TV: Breaking Bad

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Feeling confused. But anyway, here are some basic Infos:

A Breaking Bad movie appears to finally be in the works, five years after the series finished in 2013. Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan is developing a two-hour project that “will be set in the existing Breaking Bad franchise”, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The Albuquerque Journal, in New Mexico, has reported that filming will begin in Albuquerque – where the original series was set and shot – this month. It also claims to have obtained a synopsis and the project’s working title: it currently appears to be called Greenbrier and it will “follow the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom”.
Other details are thin on the ground, including whether or not Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul or other actors from the television show will take part. The project is the first fruit of Gilligan’s recently signed deal with Sony’s division. It is not yet known whether the film will premiere in cinemas or on television.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Mixed feelings overall, but I'll still watch it.

Sounds like the "escaped kidnapped man" would obviously be Pinkman, and if Aaron Paul isn't involved then that's strike 1 already. I'm sure it can still be good, but that'll always be an issue.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The movie has been confirmed to be about Jesse in the events after Breaking Bad. It is a sequel to the show

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The movie has been confirmed to be about Jesse in the events after Breaking Bad. It is a sequel to the show

That's hilarious. I'm taking an environmental law class and the discussion we were having was about the difficulty an actor might have jumping from TV to movies, and I mentioned that someone like Bryan Cranston didn't have much issue because he's such a chameleon as an actor that can handle a variety of performance needs that his transition was pretty seamless, while someone like Aaron Paul hasn't really been able to get a movie career going probably in part because people can't see him as anyone but Jesse Pinkman.

That was yesterday. Today I find out Aaron Paul IS gonna star in a new movie...playing Jesse Pinkman.

Reactions: BlackStar

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not sure how Cranston can be in it as a sequel...and also not sure how it's set in Alberquerque, he obviously couldn't stay, unless it picks up literally right after he crashes through the gate.

If that was the post credit scene, I'd be happy.

The movie is just a caption "One month later" and it's Kuby opening the door with skinny Lavell Crawford walking out. And I always like seeing Bill Burr getting acting gigs :laugh:

Those acting roles must not be coming in hot and heavy for Aaron Paul.

I'll always give Bojack Horseman a plug.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
You kinda can't have Cranston in it, Walter's kinda dead man. Unless they're going prequel route, which is what BCS is doing right now.

Hey, its Hollywood. A character isn't dead, until Internet decided so. And if i remember correctly, Walter was not officially dead. He was "only" dying in the last episode. So a rebirth isn't so impossible.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
That's hilarious. I'm taking an environmental law class and the discussion we were having was about the difficulty an actor might have jumping from TV to movies, and I mentioned that someone like Bryan Cranston didn't have much issue because he's such a chameleon as an actor that can handle a variety of performance needs that his transition was pretty seamless, while someone like Aaron Paul hasn't really been able to get a movie career going probably in part because people can't see him as anyone but Jesse Pinkman.

That was yesterday. Today I find out Aaron Paul IS gonna star in a new movie...playing Jesse Pinkman.
Maybe Jesse Pinkman should start taking acting roles as character Aaron Paul who plays other characters!

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
There's no way Cranston isn't it in the movie. He will be in the movie--in flashbacks.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I don't know how I feel about this. Take one of the greatest TV shows ever and write a sequel for a story that was wrapped up? Playing with fire potentially.

It's an interesting idea and maybe one of those will Jesse go somewhere else and cook because that is his predominant skill, or is someone after him?

I like Aaron Paul as many of us do, but I don't know if he's a movie star. Need For Speed and Triple 9 both didn't do that great in North America.

Having Cranston in flashbacks is just cheesy and if they do it more than once, unnecessary.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Yeah I have mixed feelings about this.

They ended the show perfectly. You expect that Jessie escapes, is given a second chance with his life, and hopefully redeems himself in getting out of a life of crime. But if it is a sequel, and it is focused on Jessie, then you'd think he'll go back to his old ways and start manufacturing drugs again. To me, that kind of cheapens the ending of Breaking Bad as it is no longer left open to interpretation and subsequently loses that hope for Jessie's future.

On the other hand, most people said Better Call Saul would flop and that spin offs are always garbage, and it proved people wrong. So I'm at least open to the idea and optimistic about it.

Reactions: Voight

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
anyone having mixed feelings should be put at ease if Vince is the director and writer

BCS is amazing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad