Breakout players

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Rasmus Dahlin had quite a severe breakout when this photo was taken. Hopefully his skin is a little healthier now.

rasmus-dahlin-2019-33.jpg

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
maybe it’s just me, but i count “breakout players” as players who have been in the league for a few seasons and are now putting it together. guys like Rust and Duclair fit the bill, but guys like Kubalik, Elvis, Bear are first year NHLers. so they’re not having a breakout per say.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Non rookies that have really taken their games up a level to become major contributors for their teams....

Rust, Duclair, Connor Brown, Bjorkstrand, Deangelo, Armia, Christian Dvorak, Chychrun, Garland, Svechnikov, Korpisalo, Burakovsky, Konecny, jt miller, tanner pearson, tristan jarry, ethan bear, robert thomas, brock nelson, blake coleman, tyler bertuzzi, robby fabbri, kubalik

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
how about for 2020-21? i hear a lot of charlie mcavoy from folks, but matt grzelcyk
could be a better choice at least from a pure points perspective.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Cody Glass has reportedly bulked up significantly since his injury and has the chance to center Reilly Smith and Johnathan Marchessault.

Could be a solid chance to make up for a rookie try of bungled development and significant injuries. I think his hockey IQ and playmaking instincts are strong enough that the disaster that was last season won't affect him much.

Reactions: neelynugs

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Gabe Vilardi is going to be a monster. The guy's injuries have not held him back and he looked real solid for the Kings in the few games he got in last year. I also expect Trevor Zegras to be a ppg threat within 2 years. His combination of skating, passing and hockey IQ is too much to pass on.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
maybe it’s just me, but i count “breakout players” as players who have been in the league for a few seasons and are now putting it together. guys like Rust and Duclair fit the bill, but guys like Kubalik, Elvis, Bear are first year NHLers. so they’re not having a breakout per say.
Using this criteria I'd nominate Ethan Bear and Nick Suzuki.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
In Montreal I think Jake Evans surprises a lot of people.

Kotkaniemi is also believed to be on a "need to" breakout with fans losing patience and management also seemingly losing patience.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Nick Ehlers

If Maurice finally moves Wheeler down the line-up and give Ehlers 1st line minutes and 1st PP I can see him having a breakout season that will move him into a 1.2+ PPG player. Last season Ehler was the Jets best forward player ahead of Scheilele and I expect him to take another step up this season. Also If Ehlers does play with Scheifele and Conner I wouldn't be surprised if all three have career years because Ehlers make any players he plays with perform better.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Ok I heard this saying : third time is the charm. Tyson Jost for real this time ! :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad