Player Discussion: Brayden Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamfastic

Nov 24, 2014
So Mark Stone signed with Vegas, 8 years and 9,5 million. Point is sure gonna have a nice payday soon, even with the lower taxes in Florida. Pray for discount :rolleyes:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So Mark Stone signed with Vegas, 8 years and 9,5 million. Point is sure gonna have a nice payday soon, even with the lower taxes in Florida. Pray for discount :rolleyes:

I won't be surprised if Point's contract is similar to that. No issues here with it. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a massive discount. Fantastic young player with a will to win.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

There's no state tax in Nevada either..? Mark Stone was also a pending UFA.

Tamfastic

Nov 24, 2014
I don't think you do any research at all.

Well, the taxation in Florida is all I hear people raging in the main boards so I presumed that in Florida it is the lowest. Nonetheless, that doesnt take away the fact that Stones deal makes terrible precedent for Points upcoming deal.

Edit. And yes, Stone was pending UFA. But Point is better player by miles, and a center. If Points agent wants to use Stone's deal as a measuring stick, he sure can.

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Well, the taxation in Florida is all I hear people raging in the main boards so I presumed that in Florida it is the lowest. Nonetheless, that doesnt take away the fact that Stones deal makes terrible precedent for Points upcoming deal.

There is no "precedents" outside of TB. Only been the players here taking a little less to make the team better. It shouldnt surpise anybody if he follows what his teammates before him did.

Tamfastic

Nov 24, 2014
There is no "precedents" outside of TB. Only been the players here taking a little less to make the team better. It shouldnt surpise anybody if he follows what his teammates before him did.

Sure, in my opinion its likely that he does take the discount. Point doesnt seem like a greedy guy, but I dont know about his agent.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Edit. And yes, Stone was pending UFA. But Point is better player by miles, and a center. If Points agent wants to use Stone's deal as a measuring stick, he sure can.
Stone went to a new team and they overpaid him to skip UFA when this summer he could have signed with any nhl team big difference. Stone had all the leverage to get a great contract from Vegas.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Doesn't Point have 4 or 5 years of team control left after this season? Bolts have leveraged that every time negotiations come up, I expect that trend continues with Point and we don't hand him a blank check

Reactions: Hoek

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Doesn't Point have 4 or 5 years of team control left after this season? Bolts have leveraged that every time negotiations come up, I expect that trend continues with Point and we don't hand him a blank check
4 years left of RFA years

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Look he’s having a great year. He’s a fantastic player. But his 5v5 production has slipped lately amd he’s not driving play quite the same.

I wonder if he’s 100% healthy?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Look he’s having a great year. He’s a fantastic player. But his 5v5 production has slipped lately amd he’s not driving play quite the same.

I wonder if he’s 100% healthy?

I think he's deferring to Kucherov a lot 5v5.

I also think the entire team is taking nights off. It's just they're so talented as a unit it doesn't seem to matter.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Career high season with 41 goals and 92 points in 79 games. 9 more goals and 17 more assists for 26 more points than his 2nd best season.
Finished 1st in the NHL with 20 PP goals (1 more than Stamkos), tied-6th in goals scored, 13th in points and tied 28th in assists.
He had only 5 points in his last 9 regular season games and was a healthy scratch in the last game of the season.
1 goal and 0 assists in 4 playoff games.

How will this season impact his asking price and contract negotiations ?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Career high season with 41 goals and 92 points in 79 games. 9 more goals and 17 more assists for 26 more points than his 2nd best season.
Finished 1st in the NHL with 20 PP goals (1 more than Stamkos), tied-6th in goals scored, 13th in points and tied 28th in assists.
He had only 5 points in his last 9 regular season games and was a healthy scratch in the last game of the season.
1 goal and 0 assists in 4 playoff games.

How will this season impact his asking price and contract negotiations ?

Playoffs won't affect much considering contracts are based majorly on the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad