Status
Not open for further replies.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Call a shot like that again and we're gonna have to start calling you The Babe
artwork-ruth-babe-10097.89-nbl_cropped.jpg

VinikToWinIt analyzes the draft, 2014 (colorized)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Call a shot like that again and we're gonna have to start calling you The Babe

There's a German guy (I think) who doesn't post much now, and he was ALL about Point as a homerun pick on the day we drafted him. Jacko something? Pretty crazy to project that for a 3rd rounder, before we even picked him.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
There's a German guy (I think) who doesn't post much now, and he was ALL about Point as a homerun pick on the day we drafted him. Jacko something? Pretty crazy to project that for a 3rd rounder, before we even picked him.

Yeah we can see him on page 2... Some have a good eye for talent. The only one I was ever truly sure about and got right was Kucherov

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think that was jacko the first equipment manager the lightning ever had. I used to chat with him every now and then.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I’m perfectly fine with the situation. Point wants to stay and JBB is trying to negotiate a seal that gives the Lightning max flexibility.

Point is really good but I thought he tailed off the last half of the year. He was money on the PP, but lots of guys would produce in the slot between Stammer and Kuch. He was not the same driving force we had become accustomed to the prior season and a half.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Yeah we can see him on page 2... Some have a good eye for talent. The only one I was ever truly sure about and got right was Kucherov

I've gotten quite a few right, also missed on a few. I honestly believe I'm a pretty good arm chair scout. I never scouted Point though so I missed the boat on that one. (I also missed on a few that I did scout. Wasn't perfect.)

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Saw a theory on Point getting re-signed in another thread and find it to be an interesting thought. It says that JBB and Point already have agreed to terms on a deal verbally but the team is holding off on signing it until after Toronto signs Marner. By not signing the team-friendly deal yet, Toronto will overpay (again) and will find themselves in cap hell again. Then, after they overpay Marner, the Bolts make Point's contract official... a team-friendly deal that basically brings HF boards crashing down from the salt. JBB busy playing chess while Dumbass is playing checkers... I like it...

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Saw a theory on Point getting re-signed in another thread and find it to be an interesting thought. It says that JBB and Point already have agreed to terms on a deal verbally but the team is holding off on signing it until after Toronto signs Marner. By not signing the team-friendly deal yet, Toronto will overpay (again) and will find themselves in cap hell again. Then, after they overpay Marner, the Bolts make Point's contract official... a team-friendly deal that basically brings HF boards crashing down from the salt. JBB busy playing chess while Dumbass is playing checkers... I like it...
The lightning don’t have interest in the maple leafs business point and brisebois have not agreed on a contract otherwise it would have been signed. If point has a deal on the table he is good with then he would have signed it by now.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

That could be the case. I do think they are playing a game of wait and see what the other gets. There are still several RFAs that havent signed yet. That could be a reason why. Though I dont think there is anything a Lightning fan would rather see than Points deal come after Marner and for it to be team friendly compared to his. Not only for our sake but for entertainments sake too :laugh:

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
giphy.gif

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
The lightning don’t have interest in the maple leafs business point and brisebois have not agreed on a contract otherwise it would have been signed. If point has a deal on the table he is good with then he would have signed it by now.
Did you even read what his post said? lol

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ya but i don’t by it at all

I think there is a possibility that his theory is correct. Point has already made it known that he wants to be here. With that said, there isnt a real rush to get it done right now. Especially if the term/numbers arnt as high as you expect the others to be. The way TB has done their contracts is to be competitive compared to other teams salaries. If that is part of the strategy, why not wait until other contracts are done and then announce your (cheaper) contract after? If Point was still trying to get his, then he could be waiting to see the others and then compare, but I dont see that at this stage. I think there is a real possibility that this contract could be lower than people realize. Competitive advantage with contracts has been something we have done here. Whether that continues with Point, we will see.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I'd like to believe that but I just don't at this point. I think they're still working at it, i'm sure we want to lock him up long term but there are some contracts and NTCs to get out of and it might make more sense to bridge him.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Point: what the f***, 12 million????? Screw that verbal agreement.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Like others have said, this theory might or might not be right, but it certainly would be FUN if true. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad