Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
0FEAA011-D89F-4384-96CB-DF0579326DF0.png

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
lol it's not that bad Todd. We're gonna get a deal done and we're not gonna need like $13 million in LTIR to do it. We only have reason to think positively and optimistically. It's just a matter of being patient enough to endure the process. We got this.
SO next year we need to sign Callahan to a one year deal for 10 million then put him on ltir and then we can spend 10 million over the salary cap and keep all our guys! Lol

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
lol it's not that bad Todd. We're gonna get a deal done and we're not gonna need like $13 million in LTIR to do it. We only have reason to think positively and optimistically. It's just a matter of being patient enough to endure the process. We got this.
No I was not jumping I was just saying incoming bridge deal when ever we sign him before December 1st

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I once saw an interesting study out of the University of Toronto that the geothermal taxes that occur in the Earth's crust within the Gulf of Mexico form several natural bridge formations at roughly half the magma of those found in Canada. There's speculation that the warmer weather more easily facilitates the monetary convection.

It's fascinating really

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
How? He's a RFA not a UFA. Are we just paying him based off of last year and not his entire body of work? His first two seasons were good but nothing that says 5.7 is an insult. He would've jumped at that if we offered it to him after 17/18. His entire body of work has him at a 71 point player who is an RFA, how is 5.7 an insult to that? Do you not think he had a massive increase in points because he played with the Hart winner who put up points that we haven't seen in years? He was on the PP with said Hart winner, a former Norris winner and a former Rocket Richard winner, do you think he scores like he did if he wasn't? I like Point and think he's an important part of this team but he's not top 3 money earner part yet.

Yes you base it off his last season of work. It was incredible.

Marner got 11 mil for 6 years and prob would have gotten 12 mil for 8

5.6 is an insult. The game has changed. It’s a different era. Like it or not

Reactions: Lurch

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I wouldn't call it an insult but it was lower than I thought he'd sign for before the Marner contract was announced so definitely a low-ball.

Reactions: mjtm777

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If the 5.7 number is true then I don't see it as a low ball offer if its for a bridge.

He had a great season playing with Kuch for sure. Take the bridge deal and if he can reproduce what he did last year then when its time for his next contract give the man a blank check.

wnhAWAb.png

Reactions: Fabiobest

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yes you base it off his last season of work. It was incredible.

Marner got 11 mil for 6 years and prob would have gotten 12 mil for 8

5.6 is an insult. The game has changed. It’s a different era. Like it or not

Why even have a 3 year ELC then if all that matters is what you do the last year? Why did Kucherov get 4.7 after his ELC and not 6.6, oh because he didn't have big numbers the other two years of his ELC. He got paid for what he did those 3 years and paid the RFA tax which Point doesn't seem to want to do.

Just because Dubas is an idiot doesn't mean our GM should be too. 5.6 is not an insult it's totally in line with what someone with his numbers should get after their ELC. The game hasn't changed, just one GM has and it shouldn't affect the rest of the league which it hasn't yet. GM's just need to stick to their guns and when players start losing money they'll come back with their tails between their legs.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Why even have a 3 year ELC then if all that matters is what you do the last year? Why did Kucherov get 4.7 after his ELC and not 6.6, oh because he didn't have big numbers the other two years of his ELC. He got paid for what he did those 3 years and paid the RFA tax which Point doesn't seem to want to do.

Just because Dubas is an idiot doesn't mean our GM should be too. 5.6 is not an insult it's totally in line with what someone with his numbers should get after their ELC. The game hasn't changed, just one GM has and it shouldn't affect the rest of the league which it hasn't yet. GM's just need to stick to their guns and when players start losing money they'll come back with their tails between their legs.
Any GM who tries to follow what Dubas has done is headed for disaster. I feel somewhat bad for Babcock who said how envious he was of us last spring and complimented our ability to get players to "buy into whatever their salary structure is," and then have to watch his GM again sign another heavy heavy cap hit.

Dubas and JBB - It's a tale of 2 GMs, and it's pretty clear which one knows what he's doing. One has the 3 higher cap hits and the other has the Hart trophy, Norris trophy, and Vezina trophy winners.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

When was the last time a guy with 90 points, under any circumstance, signed a deal that low, percentage-wise?

This wasn't a slap in the face, but only because it wasn't a real offer.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
When was the last time a guy with 90 points, under any circumstance, signed a deal that low, percentage-wise?

This wasn't a slap in the face, but only because it wasn't a real offer.
Marty St. Louis - $5.625 M / 4 year contract after the 2010-11 season with 99pts

47th highest cap hit in 2012

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Marty St. Louis - $5.625 M / 4 year contract after the 2010-11 season with 99pts

47th highest cap hit in 2012

What was the cap that year? 64 million? I said "percentage-wise," meaning the percent of the cap.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, $64.3 million.

We offered Point roughly 7% of the current cap. I think it was smart for JBB to make the offer mind you, and smart to just leave it there, but I don't think anybody realistically expects Point to be the first 90 point scorer to sign for such a small percentage. Unless I'm forgetting somebody.

And I mean, we can point to his winger all day, but the reality is pretty much everybody who EVER has a big season does it because of good chemistry. And Kucherov jumped 28 points over his career high playing with Point, so it's not like it wasn't a two-way street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad