Rumor: Brayden Schenn Asking Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Always seemed like a dude that would start putting everything together when his man strength came in.

I think a 5x5 would be a steal by the end of it. I do think 2 years 'show me' isn't bad but imho he's gonna consistently be a 50-65 point guy, it's not a great gamble that he's going to fall off that. And that's before you take into account physicality and such.

Real good player imo, and I think what we saw last year is what we will see going forward.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
The only reason Schenn is even close to Kadri's career PPG total is because of his break out year, last year. Defensively, they are probably on par, with the fancy stats slightly favoring Kadri. Kadri and him are comparable and Schenn should be looking at 4.5.

Of course, we know how GMs pay after 1 year of production so he'll probably get 5 and up.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Live look at Hextall in negotiations with Schenn

boom-o.gif

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
This thread is reminding me of how much Schenn gets under opponents' skin.

You'd think he was a 4th line scrub based off of how people talk about him.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
For a player like B.Schenn who falls in that 50-60pt range but also brings a lot of positional C/W flexibility value, and a nice edge and physical presence on top of that...$5M and change seems entirely fair, if not even toward the low-end of fair.

Philly really aiming to lowball Schenn here, looks like.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
It would be great if the Flyers could get Schenn for around 4.75mil but I think he's gonna get atleast 5mil or more.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I realize he is as good as his peers. 5m isnt stupid but its a bit over what he should get. Henrique, Kadri... these are comparables

Here is what you are missing though.

Henrique signed on Aug 13, 2013. He had a 13 point season in 42 games...so a 31 point pace.
Kadri signed on Apr 13, 2016. He had a 45 point season in 76 games...so a 49 point pace.

Schenn just had 59 points in 80 games. Kadri's best is 50 points, Henriques best is 51.

So Schenn certainly lucked out in having a career year this year. But he has also increased his point total every year in the league. So it's not like he has been up and down different years....just steady growth.

Most Flyers fans feel that Schenn will sign to a 5 year deal...with Reilly Smith and Jayden Schwartz deal as the low and high. So Smith got 5 million, Schwartz got 5.35. Schenn is better than Smith, but not Schwartz. Him getting 5.25 was my guess for awhile. If Philly gets him for 5 million or less, it's a steal based on the season he just had.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Here is what you are missing though.

Henrique signed on Aug 13, 2013. He had a 13 point season in 42 games...so a 31 point pace.
Kadri signed on Apr 13, 2016. He had a 45 point season in 76 games...so a 49 point pace.

Schenn just had 59 points in 80 games. Kadri's best is 50 points, Henriques best is 51.

So Schenn certainly lucked out in having a career year this year. But he has also increased his point total every year in the league. So it's not like he has been up and down different years....just steady growth.

Most Flyers fans feel that Schenn will sign to a 5 year deal...with Reilly Smith and Jayden Schwartz deal as the low and high. So Smith got 5 million, Schwartz got 5.35. Schenn is better than Smith, but not Schwartz. Him getting 5.25 was my guess for awhile. If Philly gets him for 5 million or less, it's a steal based on the season he just had.

Jason Blake scored 40 goals, once. You would be that GM that over pays for everybody after 1 good year. Schenn had an excellent year but his career PPG is lower than Kadri's. Fancy stats favour Kadri as well and I wouldn't say Schenn is all that better defensively. $5M is definitely not a steal for Schenn, when you compare similar players.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Jason Blake scored 40 goals, once. You would be that GM that over pays for everybody after 1 good year. Schenn had an excellent year but his career PPG is lower than Kadri's. Fancy stats favour Kadri as well and I wouldn't say Schenn is all that better defensively. $5M is definitely not a steal for Schenn, when you compare similar players.

Jason Blake? Really? Jason Blake was an UDFA who scored 40 goals in his age 33 season and was diagnosed with leukemia after signing the resulting contract. What in the world does he have to do with a 24 year old former top prospect who always showed flashes and seems to have found some consistency?

Steal is a relative term that holds no actual meaning. It's lower than full market value given his age, production, and how many UFA years it would buy out.

The Kadri contract is fantastic. That doesn't mean he individually sets the market.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

Schenn has considerably outplayed Kadri for two consecutive years. If you want to use figures from 2011 to tilt your argument then feel free, but it holds no water.

Evergreen

This is one of the most bizarre comparisons I've ever seen someone try to make on this board. Congratulations.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
This is one of the most bizarre comparisons I've ever seen someone try to make on this board. Congratulations.
It's called a big desperation stretch. Schenn is a very good, improving player. We could have a one on one skills competition with Schenn and Kadri, but only if Kadri's mommy remembers to set the alarm clock....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad