Confirmed with Link: Braydon Coburn re-signed for 3 years/3.7 AAV

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
TKO
KFC
Paq/Vlad/upgrade
Brown/Boyle/upgrade

To me that is still a playoff team. Don't think its a cup contender...but definetely a playoff team. I'm ok with losing Stammer especially if we could get an upgrade at both second and third winger positions or solidify the D core.

Marchessault?

I would do Palat - Johnson - Marchessault
Brown - Namestnikov - Kucherov
Killorn - Filpulla - Callahan
Paquette - Boyle - Condra/Richard

Marchessault has played well with Johnson and Brown - Namestnikov - Kucherov have prior chemistry from Syracuse.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Marchessault?

I would do Palat - Johnson - Marchessault
Brown - Namestnikov - Kucherov
Killorn - Filpulla - Callahan
Paquette - Boyle - Condra/Richard

Marchessault has played well with Johnson and Brown - Namestnikov - Kucherov have prior chemistry from Syracuse.

Approved. :handclap:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Kuch is proven to be a #1 guy for sure, Johnson and Palat need to get back to producing like they where last year (which they are showing signs of now, getting better and better again, injuries obviously effected them) because if their just meh i'm concerned. At least Stamkos is good for 30+ goals a season, if he walks and we get a "meh" TKO we're in trouble. We need some more offence. If he stays we upgrade the defence

GollyG

Apr 4, 2015
In a Storm Cloud
@ Yzerman:

the-sting-knows_zpswyhb8pqv.gif

For Coburn & Yzerman: MmmHmm :nod:

For Paul: MmmHmm :heart: :dainty:

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
TKO
KFC
Paq/Vlad/upgrade
Brown/Boyle/upgrade

To me that is still a playoff team. Don't think its a cup contender...but definetely a playoff team. I'm ok with losing Stammer especially if we could get an upgrade at both second and third winger positions or solidify the D core.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but that lineup is not good. You said it yourself, we go from annual cup contender to fringe playoff team. Not good.

If Stamkos goes then we NEED to find someone who can replace his production.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'm sure I'm in the minority here but that lineup is not good. You said it yourself, we go from annual cup contender to fringe playoff team. Not good.

I'm not sure we can find one player who can replace his production but we can probably sign a couple players who can produce and can be better playoff performers.

Tampabear

Mar 5, 2014

Finally a voice of reason...

Tampabear

Mar 5, 2014
I'm not sure we can find one player who can replace his production but we can probably sign a couple players who can produce and can be better playoff performers.

I don't know about that. Stamkos is top 3 core player. You won't replace him.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't know about that. Stamkos is top 3 core player. You won't replace him.

I love Stamkos and everything but there is a bunch of players in this league I would take over him. He doesn't make my top 10. He's definitely a good player and I don't want to lose him but there's a point where you ask if were paying too much for what he brings. Over 10 mil is that limit for me. He's playing great right now, let's see if he can keep that up until the end of the season. If he does then he maybe deserves over 10.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He's too slow and 3.7 is way too much for a team who is trying to resign Stamkos.

Coburn skates really good for a guy his size! I think we are so used to watching hedman skate! But have to remember hedman is a freak of nature! Biggest guy I've ever seen skate that well.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Coburn skates really good for a guy his size! I think we are so used to watching hedman skate! But have to remember hedman is a freak of nature! Biggest guy I've ever seen skate that well.

Lol I was just rehashing the best of the "Coburn re-signed" thread on the main boards. Coincidentally it was Toronto fans who thought it was a poor signing.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Lol I was just rehashing the best of the "Coburn re-signed" thread on the main boards. Coincidentally it was Toronto fans who thought it was a poor signing.

Lol ya just hit the ignore button from leafs fans coburn would be there number one d man on that team.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We might not be able to pay Stamkos 12 per year but we are set up to win now and in the future unlike Toronto! A lot of teams can't offer Stamkos that.

I think when you see a guy like Coburn take a pay cut like that it makes you think Stammer may do the same. Coburn could have got at least 5 per year and longer term from some team in FA.

I keep saying it but I think Stamkos agent is the only reason this thing isn't done right now. Until there is a deal that his agent thinks Stamkos is worth you won't see him signed.

This is why this could be until FA. Now Stamkos could still take a pay cut and end up here. But his agent will try to put a deal in front of him that has the most money involved. He gets paid too.

If Stamkos really does want to be back here this still doesn't stop his agent from saying we can still get another offer from another team to get Yzerman to increase the offer.

I think he will eventually sign here but it's going to take time. All it will really take to get done quicker is Stamkos saying enough is enough I want to be in
TB and agent get it done now.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think when you see a guy like Coburn take a pay cut like that it makes you think Stammer may do the same. Coburn could have got at least 5 per year and longer term from some team in FA.

I keep saying it but I think Stamkos agent is the only reason this thing isn't done right now. Until there is a deal that his agent thinks Stamkos is worth you won't see him signed.

This is why this could be until FA. Now Stamkos could still take a pay cut and end up here. But his agent will try to put a deal in front of him that has the most money involved. He gets paid too.

If Stamkos really does want to be back here this still doesn't stop his agent from saying we can still get another offer from another team to get Yzerman to increase the offer.

I think he will eventually sign here but it's going to take time. All it will really take to get done quicker is Stamkos saying enough is enough I want to be in
TB and agent get it done now.
Kind of compare it to Cory perry who has meehan as his agent also! In March perry woke up one day and said I want to stay with the ducks get a deal done. Until Stamkos directs his agents to close with Tampa bay this process will continue to roll on.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
#EFFING YZERMAGIC

But seriously, dude takes a paycut of nearly a mill a year, when he easily could've gotten $5.25-$5.75m on the open market. Ridiculous. This will really help us out in signing some of the kids moving forward too.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
#EFFING YZERMAGIC

But seriously, dude takes a paycut of nearly a mill a year, when he easily could've gotten $5.25-$5.75m on the open market. Ridiculous. This will really help us out in signing some of the kids moving forward too.

Ya I was thinking ok maybe he signed for 5 per year for 3 years when I first saw it! Then went holy cow 3.7 for 3 years! Glad for coburn to stay in Tampa taking less.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Ya I was thinking ok maybe he signed for 5 per year for 3 years when I first saw it! Then went holy cow 3.7 for 3 years! Glad for coburn to stay in Tampa taking less.

I think most of our fans think I'm too critical of Y, but I'll give him all the credit in the world on this one. Will be even more stoked if we move Drouin for a help-now upgrade.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i wrote more on main

anyway bottom line i look at coburn like this him being a major force on our pk and him attacking the puck carriers clearing net at times and allowing our youth and other players

doesnt matter who he plays with nesterov koekkoek sustr garrison he allows them to roam hedman stralman the guy is invisible most of the time but holds the line for the triplets a ton not great on shooting but he gets back defensively and allows the other d to roam

i put a majority of sustr's growth on this man and for this contract its the steal of the year so far:)

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
It's a huge luxury to have Coburn as our 4th d, putting Heddy, Strals and Garrison as 1/2/3/. He skates so well and does everything right, plus he can chip in offensively when need be.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00