Eklund Rumor: Brayden Point trade

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I promise you it's not point output. It's the fact that Point makes everyone around him better and not the other way around while being above average defensively. He has a LONG way to go in his career but he was a poor man's Yzerman last year. Not comparing anything but effectiveness
He looked like a poor man's Yzerman in the playoffs.Hell he looked like a poor man's Domi in the playoffs.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Are some of you guys serious that you think Domi is better? Last year Scotty Bowman was calling Point a top 10 center in the league and that was before he put up 40 goals and 90 points.

Nobody actually thinks Domi is even near Point i would imagine. Nobody is that stupid lol

People are just saying it cause its just hate towards Point due to refusing to sign a OS with Habs

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think it would be pointless for Tampa Bay Lightning to trade Brayden Point away, because whatever the return would be it would not be scoring the same amount of points that Brayden Point is going to score. So this is very much a potatoe - tomatoe situation, where I like potatoes and that filthy agent only eats tomatoes.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Avs would not do it, because Kadri being so new...because of cap ramifications long term...and because of giving up so much of the future......but if they were all in....

Avs:
Point

Tampa:
Kadri
Kaut
Bowers
1st 2020
1st 2021 (if Avs make SCF in 2019/20 or 2020/21)

is probably where it would start.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Love the Jets trade to get Point, but that’s highly unlikely and not sure what Bolts needs would be.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He looked like a poor man's Yzerman in the playoffs.Hell he looked like a poor man's Domi in the playoffs.

All of Tampa looked like shit in the playoffs. Hell all of Pittsburgh looked like shit in the playoffs too and between Crosby/Malkin you have arguably the 2 best playoff players of this generation and among the best all time.

I don't think it's fair to draw conclusions from 1 playoff run.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
How about Podkolzin and the first Vancouver hasn't already sent you?

I kid.

We don't have the cap space, and haven't signed Boeser yet, not even Benning would so that.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Why would they move him of all people? Is Stamkos immovable with clauses or something? I’d move him 100 times before Point

It seems obvious.

He doesn't have a contract. RFA isn't exactly UFA but close enough - he's up for grabs and all/any teams are allowed to talk to him. The expected price for offer sheet is 4 1sts which might be a lot - so some teams may think instead of paying 4 1sts "what if i did 1 1st and those 2 prospects" - and that's how trade talks occur.

Doesn't mean it'll land somewhere but that's why trade talks are absolutely happening with Tampa and other teams now.

Stamkos has a contract and is one of their very best players. Why would he be up for trade?

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I'm sure this leak must come from Tbay who understand that player wants to stay with the team and want to assert pressure via trade thread

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
All of Tampa looked like **** in the playoffs. Hell all of Pittsburgh looked like **** in the playoffs too and between Crosby/Malkin you have arguably the 2 best playoff players of this generation and among the best all time.

I don't think it's fair to draw conclusions from 1 playoff run.
Especially when those who are mocking playoff performances are fans of teams that weren't even in the playoffs.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Well This is HF and stupidity abounds here often.
I thought the Point offer sheet thread was as bad as it gets. Just when that one died down this Eklund trade rumor thread emerged to take it to the next level.

The chances of Point getting traded are about equal to the chances that McDavid announces his retirement from hockey to pursue a public speaking career.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Especially when those who are mocking playoff performances are fans of teams that weren't even in the playoffs.

No.

Tampa is fully worthy of getting mocked for last year's playoffs. It might be the biggest collapse in team sports history based on how big a favorite they were and how badly they lost. It was really, really bad.

I'm just saying - one bad playoff doesn't make a player a bad playoff performer, so it's not fair to say Point is a bad playoff performer.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Perhaps, at this time, we should take a look at who has the Cap Room for the contract Point will be looking for. We can make all the proposed transactions we want, unless our team has the Cap Room it is only proposed transactions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad