Confirmed with Link: Braydon Coburn re-signed for 3 years/3.7 AAV

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Didn't see this coming but it's a great deal, happy to keep Coburn on the team.

This means Carle is gone, which is even better

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Ya but is the cap going down 4 million next year?

A Carle trade solves that problem real damn quick. Trust the Yzerplan. My only issue with this team is that I'm just overly paranoid about the offense being so streaky and feel strongly that it needs to be switched up before the playoffs.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
You think Yzerman closed the deal on his cell phone while taking line rushes for the Red Wings this morning?

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
God it took Coburn a week to get a new deal done. Meanwhile it's gonna take a year on Stamkos. :cry:

One knew what his worth is and wasn't trying to milk us for more, instead just wanted the security and peace of mind of staying here. If Stamkos did the same, he would of been locked up a long time ago.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
This just reeks of Carle getting bought out. I really think the only way to trade Carle (if he even agrees to one, mind you) is to either retain as much as 50%, or to add a significant piece (not a late draft pick). I feel it makes so much more sense to buy him out for cheaper than if you retain 50% or the same as 33% and keep all of your other assets. Yzerman loves his draft picks, so I just can't see him trading one or two of them away for a cap dump.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Did not expect the signing, I am not disappointed either. Now just get rid of Carle and we all good.

Praise Yzesus!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
One knew what his worth is and wasn't trying to milk us for more, instead just wanted the security and peace of mind of staying here. If Stamkos did the same, he would of been locked up a long time ago.

Stamkos feels he can get more then his offer on the market! I also think he wants to play center is a big part of it. Now you notice he is playing center again.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Awesome deal!!!

For me this is the last pieve to the Stammer to FA puzzle. We would not risk losing Kucherov, just to sign Coburn. Either that or some other big dollars will leave soon. Carle is gone as soon as we need is cap anyways. Though I hope we can get through next season without buying him out, so we save time on the buyout years.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Awesome deal!!!

For me this is the last pieve to the Stammer to FA puzzle. We would not risk losing Kucherov, just to sign Coburn. Either that or some other big dollars will leave soon. Carle is gone as soon as we need is cap anyways. Though I hope we can get through next season without buying him out, so we save time on the buyout years.

We'll ohlund covers Stamkos raise gagner and carle buyout covers kucherov raise. Move condra covers brown raise.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
We'll ohlund covers Stamkos raise gagner and carle buyout covers kucherov raise. Move condra covers brown raise.

Ohlund has been put on LTIR for the past few years. While it's nice for Vinik to not have to pay him anymore, it was already removed from cap consideration.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
For god sakes, if they want to extend Stamkos and all they need is an extra 2-3m they will find a way.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
For god sakes, if they want to extend Stamkos and all they need is an extra 2-3m they will find a way.

I don't think it's that easy. It will continue to be the question of whether that is the best way to spend your money. Look we all love Stammer. Is he really worth more than 10 mil is the question you want to ask. Is that the best way to spend our money?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I don't think it's that easy. It will continue to be the question of whether that is the best way to spend your money. Look we all love Stammer. Is he really worth more than 10 mil is the question you want to ask. Is that the best way to spend our money?

Well that's a given, but so is what he said.

I think it would be more appropriate to look at who is able to replace him this summer or via a trade.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Seems like the D core is locked up long-term Coburn, Garrison, Carle and Stralman so wouldn't be surprised Hedman is on his way out.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
TKO
KFC
Paq/Vlad/upgrade
Brown/Boyle/upgrade

To me that is still a playoff team. Don't think its a cup contender...but definetely a playoff team. I'm ok with losing Stammer especially if we could get an upgrade at both second and third winger positions or solidify the D core.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00