BREAKING NEWS, REFS SUCK! oil lose 2-1

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
you could make a dossier of all the bum calls against us this year and make a case that it can't be a coincidence.

If you made an extensive review of all ref calls involving the Oilers, both for and against us, I'm sure it would come out stilted hard against us.

I would love to see them all myself again, back to back, It would be pretty interesting viewing.

adkid2

Jul 29, 2011
What pisses me off is that if it was indeed offside, the Ducks could have challenged it and won. There would have been no harm if they kept the play alive....:rant::rant:

Last edited:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The two worst calls of the season have occurred against the Oilers in the past two games. Not even debateable.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That's 12-16" inside the blueline. ****ing awful to have a game decided like that.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I fear for Mcdavid wanting out at some point just because the league makes it impossible to win here. I don't think he'd leave for any other reason.

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
Even I thought it was a little ridiculous with the refs but this is getting absolutely awful.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
And lose 10k for something that won't make a difference? If he were, and he is, a smart man, he won't say anything out of line.

Because that's how the system forces him and others like him in this league to act.

The only way we see a difference is if we see a call like that get a monetary fine and it's done openly for the league and fans alike to know about. Take the unchallenged power away from these morons and create some accountability, because right now, there's zero.

ZERO.

Thats the fans choice...and fans continue to eat and support the garbage

even if the ref apologizes...its BS. BS

This is a clown league

People need to stop buying the licensed merch. Stop supporting.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The ref probably lost sight of the puck for a split second in the mass of all the black skates and thought the puck was over? That's the only thing I can think of. I don't know. Watching it live though you could clearly see McDavid keep it in. /shrug

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
I've been a hockey fan for 30 years and I've never felt this way before, but the officiating has been so outrageously bad this year I'm now completely convinced that there is something more going on here than just incompetent officials. In years past sometimes bad calls would go against the Oilers and sometimes for them, but this year they are getting the short end of the stick almost every night. It is particularly bad when playing the California teams. I don't know whether there is some league wide conspiracy (that seems hard to believe) or if the refs just hate the Oilers or some of their players, but there is something going on here because this cannot possibly be a coincidence that we are victims of this kind of absurdity every damn night.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I would love to see them all myself again, back to back, It would be pretty interesting viewing.

Who has 2 hours of free time to sit there and do it though?

I mean watch a finished version of all the botched calls against the Oil, not make it.

This whole season has been a farce.

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
The Maroon call was absolutely horse pucks. The onside call well that was it. The Zebras should get **** canned for that. How can you make such BS calls always against the Oilers. Hell there needs to be some accountability

Epoh

Nov 22, 2014
I’m gonna wait until we all cool down from the officiating bull**** to chat the other big story tonight.... Yak.

But I will say.... that shot nurse took at the linesman at the end of the 1st period (i think) on the dump in. Well.... it may have come back to hurt us.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
g1336260756737614486.jpg

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
The ref probably lost sight of the puck for a split second in the mass of all the black skates and thought the puck was over? That's the only thing I can think of. I don't know. Watching it live though you could clearly see McDavid keep it in. /shrug

With the way the rules are setup, the ref has no excuse to call an offside unless he clearly sees the play go offside. It's a reviewable call.

Especially with 8 seconds left in the god damn game. Obviously this was an instinct call, but it was a ****ing stupid instinct.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
And lose 10k for something that won't make a difference? If he were, and he is, a smart man, he won't say anything out of line.

Because that's how the system forces him and others like him in this league to act.

The only way we see a difference is if we see a call like that get a monetary fine and it's done openly for the league and fans alike to know about. Take the unchallenged power away from these morons and create some accountability, because right now, there's zero.

ZERO.

Sure don't say anything and continue to get crapped on. If I made McLellan money I'd take that fine, wipe my ass with the stack of hundreds and then send it to the NHL head office.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I've been a hockey fan for 30 years and I've never felt this way before, but the officiating has been so outrageously bad this year I'm now completely convinced that there is something more going on here than just incompetent officials. In years past sometimes bad calls would go against the Oilers and sometimes for them, but this year they are getting the short end of the stick almost every night. It is particularly bad when playing the California teams. I don't know whether there is some league wide conspiracy (that seems hard to believe) or if the refs just hate the Oilers or some of their players, but there is something going on here because this cannot possibly be a coincidence that we are victims of this kind of absurdity every damn night.

We sound like a bunch of complaining babies when we watch this and moan, and of course we're bias when we say we're not getting fair treatment here, but the proof is in the mother****ing pudding.

It is so unbearably obvious that there's something going on here.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
I've had a suspicion regarding the league and southern teams (ie. officiating bias) since the "non-goal" on Quick by McDavid early in the season. If it smells like ****, its usually ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad