May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Wow. I wonder for how much. And this before Stamkos? :P

Also, maybe a sign Carle is leaving...

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Lol got a phone notification that said "The Lightning have signed..." and it cut off the rest. Totally freaked out thinking it was Stamkos. This is like the last thing I expected when I opened it.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I'm pleased he's re-signed. Coburn has gotten more and more used to Lightning hockey the past few months and his skating is a useful asset to us, the guy's reaaal good when he's playing an aggressive game.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'm pleased he's re-signed. Coburn has gotten more and more used to Lightning hockey the past few months and his skating is a useful asset to us, the guy's reaaal good when he's playing an aggressive game.

I agree. Wish Cooper trusted him more because he's not a liability. Certainly don't mind keeping him if the price is okay.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I agree. Wish Cooper trusted him more because he's not a liability. Certainly don't mind keeping him if the price is okay.

I think Bowness is a doing a tremendous work with our blueliners, he's saying all the right things when he's getting interviewed. Coop is so damn conservative it's frustrating with our offense first, speed and skills line-up.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

Pretty good value though. Even if he goes in the crapper it won't kill us as much as Carle has.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Last thing I expected. Totally thought he was walking. The fact that he took a paycut is huge.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I like the signing...Coburn is solid back there and has the flexibility to play both sides. We need a solid veteran defensive defenseman to transition our young two-way blue liners. If it is for same amount he is making now ... good signing. If it is for more than he is making now ... bad signing. If it is for less than he is making now ... great signing.

Coburn signed probably 'casue he fell in love with the area. his kids are in school age now and wants that stability more so than a fat pay check.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Carle's buyout cost is 1.8 million.

1.8 + 3.7 = 5.5

So basically Carle's contract stays on the books and we lose Coburn's 4.5 contract. Assuming a buyout, of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad