Proposal: Brayden Point for Kakko

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Wanted to revisit this one for one deal.

I can recall last summer a certain fan group among a few others strongly against a Kakko for Point straight up hockey trade.

It was a magic beans trade for a proven 90 point NHL center with tons of speed and skill who was 23-24 years old at the time.

If the deal is on the table now, considering all aspects like contracts, ages, point productions etc what does the HF world think one year later? Curious if anything moved the needle? I'm writing a thesis for my Ice hockey English literature combo class. Thanks!

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I think even if you added Lafreniere to Kakko it makes little sense for Tampa to trade their young franchise 1C for futures. Even futures as safe and NHL-ready as those two. Tampa is set up nicely for a long run as a contender. This really does nothing for them outside of creating a huge hole at the top of their lineup.

Reactions: Morrison

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Point is great in easy to play games, and he’s even better in the hard to play (playoff) games. Plus, he’s on an amazing cap cost! Kakko has no where close to Point’s value.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Thanks for the feedback. Kind of baffled me last year that it was unheard from some here to even think about dangling Kakko for Point on a one for one trade.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Reactions: Ciao
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad