Rumor: Brayden Schenn Asking Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Why anomaly? Schenn has shown improvements in each season. These are steady steps and growth in Schenn's development.

He's 24 years old, all of his prime years should be ahead of him.

Schenn had the same shot rate this season as he did in 13-14. He scored more because he shot ~15% and got a lot of PP points. It doesnt look like he has significantly improved since then

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
Do you really live in AC? I was in Brigantine yesterday, might be my favorite beach in NJ

I live on the mainland across the bridge from Atlantic City and the other islands. You should have seen how clear the water in Brigantine was last week, looked like the Caribbean.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I live on the mainland across the bridge from Atlantic City and the other islands. You should have seen how clear the water in Brigantine was last week, looked like the Caribbean.

Seriously. It was insane down here. The cause was a phytoplankton bumper crop if I remember correctly.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Do you have a contractual obligation to make a negative comment in every thread about a Flyers player, or is it just a hobby?

It's particularly odd in this case since Schenn's 59 points is more than any Devils player has scored in a season since the lockout apart from Jagr.

More of a compulsion, I'd venture.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Ya, I can't help myself!

Trust me, we've all noticed.

We have a prediction game on the Flyers board that involves predicting which one of you and NeedleintheHay will offer the first negative comment on any given main board thread about the Flyers or a Flyers player. There's also an at-home drinking game version, but that gets really deadly very quickly.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Trust me, we've all noticed.

We have a prediction game on the Flyers board that involves predicting which one of you and NeedleintheHay will offer the first negative comment on any given main board thread about the Flyers or a Flyers player. There's also an at-home drinking game version, but that gets really deadly very quickly.

Interesting. Seems like you have a lot of time to create this stuff. Send me the link and I'd be happy to play as well!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Schenn had the same shot rate this season as he did in 13-14. He scored more because he shot ~15% and got a lot of PP points. It doesnt look like he has significantly improved since then

He scored at 1.95 points/60 5 on 5. Much higher than any other season.

His overall increase in production of 12 was made up of 9 ES points and only 3 PP points. Time for you to come up with some other reason why Schenn has increased production every season without actually improving.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He scored at 1.95 points/60 5 on 5. Much higher than any other season.

His overall increase in production of 12 was made up of 9 ES points and only 3 PP points. Time for you to come up with some other reason why Schenn has increased production every season without actually improving.

His 5 on 5 P/60 did actually go down in 14-15 before spiking in 15-16. Playing NJ Devils' advocate, you are saying he's a better player because his scoring improved. Doesn't really get at the why though and the underlying sustainability. Saying all his possession stats and his shot generation stats and all that jazz didn't really increase from career averages, but his scoring did warrants some questioning as to why.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Interesting. Seems like you have a lot of time to create this stuff. Send me the link and I'd be happy to play as well!

Sure thing, start at post #527.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2101837&page=22

And that's just about your work on this thread. There are at least a half a dozen other threads scattered on the Flyers board where you can almost hear audible groans at the moment when you make your inevitable entrance on a Flyers-related mainboard thread.

But by all means continue. As you said, you can't help yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad