Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher: Workin' Hard for His Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
yeah he's the one guy no sane person can complain about which means no one ever talks about him lol.

Kid's a beauty. Probably take us to the cleaners though.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Hope they re-up him, don't care about the money because it will not break the bank. He has rounded his game out and plays with such veteran savvy that he's going to be a contributor for far longer than anyone would have thought when he first came on the scene.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I thought he might have a short career playing this way, I underestimated this guy's mental toughness. I knew he had quite a lot, but he's just so tough between the ears... and he's still improving. He must be SO annoying to play against.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Hope they re-up him, don't care about the money because it will not break the bank. He has rounded his game out and plays with such veteran savvy that he's going to be a contributor for far longer than anyone would have thought when he first came on the scene.
His agent, and possibly Gally himself, know he can get >8M. He isn't a PPG player, but he creates so much when he's on the ice, and has had a very high positive impact (aka not just points) globally since entering the league, and especially these past 2 years (and this year it seems) - like, arguably greater than players like Larkin, Radulov, Huberdeau, Tarasenko, Kreider, etc.

Reactions: Mrb1p

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I thought he might have a short career playing this way, I underestimated this guy's mental toughness. I knew he had quite a lot, but he's just so tough between the ears... and he's still improving. He must be SO annoying to play against.

Mentally tough but also physically very solid and strong. 5'9 185 lbs ish,solid. His physique protects him well.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Hmm how short? He's only turned 27 this year. He's had two seasons of injury struggles.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Hmm how short? He's only turned 27 this year. He's had two seasons of injury struggles.

im gonna knock on wood here but I didn't think he could carry on playing like that in his 30's. I have more hope now. this guy is stubborn.

Reactions: angusyoung

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You never know, same was said of Ovi...but he's much bigger.

It's still impressive what Ovi's doing. Most power forwards fade at the latest at 32 in the new NHL. It's hard to carry all that weight in a speed and skating league. Look at Jamie Benn.

But he's a special player - nore than a generational talent, an all time great. He's probably the best power forward, and the best goal scorer, of all time

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's still impressive what Ovi's doing. Most power forwards fade at the latest at 32 in the new NHL. It's hard to carry all that weight in a speed and skating league. Look at Jamie Benn.

But he's a special player - nore than a generational talent, an all time great. He's probably the best power forward, and the best goal scorer, of all time
One of the best players of all time, period. But yes, he's a freak specimen. To play his style of game and remain as healthy and effective as he has, from 20 to 34 so far, is nuts.
The guy barely missed any action in his 14 year career so far. Since the lockout in 2012, he has only missed 9 games...7 of which over 2 years. Over his entire career, he has missed 30 games spanning across 15 years thus far. Having such a healthy career is remarkable to begin with, factor in the intense game he plays and it's just borderline a miracle.
Comparing to Crosby, over the same span, he's played 142 less games. If you want to factor PO action, then it's more like 100 games.

No signs of him slowing down either, on pace to easily record yet another 50G+ season.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
One of the best players of all time, period. But yes, he's a freak specimen. To play his style of game and remain as healthy and effective as he has, from 20 to 34 so far, is nuts.
The guy barely missed any action in his 14 year career so far. Since the lockout in 2012, he has only missed 9 games...7 of which over 2 years. Over his entire career, he has missed 30 games spanning across 15 years thus far. Having such a healthy career is remarkable to begin with, factor in the intense game he plays and it's just borderline a miracle.
Comparing to Crosby, over the same span, he's played 142 less games. If you want to factor PO action, then it's more like 100 games.

No signs of him slowing down either, on pace to easily record yet another 50G+ season.

No doubt Ovechkin was born to play hockey,and keep the vodka industry flourishing.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Congrats to Brendan Gallagher on his 500th game! On top of that, he scored a typical "Gallagher" hardworking goal.

One of my all time favorite Habs. The guy is a warrior. He just competes every night and hates to lose. Like Claude Julien said about Gallagher after an exhibition game, "He only knows how to play one way".

He's the type of player that all the young guys can look up to. Not the biggest guy, not the most talented guy, but he gives it his all every night. He will beat you on sheer will alone.

On his way to another 30+ goal season and he's still only 27. He's the next captain.

Reactions: CalgarySnow

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
We are so lucky, most of the teams in the league would want him on their team AND he only earns $3.75m. Look at Monaghan at nearly twice that for less goals. As if you didn’t know, he’s my favourite

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
He's overcome a lot, and that narrative shouldn't change, but let's admire how gifted he is to have such a perfect body type for his game. Obviously having his dad be a trainer helped, but his shoulders are wide and he has a low centre of gravity that lets him engage with leverage. Such a pleasure to see him get the opportunities to be the shooter and not spend his career digging pucks out for MaxPac and DD:)

1000000000000% the next Captain.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He's overcome a lot, and that narrative shouldn't change, but let's admire how gifted he is to have such a perfect body type for his game. Obviously having his dad be a trainer helped, but his shoulders are wide and he has a low centre of gravity that lets him engage with leverage. Such a pleasure to see him get the opportunities to be the shooter and not spend his career digging pucks out for MaxPac and DD:)

1000000000000% the next Captain.

He may not be tall,but solid as you can get. He certainly absorb a hit better than many. Very strong and feisty and tenacious.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gally took on a lot of mass in the last couple seasons and is tougher, but im still worried he'll break down too early.

Decline in the 31-35 age range is a bit of an issue but he is fitness freak and build like a rock! Does he loose a step with skating? Who knows but that's a concern with the next negotiation with term. Next contract starts at age 29. 6 year deal from 29-34?

I have him on our 3rd line with Danault down the road and our next captain in 3/4 years when Weber retires. That's when Gallagher is 29/30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad