( who could take the defensive mission)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Or Drouin-Danault-Gallagher is something I would try.

After you put
Domi-Kotkaniemi-Tatar
Byron-Poehling-Weal
Lehkonen-Cousins-Armia ( who could take the defensive mission)

I would love to see kk play with those 2...

And I like Poehling back with Weal. They may need some muscle instead of Byron to help on the cycle. 2 of Poehling's 3 goals came iff the cycle. Perhaps Armia ir Lehkonen take Dlo's spot.

Also, Byron and Lehkonen are good together on the wings. Hopefully Cousins can get the job done as their C.

Or if Suzuki's also ready, how about a bottom 6 of

Suzuki Poehling Armia
Byron Weal Lehkonen

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
He turns up as if it’s the Stanley Cup final and he still doesn’t get much love? Come on, instead of whining about some of the players like you have been let’s look at a positive. He’s out there trying to win.

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad