Breakout players

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What's the deal with RUST?

I have not seen him play 1 game this year, but man I keep hearing about him.
What has he improved mostly? how legit is he?
He's been a legit depth player and playoff performer for a few years now, he's always teetered around the 40+ pt pace and is probably one of the fastest players in the game, along with Turbo (Tanev) on the team. He's usually a guy that averages 1.8 shots per game, but this year he's averaging 3+ shots per game and has taken the off season to really work on his shooting and how he gets his shots through as well as how he places his shots, pair that with outstanding 2-way play (beast on the PK), his insane speed, and being a damn good shooter and you have a breakout stud. He's also had chemistry with Geno and while Geno has been sort of up and down, Rust has been consistent all season long. Most knew the name "Big Game Bryan Rust" from the cup runs, but he's way more than an inconsistent bottom 6 winger now.

Rust's biggest issue was consistency and staying healthy, he's gotten hurt this season but he's bounced back and continued to be consistent, he's not just a guy that came out of nowhere if anything, a lot of people that thought he was a flash in the pan have checked out some games, there's legit breakout status there with him.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
He already had 58 points last year

Zadina is starting to hit his stride. Probably a real breakout next season but you can see him figuring out the NHL game.
Speaking of Detroit: Hronek is on pace for 43 pts, sometimes plays up to 27 minutes. The +/- will of course be meh on this team.
He's the first good Czech offensive dman since what? Kaberle?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
While it's not a huge surprise, Robert Thomas is taking the next step this year. He has been outstanding over the past thirty games or so and is showing some elite playmaking ability.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Rust and Jarry are the first 2 i though of.

i'd actually include Panarin in that list as he seems to have definitely hit a tier higher than in the past. Pastrnak too in fact. don't think that's what OP is going for though

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Jakub Vrana. Currently tied for 3rd in the league in EVG with 21. Same number as Pastrnak, Eichel, and MacKinnon. As a left shot he has no spot on the Caps pp unit. Pretty impressive

Reactions: max21

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Ethan Bear. Couldn't make the team longer than a few games the years before and now hes a main stay in the top 4D.

He's been struggling of late but definitely a breakout this year. Playing better than anyone expected. Yamamoto looks like a top 6 fwd too and has been huge.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Pierre Engvall. Not putting up the most points ever, but I love his game.

He's been a god send for the team but I think Nylander is the answer. Not that he wasn't well known but he is on pace to score 30+ goals this year and is on a 70+ point pace. He's really grown as a player visually this season.

Stats wise it's not a massive boom, but for a guy to go from a perimeter player to a guy who has scored among the most goals from in front of the net in the league in 1 offseason... Pretty nice to finally see him grow a pair I guess.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I would say for you guys, Garland as well.
Garland looks like he has the potential to challenge Hall for top point producer next season.

Off-the-chart hockey IQ and the ability to switch directions at the drop off a dime (crazy flexible hips).

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
JT Miller is having a heck of a break out year establishing himself as a strong two-way possession-driving first line player that can be used to kick-start other lines.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad