Breakthrough season for Eichel

mattcookefan

Nov 6, 2013
Matt Cooke's house
People were saying that same low IQ thing about Mackinnon 2 years ago. I don’t see a problem with Eichel in that department. I expect him to have a 90-100 points season soon enough.
This. As an avs fan its funny seeing people go from saying macks biggest weakness is his iq to saying its much higher than eichel. Lets wait until eichel is at least 23 before we crucify him.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Got video of those 8 open net tap ins?

Your joking right lol...are you actually doubting he wasn’t? Why would I lie about how he played tonight? I would just stay out of the thread. Besides I’m on my phone and I don’t keep game highlights saved so I can give them to people who don’t watch the games but pretend they know everything about the player. Ask any sharks fan. Sabres fans, eh....they’re likely to be on watch given in our losses this year we’ve lost 19-3. Yeah....it wouldn’t be so funny if it wasn’t sad.

Game was 2-1 most of the way then they got their goals late. I wish the team was awful over this. I know there still awful but I mean not trying to win awful, because seeing one guy go all world and no one there to help is beyond ridiculous. He was better tonight then his five point game against mcdavid, this game is the prime example of points aren’t everything.

This is why sharks broadcasters marvelled at him all night, too bad the coast to coast by four sharks didn’t go in, easily would of been goal of the season.

F this

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
[mod] On a night when Matthews was called a ghost by leaf fans eichel was an absolute beast for two periods and still got scoring chances in the third but they got out matched by a better team in the last ten.

Both guys didn’t get points tonight that’s just how it goes. I know some leaf fans in here have waited for eichel to go two games without a point well it’s been so long so probably a couple years) but he was hands down At another level tonight and the fact he didn’t get a single point is fitting.

when McCabe scored it genuinely shocked the entire team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Tonight was classic Eichel. Creating chances left and right but nothing but a mess around him which leads to him pressing because he knows no one else can do anything. You can feel his frustration just watching the game, he's a one man show out there most shifts.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Tonight was classic Eichel. Creating chances left and right but nothing but a mess around him which leads to him pressing because he knows no one else can do anything. You can feel his frustration just watching the game, he's a one man show out there most shifts.

I know.

I was ready to give this thread a rest, but he goes out and puts out his best game and it amounts to nothing. Only for tons of fans to see a 0 and come in here “overpaid!!” Lol it’s too great.

It’s metaphor for his entire career.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Really sucks Eichel and McDavid are stuck on the two worst franchises. Their inability to put talented offensive players around them is going to cost those guys a lot of wins/goals in their careers

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Really sucks Eichel and McDavid are stuck on the two worst franchises. Their inability to put talented offensive players around them is going to cost those guys a lot of wins/goals in their careers

Dahlins been good but that’s not enough. Two players and when the other is 18 on the back-end, yikes....both guys are being absolutely wasted though. I can’t even imagine how many points he would of had tonight in a lightning sweater.

Ridiculous.

Anyway I’m done in this thread.

I would rather have eichel game out tonight and did nothing, at least then I wouldn’t mind the criticism. But at the end of the day he’s the one making ten million not me.
So ...peace.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

tbh, Buffalo's #1 problem is coaching. Our roster is not as bad as the coaching makes them look.
For sure we have some dead weight and holes on the roster, but a half-decent coach isn't playing those liabilities 18 minutes a night.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I know.

I was ready to give this thread a rest, but he goes out and puts out his best game and it amounts to nothing. Only for tons of fans to see a 0 and come in here “overpaid!!” Lol it’s too great.

It’s metaphor for his entire career.
Man I get it but we've been a bottom dweller a long time and people aren't gonna give Jack or his team the benefit of the doubt until the Sabres prove they are worthy of respect. Don't let people's opinions get to you so much when many of them don't even watch him play regularily whatsoever. You're just fighting an endless frustrating battle by engaging with everyone who says bad things about him.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It’s so awesome watching eichel as the best skater in the entire period versus the sharks of either team, and have them down 2-0z

I have a new found respect for Sidney Crosby for helping Sheary get 51 prs in 65ish games.

Sheary fans on his 8th open net tap in from eichel of the season. This is getting ridiculous now. It’s things like this that are of the norm, one day jacks just gonna go postal in the dressing room. Maybe it’s what they need.
I've heard this for years about Eichels linemates. They just can't finish.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
tbh, Buffalo's #1 problem is coaching. Our roster is not as bad as the coaching makes them look.
For sure we have some dead weight and holes on the roster, but a half-decent coach isn't playing those liabilities 18 minutes a night.
Fair enough. I just feel like they have had a long time to stock pile young talent and they are still an extremely limited roster outside of 3-5 guys.

They seem to not be able to find talent outside of getting a top 10 pick, and that just kills you. Makes a rebuild that much longer

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Fair enough. I just feel like they have had a long time to stock pile young talent and they are still an extremely limited roster outside of 3-5 guys.

They seem to not be able to find talent outside of getting a top 10 pick, and that just kills you. Makes a rebuild that much longer
We have a few guys coming and Botterill has done a good job in terms of restocking the cupboards. Victor Olofsson was a 7th round pick who lead the Swedish league in goal scoring and currently leads the AHL in scoring. He legitimately has an elite shot, just a lightning release. We also have several other quality kids down there, and the only one who is a 1st Rd pick is Nylander. Asplund, Pilut, Guhle, Borgen should all be NHLers in some capacity. We also have 4 1st rd picks over the next 2 years. Its why there are so many stopgap type of players on the roster.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Eichel had a great game tonight, and was dominant in the fashion of a true #1C.

However, to suggest he set his teammates up with countless easy tap-ins that they simply couldn’t bury is inaccurate. His teammates were solid for a majority of the game and I was actually particularly impressed by Sheary. He just had one of those games where the points don’t come. Sometimes it happens. It doesn’t mean that Eichel sucks either.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
We have a few guys coming and Botterill has done a good job in terms of restocking the cupboards. Victor Olofsson was a 7th round pick who lead the Swedish league in goal scoring and currently leads the AHL in scoring. He legitimately has an elite shot, just a lightning release. We also have several other quality kids down there, and the only one who is a 1st Rd pick is Nylander. Asplund, Pilut, Guhle, Borgen should all be NHLers in some capacity. We also have 4 1st rd picks over the next 2 years. Its why there are so many stopgap type of players on the roster.
Good to know. Honestly you guys know way more about your situation than I do. Just an outsider prospective. Hope it turns around for you guys soon

Reactions: Tage2Tuch and Rasmi

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Man I get it but we've been a bottom dweller a long time and people aren't gonna give Jack or his team the benefit of the doubt until the Sabres prove they are worthy of respect. Don't let people's opinions get to you so much when many of them don't even watch him play regularily whatsoever. You're just fighting an endless frustrating battle by engaging with everyone who says bad things about him.

I start out with good intent then they know what buttons but I’m done in here. But good call

Ps hockey shouldn’t be that way, your star player sits out 2-3rds of a game he shouldn’t wear the success and failure on his shoulders; mcdavid gets a pass because he’s the leading scorer but their situations are very similar.

Either way people can think what they want, that kind of talent it has to turn around. Then I see games like tonight and think good god, if he’s playing like that and we still lose 5-1? Infuriating indeed. Only came back to post this that I am in agreement with you here.

Eichel had a great game tonight, and was dominant in the fashion of a true #1C.

However, to suggest he set his teammates up with countless easy tap-ins that they simply couldn’t bury is inaccurate. His teammates were solid for a majority of the game and I was actually particularly impressed by Sheary. He just had one of those games where the points don’t come. Sometimes it happens. It doesn’t mean that Eichel sucks either.

I was referring to the games before coming into this one but tonight he did have three (at least). One with Sheary late in the first but these weren’t easy tap ins this game at least they were fanned on one timers but jones was out of his crease on one and another early in the second then again with skinner late in the third. (Jones was in decent position on those two)

Thanks for the viewpoint though.

Sharks are a great team. Finally getting their stuff together it seems, your coach is awesome. He took a team to the cup finals and gave the sharks the success they should of had under McLellan.

Last edited:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
No I don’t care to refute some of the ridiculous assertions that people make about things they pretend to be able to judge as if they’re reading the degrees on a thermometer. I don’t care to be just as ridiculous in claiming the opposite. I prefer to call them what they are. Ridiculous.
So it is entirely possible Mack has a higher IQ.

For the record I dont have an opinion on it, but find it hilarious people would get upset about something so vague and unprovable.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Your joking right lol...are you actually doubting he wasn’t? Why would I lie about how he played tonight? I would just stay out of the thread. Besides I’m on my phone and I don’t keep game highlights saved so I can give them to people who don’t watch the games but pretend they know everything about the player. Ask any sharks fan. Sabres fans, eh....they’re likely to be on watch given in our losses this year we’ve lost 19-3. Yeah....it wouldn’t be so funny if it wasn’t sad.

Game was 2-1 most of the way then they got their goals late. I wish the team was awful over this. I know there still awful but I mean not trying to win awful, because seeing one guy go all world and no one there to help is beyond ridiculous. He was better tonight then his five point game against mcdavid, this game is the prime example of points aren’t everything.

This is why sharks broadcasters marvelled at him all night, too bad the coast to coast by four sharks didn’t go in, easily would of been goal of the season.

F this

Never said you were lying. You said he has generated 8 tap in goals, surely you can produce evidence of atleast half.

Why so defensive all the time? Jeez.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
"Hockey IQ" is not a measured stat in the NHL, so the claim cant refuted. It's a buzzword like "toolkit", "intangibles", x player is so "raw".

More importantly, that's not at all how the burden of proof works. You cant make wild claims and then say, well if you cant refute it, I win. The guy making the claim needs to provide evidence, if he cant then the claim doesnt need to be refuted.

That's how all the religious people get by, "well you cant prove god doesnt exist!!"

And no, MacKinnon having more points last year does not in fact prove he has a higher hockey IQ.

This.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

We have some nice talent in the pipeline, but you also have to remember that Murray spent a lot of accumulated young assets and picks trying to accelerate the rebuild and it backfired terribly. In terms of finds who are close to cracking the NHL roster, we've got a former 7th round pick (Victor Olofsson) playing his first year on this side of the Atlantic leading the AHL in scoring; we've got a UDFA defenseman leading AHL D in scoring and leading the league in +/- (Lawrence Pilut) (frankly, he should've made the team out of camp); former 2nd round pick Brendan Guhle is entering his 2nd pro year, and he already has some NHL experience; G Linus Ullmark is now a full-time NHLer. And we've got some other promising guys who are a bit farther out (Rasmus Asplund, Will Borgen, Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, Matej Pekar). Botterill's definitely been trying to unwind the mess Murray made of our prospect pool, and the progress he's made shows in the improvement of our AHL club over the past 2 years, but that's never gonna be a quick fix for a lousy NHL roster.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
He needs to be traded to the leafs for Kadri+Nylander+2nd round pick.

Salary cap? who cares, just win baby.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
He needs to be traded to the leafs for Kadri+Nylander+2nd round pick.

Salary cap? who cares, just win baby.

Leaf fans would stop being Leaf fans if the Leafs ever got Eichel. Especially for that return. They would only accept Eichel if he was traded for Bracco + (whatever useless D plug you guys currently wanna get rid of).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad