Eklund Rumor: Brayden Schenn for Kevin Shattenkirk

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
No leaks have come from Flyers camp since Hexy took over (besides MDZ saying Weise signed). We didn't even know Gordon's contract details for hours after the Flyers announced the signing.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
How about a Flyers-Blues trade in the offseason

Flyers get: RD Shattenkirk and LW Paajarvi
Blues get: F Schenn, D Streit, (D Alt or D Hagg) and the rights to D Amorosa

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
i like how eklund just kinda throws puuljarvi's (no idea how to spell) name out there too, because the oilers would definitely trade the person they just picked

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
i like how eklund just kinda throws puuljarvi's (no idea how to spell) name out there too, because the oilers would definitely trade the person they just picked

It's actually Magnus Paajarvi, who was once selected by the Oilers before being traded to the Blues - the other team mentioned in the rumor.

Last edited:

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
This rumor isn't remotely plausible for the Blues from a cap standpoint. Shattenkirk + Paajarvi is a little under 5M in cap space. A signed Schenn + Streit is likely over 10M.

Avenger*

Has Eklund been right on a single "rumour" the last couple seasons?

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Eklund is a rumour aggregrate, not a trade breaker.

Teams are ALWAYS talking, and those talks can range from final negotiations to "is this player available? no? okay, bye"
Eklund takes what he hears and reports it. Everything and anything.

This site is simply a rumour and news aggregate too, beyond its discussion board.
We put a tag on Eklund rumours so you know its him though, so if you don't want to read Eklund rumours, you won't click on it and read it.
We put the tag on it to deter comments like this, yet everytime an Eklund thread pops up, half the posts are about how people don't like Eklund because his stuff doesn't come true, therefore he must make it up, and all the discussion on the rumour and possible trade gets buried.

We'll take your opinion on the rumour, but we don't really need your opinion on Eklund.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Has Eklund been right on a single "rumour" the last couple seasons?

Haha ya I was wondering what trades he has gotten right before... I know there has been a few but I can't remember what rumors he posted that ended up happening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad