Eklund Rumor: Brayden Schenn for Kevin Shattenkirk

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
another eklund rumor....

More on Brayden..despite the sides being far apart, sources tell me that the rumors of a possible deal that would send Schenn to St. Louis for Shattenkirk are a bit premature..."Not impossible...but Not yet," my source continued, "The Flyers really want to sign and retain Schenn..They are currently looking to add another top 6 forward, not lose one."

If a deal were to happen it may look something like Schenn and Mark Streit for Shattenkirk and another forward...some have speculated Paajarvi...but that appears to be more speculation...Streit would be the perfect fit for the Blues by very sufficiently taking Shattenkirk's power play time, but not requiring a long term deal moving forward...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...CullenSt-Louis-Schenn-for-Shattenkirk/1/78085

Last edited by a moderator:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
so if I'm reading that first paragraph correctly, the rumor is that this deal isn't happening?

A year ago I would have been pissed off by this but now after seeing how Armstrong has handled this Shattenkirk thing I would be amazed if they got a player like Schenn for him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers fans say no thanks.

D is set for future. Schenn will remain a core piece.

Eklund has 0 sources in Hextalls regime. Pure speculation, like most Eklund rumors.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
So the Flyers, who have the best defensive prospects by far, are going to add a Dman but give up a roster player who is a forward?

Doesn't make sense to me.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
"Not impossible.. But not yet". TF does that even mean

Then his source says "Flyers want to re-sign Schenn. And add another top 6 forward, not lose one".

Makes no sense.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
"Not impossible.. But not yet". TF does that even mean

Then his source says "Flyers want to re-sign Schenn. And add another top 6 forward, not lose one".

Makes no sense.

Its Eklund. What do you expect?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So the Flyers, who have the best defensive prospects by far, are going to add a Dman but give up a roster player who is a forward?

Doesn't make sense to me.

It makes more sense to Eklund cause he really thinks Hextall will trade Sanheim for Yakupov.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Id like to see Ducks acquire Schenn

Schenn (probably looking for 5 years at around $5m AAV) + Streit (1 year at $5.25m AAV, but only $2m in actual salary)

for

Silfverberg (3 years at $3.75m AAV) + Stoner (2 years at $3m AAV) + solid forward prospect.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Unfortunately, Philly and Anaheim are poor trading partners.

Ya I hear u... if Flyers were in need of dmen, then a deal could be made with Ducks and Flyers... Ducks could definately use him, but Flyers don't need what Ducks would like to offer

Evergreen

Schenn (probably looking for 5 years at around $5m AAV) + Streit (1 year at $5.25m AAV, but only $2m in actual salary)

for

Silfverberg (3 years at $3.75m AAV) + Stoner (2 years at $3m AAV) + solid forward prospect.

Are you serious? That's terrible for the Flyers. Schenn > Silfverberg and Streit >>> Stoner. Stoner is terrible and has an added year on his contract that would be problematic when the Flyers are trying to bring up some of the young D prospects.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Are you serious? That's terrible for the Flyers. Schenn > Silfverberg and Streit >>> Stoner. Stoner is terrible and has an added year on his contract that would be problematic when the Flyers are trying to bring up some of the young D prospects.

Stoner isn't terrible at all, that's a false HF narrative that stems from him being overpaid.

BluesTraveller

Mar 5, 2012
St Louis
We don't need or want Streit. We are moving Shattenkirk to give more ice time to Parayko, why bring in Streit to clog the depth chart with his ineffective play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad