Proposal: Brayden Point for Kakko

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Wanted to revisit this one for one deal.

I can recall last summer a certain fan group among a few others strongly against a Kakko for Point straight up hockey trade.

It was a magic beans trade for a proven 90 point NHL center with tons of speed and skill who was 23-24 years old at the time.

If the deal is on the table now, considering all aspects like contracts, ages, point productions etc what does the HF world think one year later? Curious if anything moved the needle? I'm writing a thesis for my Ice hockey English literature combo class. Thanks!
Kakko and what? You think you're getting an established 1C for a guy just drafted struggling in his first year?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Just f'in silly thread,
not about hockey,
just a thread for cocky chest thumping
Kakko not in play,
neither is Point,
and neither team would consider adding

Reactions: bernmeister

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
No on every level from the Rangers. Let Tampa try to win now. Lafrenierre and Kakko will be cornerstone pieces for a decade for the Rangers.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Neither is close

Cirelli is not close totality of circumstances. He could blossom further, but Kakko was a friggin teenager with no seasoning made jump to pros. Cirelli could be an improved stellar version of his already solid, excellent self. KK has potential to be that, + huge beast factor.
no.

Point is more talent and closer, but it is not a match.
Rangers are keeping their younger bluest chips.
TB can enjoy its fine roster, which will be difficult to continue to afford going forward.

Reactions: Ciao

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
As a Sabres fan I always thought if Eichel wants out then a trade w/ Point could be possible..
I don't think Kakko gets you close..

Reactions: Flyer lurker

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
As a Sabres fan I always thought if Eichel wants out then a trade w/ Point could be possible..
I don't think Kakko gets you close..
It would have to be Kakko and one hell of an add. 24 year old signed 3 years under 7 million and seems to be a lock for 60+ points a year. Make no mistake who is paying here.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
no. not doing it 1:1 let alone add

room for Point to excel even further but huge potential upside for Kakko.
consider cap, exp dr exempt etc answer is no.

No

would consider something around Deangelo for Cirelli
Not KK

you wouldnt do kaako for a young c that has hit 40g/90pts?

awful. point >>>>>kaako. Kaaako may or may not one day be as good as point

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
you wouldnt do kaako for a young c that has hit 40g/90pts?

awful. point >>>>>kaako. Kaaako may or may not one day be as good as point

You ignored what I said about exp drft, cap, totality of circumstances, etc.

Kakko may be worse/as good/better.

But it is different needs.

Point is basically a sniper, that's it.
Could always use another, but we have Panarin now reinforced by LaF.

But Kakko could be the beast factor NY needs which is not seen other than Kreider.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

But Kakko could be the beast factor NY needs which is not seen other than Kreider.
Delete

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

If you think Point is only a sniper, you either never watch him play or have your head buried in the ground hot boxing the shit out of it. Maybe you're taking it personally that no one besides you thinks Kakko is worth more one to one today than Point.

Here's a hint, the player you describe as only a sniper, finished top 10 in Selke votes last season.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If you think Point is only a sniper, you either never watch him play or have your head buried in the ground hot boxing the shit out of it. Maybe you're taking it personally that no one besides you thinks Kakko is worth more one to one today than Point.

Here's a hint, the player you describe as only a sniper, finished top 10 in Selke votes last season.
If you are watching the playoffs with Mackinnon being the only exception being better (and since dallas just tied it 3-3 ruh roh) you have to say Point is the leader today for MVP of the playoffs. All that and at a good salary price too. That means he won't get traded for excellent maybes but still maybes.

Reactions: DFC

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Kakko's stock has likely fallen since last year, and even then, it wasn't even within sniffing distance.
lol, no way. Point's stock went up.
Kakko is 19 years old and he was right up there with Hughes and Dach in points for 2019 draft class members. Most goals for the 2019 class so far.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
McDavid
MacK
Draisaitl
Eichel

Only four I can think where TB doesn't immediately hang up
I'd conditionally add Makar, Heiskanen, and Quinn Hughes to that list because of their position and contract status (that list being "Not immediately hang up for").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad