Brayden Schenn trade

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Any repercussions from the B. Schenn comments about the Stastny trade? Blues seemed such a model of stability until the bottom suddenly fell out.
Mtl medias call Blues as biggest losers from the tdl.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Because they didn't give them clicks by acquiring Patches.
"We're not moving Pacioretty unless we get a top 6 center prospect back"

Rest of the league. Ok bye bye then.

Even with the hilarious collapse of the Blues, Schenn isn't the problem. Most night he seems to be the only to give a f***. I can't speak for other Blues fans but I knew Schenn wouldn't be a 90pt player. I figured 65-75 one things settled.

Last edited:

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
So the Blues trade Stastny for a single first round pick in 2018; where they acquired Schenn and gave up 2 first round draft picks...seems pretty backwards.

Stastny (previous 4 seasons) averages 0.71 points per game
Schenn (previous 4 seasons) averages 0.64 points per game

Reactions: AdamParrot

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
So the Blues trade Stastny for a single first round pick in 2018; where they acquired Schenn and gave up 2 first round draft picks...seems pretty backwards.

Why are you using stats from the previous 4 years when they were on different teams and not stats from this year when they're on the same team?

Because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Pretty much all media outlets are saying the same thing, even Brayden Schenn was disappointed.

I asked you a question in the other thread in which you were obsessing about Schenn, but you don't need to answer it. I can tell you're bitter. Not even subtle, just so you know.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007

Part of the Schenn trade was the dumping of 2 years of Lehtera.

After the Schenn trade, Armstrong mentioned that the reason the deal was possible was because the blues had the Reaves deal lined up with Pittsburgh and knew they were getting a first back (and Sunqvist) for Reaves and a 2nd.

Schenn had 3 years left on his deal. Stastny had 2 months. The team has been just going through the motions since the start of the new year and had lost 6 games straight when Stas was traded.

Blues traded
27th in 2017
2018 first (top 10 protected)
Reaves
2017 2nd rounder
Lehtera (Pure Cap Dump)
Stastny (2 months left on deal)

Blues Received
Schenn (3 years left)
31st in 2017
Lunqvist
2018 first (top 3 protected)
Foley or 4th (if Foley doesn't sign)
4.7 in cap relief (for 2 years, Lehtera)

Why keep Stastny when the team hasn't shown any fight for two months? Recoup some assets and try to improve the team for next year.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
M

Maybe because one is pending UFA and 6 years older

Reactions: PiggySmalls

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nice to see Schenn call out management for that Stastny trade.

He also subtley called out Hakstols offensive system last year in Philly (too reliant on high-low passing and point shots).

Hope he continues to do well there but as a Flyers fan with the benefit of hindsight, I re-do that trade in a heartbeat.

Konecny is flourishing in Schenns top 6 RW role.

Couturier is flourishing in Schenns PP1 slot position.

2017 1st round pick Morgan Frost is scorching the OHL.

2018 1st looks to be best case scenario, 11th-15th overall.

The Flyers are having their best season since 2012.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
You haven't seen inconsistent Schenn yet. He could not do anything with Giroux and Voracek on the same line and that s saying something.

I wager next year there will be a specific thread on the Blues board "What to do about Schenn?"; when they see him back to his normal self.

Don't say we didn;t warn you.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Like I said at the time of the trade. The Blues got a very good player for two picks that may or may not ever be NHL players. Great deal for the Blues.
Flyers are surgical in 1st round. Morgan Frost is the beast and if Blues won't make playsoffs that 10-15 pick in this strong draft may be even better. Anyway, I never liked Schenn, glad he was traded

Last edited:

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
With 17 games remaining, provided he stays healthy, I see no reason he can't hit 30 goals and 65 pts. Great piece to build around moving forward.

Now...the rest of our offense. :help:

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I don’t really buy into this bitterness in both sides. Schenn is slightly reverting to type, but he’s improved a little and is what St Louis needed I guess. I wouldn’t rely on him for anything, but he’ll get 60 from somewhere.

We meanwhile drafted what looks like a stud in Frost and will get another good piece this year too. Lehtera sucks beyond belief but he’s not really hurting us for now.

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
Can't we just accept that it was a good trade for both teams rather than try desperately to seek out a loser in this deal? If we want to really seek out a loser, let's wait a few years.

Reactions: Tripod and MSSLYNX

DogwoodFLY

Jul 13, 2009
Typical HF.

Blues start the season on fire, Schenn in paricular. Sentiment is the Flyers got absolutely hosed. Two draft picks for a first time center?!?!? AND THE TOOK LEHTERA?!?!

Now the Blues are on the skids and the Flyers are in first place in their division. Flyers don't miss Schenn at all. And those two picks are going to be amazing value going forward. Lehtera is horrific (so slow) but this isn't a team that looks at itself as a serious contender so if we got a first instead of a 2nd to carry Lehtera for a couple years that seems like a good move to me.

As things are now you have to think the blues make that trade in a win now mindset. That's not panning out. The flyers make that trade in a future value mindset... and things are materializing faster than expected. I'm not going to say the Blues lose the trade, but the Flyers clearly win.

DogwoodFLY

Jul 13, 2009
Can someone smarter than me post a Trade Tree showing the assets the flyers have as a result of the Richards/Carter trades?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad