Breakout players

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
Curious to see which players are starting to break out this year. Of course we have obvious ones like Makar and Q. Hughes, but I'm curious to hear about ones who don't get as much limelight, such as Oliver Bjorkstrand.

Let's hear em

Reactions: hn777

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Tony-DeAngelo-1040x572.jpg

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Elvis is right now

DeAngelo
And Rust as mentioned above
Fox

Eichel
Panarin
Pastrnak have all hit another gear

Reactions: hmc1987

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Noel Goal Acciari aiming for Cy Young

18 goals and two hatters. On pace for 32 goals and 5 helpers. $1.67 million cap hit and hits everything in sight.
Was mainly a 4C in BOS but now bumped to 2nd line wing with Trocheck and Connolly.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'd say Virtanen has been the biggest breakout for the Canucks. He has played well this year and is now getting consistent top 6 minutes and PP time. He is on pace for 47 points, with more the more offensive role he is now playing, I could see him getting 55 by the end of the year.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Svechnikov obviously. Bjorkstrand, Vrana, Thomas/Gusev to some extent (just not enough ice time yet). Miller is so so so much better than last year. Hronek is actually having an insane year in Detroit if you take into account just how bad detroit has been. Bertuzzi is breaking out too but that's bit less less impressive to me because he plays with some good players.

Reactions: Pavels Dog

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
For CBJ: Elvis/Korpi could end up having such a year. Bjorkstrand seems to have found a higher gear as well (crossing my fingers).

My biggest hope for the year was Texier but unfortunately its not going to happen during this season.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Sean Walker has been a revelation this season. Extremely fast, fluid skater, great offensive instincts, excellent defensive IQ, top pairing guy. Top 60 in points scored by defensemen, top 5 in SAT%, He has often been LA's best player, period. For a guy that looked like an AHL/NHL tweener last season, he's sure been excellent this year.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Small sample size but Zadina is trending towards a nice first season, if he played 82 this season he'd be at ~25/25. Not breakout, but given the state of the Wings its nice.

He's looked pretty good when I've seen him.

Tossing out a vote for John Marino.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Ethan Bear for the Oilers. Yamamoto had also looked like he is about to break in to the league nicely, albeit a very small sample size at this point.

Reactions: Highmarker

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Thread screams Jake Virtanen.

The guy looks completely different this year, not just offensively, but his all around game has been very noticeable.
He looks like a player who has finally "figured" it out, which is very reassuring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad