Confirmed with Link: Brendan Gallagher and Alex Galchenyuk Staying with Habs!

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
booyah!

WxpOkvv.gif

My feeling exactly... Best.. GIF... EVER!

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
I'm hoping Carey Price will advise them on some of the pitfalls of being a single Montreal Canadien.

Like that crazy-sexy girlfriend you had in College, this city can love you too much.

At least they are not left alone. AGally lives with Gionta and BGally with Gorges. There's enough leadership to not them fall into abyss.

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net
Prust and the Gallys. All season long.

I think quite a few lines in the Eastern conference are going to be very pissed after games against the Habs.

Agreed. That line needs to stick.

I think one of the major contributors to the Gallys (Gallii?) success so far this season has been MT's ability to give them sheltered minutes and still have them on the ice for 12 minutes a game. The reason? The habs' solid, dependable, gritty 4th line.

With White, Moen and Armstrong capable of logging minutes against the other team's scoring lines and kill some penalties, the Habs don't need to rely on the gallys to play a defensive role in the same vein as a traditional 3rd line. Throw in Prust as a defensively responsible utility man with size on that line, and the Gallys can be given the free range to go out there and play their game without worrying about a) carrying the load offensively and b) going up against other teams' top lines.

I was on the fence about keeping Gally up before the season began, but given the situation he has been put in, on top of being allowed to shift back to center where he is CLEARLY more comfortable and effective, there is no doubt in my mind that staying with the big club will be beneficial to his development.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Awesome news guys! Prust has been a solid addition to this team and a good 3rd line mate for the Gallys. Bring on Winnipeg!

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
rVLaJ.gif

I'm soo glad for these two. They've been playing great, especially together. After last night's game, it was obvious they would stay. But making it official only after 4 games makes it a nice touch. Hope these guys keep it up. I'm sure they'll have their slower moments during the season. Maybe a shortened season will help them somehow. But they look great so far. I'm very impressed. Wishing these guys they can keep it up. Great stuff!

Habtchum*

Pro: the kids have shown that they have the talent and desire to play at NHL level, and as such, deserve to be kept for the rest of the season. They are a wave of fresh air in that team.

Con: the competition will get stiffer and stiffer as the season goes on, and I have some doubt they won't be able to follow the parade and wil be stucked (at least Galchenyuk) at NHL level. The Habs will then have lost one year of the entry contract on him. I just hope they won'ty burn any of them like they did with Latendresse and almost did with Price.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Guillaume Lefrançois ‏@GLefrancoisRC
#Habs Gallagher devrait fort probablement habiter avec Gorges

1m Guillaume Lefrançois ‏@GLefrancoisRC
#Habs Galchenyuk va habiter avec sa mere et sa soeur à MTL

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Pro: the kids have shown that they have the talent and desire to play at NHL level, and as such, deserve to be kept for the rest of the season. They are a wave of fresh air in that team.

Con: the competition will get stiffer and stiffer as the season goes on, and I have some doubt they won't be able to follow the parade and wil be stucked (at least Galchenyuk) at NHL level. The Habs will then have lost one year of the entry contract on him. I just hope they won'ty burn any of them like they did with Latendresse and almost did with Price.

I think everyone expects the con part at some point. It's pretty rare that rookies can contribute all season long. They'll probably have a drought at some point. I expect teams like Flyers and Bruins go after this line. Sure they'll have some trouble, it's part of the learning curve. The way they are used though, I don't think it'll burn them out. And besides, we don't really have better options to put on their line anyways. I think it'll be fine.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

I guess they figured a Russian mother will be better at keeping him in line than Gionta or Plekanec.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
Galchenyuk's ELC cap hit is over 3M with the bonuses. Considering the Subban 'bridge' issue, the younger Galchenyuk burns ELC, the easier it'll be re-signing him to that bridge since he will be 21 and likely not established as a top line player yet.

if galchenyuk puts up 20goals next year and 28 the next he's gonna be in line to get a huge raise.bergevin gonna screw him too?

Habtchum*

Gallagher staying at Gorges' place makes lots of sense because both are from B.C. and Gorges is training with Gallagher's father.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl

is this true?
BG with Gorges house and AG with his mom and sis in MTL?
has this been confirmed???????

sluice

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Not really surprised of that news.

What Galchenyulk did is just beyond impressive.

To do the jump from CHL to NHL, is something only a few can do.
At the age of 18.... even more impressive.
With missing to whole last season due to a serious injury... WOW!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad