Player Discussion: Brayden Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Career high season with 41 goals and 92 points in 79 games. 9 more goals and 17 more assists for 26 more points than his 2nd best season.
Finished 1st in the NHL with 20 PP goals (1 more than Stamkos), tied-6th in goals scored, 13th in points and tied 28th in assists.
He had only 5 points in his last 9 regular season games and was a healthy scratch in the last game of the season.
1 goal and 0 assists in 4 playoff games.

How will this season impact his asking price and contract negotiations ?
He gets a bridge deal and likes it. Or Ottawa can offer sheet him. Cirelli is quite capable as a top 6 C

Kaeften

Mar 19, 2018
Sweden
Playoffs won't affect much considering contracts are based majorly on the regular season.

I think JBB will be smart enough to try to twist it the other way. Right now, we're not playing to push wildcard spots in the regular season, we're playing to push deep in the playoffs (well, we're SUPPOSED to atleast). The players that'll be signed will have to be held more accountable if they don't contribute to the team's goal (deep cup run/cup win). This may come off as harsh, but in my opinion Point did not fulfill his part at all (a majority of the team didn't, but you get what I mean). I hope he gives in to a bridge deal, since in my eyes, he still has things to prove in the playoffs. I'm fine with a reasonably hefty AAV since he was a monster during the regular season.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
He was pretty meh the second half of the regular season too, so they can point to that as well.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Need to have a frank conversation with him this offseason telling him that he needs to drive the net to create plays.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Point seemed like he was hurt or something at the end of this season. Didnt seem like himself to me. With that said, I think we can talk him into taking a bridge that will help the team. Him taking market value doesnt help our chances at a cup going forward. Wonder what he will think about this. Either way he is an important piece to our success going forward. Hope we can lock him up long term but a bridge might help our team more immediately.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
3A90080D-359D-498E-8B9A-DADEC7FCB3D6.png

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
idk why ppl saying he wasnt good in the jackets series, his shot wasnt quite there but he was literally our only player able to consistently get zone entries

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He was pretty meh the second half of the regular season too, so they can point to that as well.

It seems like most of our players, sooner or later, begin suffering from perimeter-game-itis. In Game 4 vs. CBJ we saw flashes of the Brayden Point we know and love, using his speed to drive the net rather than using it to dart from one non-threatening area to another.

Reactions: Hoek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad