Confirmed with Link: Braydon Coburn re-signed for 3 years/3.7 AAV

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Well. You think you know what the Yzerman is up to. And then he serves up something like this. Not the hugest Coburn fan, but I guess we can live with this.

imp91

Feb 9, 2015
That's like really good work from Yzerman there. I was really worried when I saw it on my twitter feed, but 3,7 AAV for TOP4 dman is really great.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
It might also be just what it looks like: A solid Dman taking a paycut to stick around.

Not really what could he have got on the market? 4.5 or 4 per year ? Factor in Fl no state taxes. Plus coburn got a full nmc for two years! That's worth more then money to some guys. But this is a great deal for both sides. Great job by yzerman locking coburn up I love this deal.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
It might also be just what it looks like: A solid Dman taking a paycut to stick around.

Very true but I was also thinking KK and Nestea will definitely need (deserve) NHL playing time but the situation is not clear yet, only speculation.

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
@ Yzerman:

the-sting-knows_zpswyhb8pqv.gif

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yzerman loves depth on his blue line and now this seals the deal for a carle trade or buyout this summer.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
This is good news, was a bit worried when I first saw that he'd been signed that it because I thought it was for more than he was making now but this is great and he's good defensman and it will be good to have him here for a while longer.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Very true but I was also thinking KK and Nestea will definitely need (deserve) NHL playing time but the situation is not clear yet, only speculation.

Yeah, but Coburn's top-4, maybe #5. One way or another, Carle's gone. So KK has his spot ready and waiting.

I wouldn't get too attached to Nesterov though. He has all the earmarks of a guy Yzerman moves.

I feel like we're gonna move Carle. Just a feeling. I thought it was impossible until a few days ago. I also think, just by our name being mentioned in passing by the Big Trusted TSN guys, that we probably are, indeed, quietly in on Schultz. I can only hope Yzerman's working some kind of magic to get Carle's contract off the books.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The money's not bad, but im not crazy about 3 years and the added on NTC. Overall though its fine by me. We make sure to keep some depth for next year and Coburn is a nice vet that can help with the young guys like Koekkoek who are trying to move their way up.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Does coburn staying mean goodbye stammer ? Kucherov, brown, Killorn raises coming.

Not necessarily. Stamkos' a raise was/is only gonna be about $2 million and change. It's not like we've needed to CREATE $10 million in space that wasn't there, he's already making $7.5 million AAV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad