Rumor: Brassard a healthy scratch; expected to be traded by deadline

Ibanezrokr

Mar 22, 2018
I've been wondering since he got moved to FLA if this was a multi-piece deal in the making. We heard quite a bit last year about Cheveldayhoff wanting Brassard. Also, we heard some rumblings about Trouba wanting to go to the Florida area. I'm not suggesting a one for one, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were pieces involved in a deal.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Hoffman and Brassard don't rate anything close to Pesce or Slavin

Faulk + 2nd is a lot closer

I’d say with Hoffman and Brassard one more piece is necessary, a prospect from Charlotte most likely.

Pesce only happens if Hubderdeau is on the table. Slavin is probably #2 on Carolina’s untouchable list.

All that said I’d be happy to see Carolina pay a 2nd for Brassard. Brassard and Jordan Staal gives the canes a much stronger top 9

Last edited:

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Brassard's whole issue in Pitt was wanting a bigger role than 3C and struggling in a 3rd line role. He's a good player but I just don't see him being eager to take on a 4th line role, even if it meant a playoff run.
He is under contract and playing for another contract. He doesn't have much of a choice if he wants to continue playing in the NHL. It's not like he is a UFA with a choice as to whether he wants to go to SJ or not. If he intentionally plays like crap as a 4C with good linemates (relative to other team's 4th lines) out of spite he is only doing himself a disservice when he goes to sign his next contract on July 1st.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Okay, if that's what you think happened here carry on believing what you'd like. As for me? I'd say you "can't handle" having a civilized conversation but what do I know? I'm just a guy innocuously posting on a thread about the Panthers and getting berated by their fan. I addressed every "point" you brought up in my second post and I'm not going to do it again.

Lol. Thanks for cheering us on in some realms, perhaps I jumped the gun, but seeing the other posts about us being dumb throughout the boards, not hard to blame me.

Regardless, it’s smart to move Brassard.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I’d say with Hoffman and Brassard one more piece is necessary, a prospect from Charlotte most likely.

Pesce only happens if Hubderdau is on the table. Slavin is probably #2 on Carolina’s untouchable list.

All that said I’d be happy to see Carolina pay a 2nd for Brassard. Brassard and Jordan Staal gives the canes a much stronger top 9

Yeah I roughly assumed Brassard as a 2nd and Faulk for Hoffman. Both of those valuations are on the low end.

Faulk + 2nd + any prospect not named Necas/Bean/Fox is a better offer

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Brassard is a 2 C and a proven play-off performer on an expiring contract. Expect Tallon is asking for a 1st or a 2nd plus in hope some GM bites. With more than 48 hours to go before the TDL, there is no need to rush. Expect Tallon wants a kings ransom for Hoffman and/or a Hoffman/Brassard package. There are also a number of other vets on expiring contracts as well. Should be interesting.

Reactions: Pragmatic Panther

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Lol. Thanks for cheering us on in some realms, perhaps I jumped the gun, but seeing the other posts about us being dumb throughout the boards, not hard to blame me.

Regardless, it’s smart to move Brassard.

Yeah it probably is, I'm sure they had discussions with him and don't have interest retaining him for whatever reason. I'm simply addressing the well known: cap out for planned UFA signings rumor, which I don't have a problem with per se I'm just saying it has its risks. And although Brassard out doesn't fit the by the book definition of "cap out" as a UFA, as you mentioned, its not a massive stretch to associate the decision not to retain his services with this plan.

But again, who knows, Brassard might just not be a good fit/not want to stay/etc. who knows what happens behind closed doors and I'm far from a Panthers expert, which you might've got when I said "I like the Panthers, I know who Barkov is!" earlier.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Brassard is a 2 C and a proven play-off performer on an expiring contract. Expect Tallon is asking for a 1st or a 2nd plus in hope some GM bites. With more than 48 hours to go before the TDL, there is no need to rush. Expect Tallon wants a kings ransom for Hoffman and/or a Hoffman/Brassard package. There are also a number of other vets on expiring contracts as well. Should be interesting.

Yeah that’s not happening.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Something like Pesce/Slavin + 1st.

7rwSpeH.gif

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

I could see a 2nd but no one is giving a 1st for Brassard, his time in Pittsburgh lowered his value.

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Yeah that’s not happening.

Trader Dale has a lot of pieces on expiring contracts with which to work in addition to Brassard. He has Brouwer, McGinn and Sheahan at forward. He has Kisalevich at LD/RD. Then there is Hoffman as mentioned previously and likely Pysyk as well. Tallon also has demonstrated that he knows how to work the TDL as both a seller and a buyer. Yesterday, a solid source reported that the Panther lines "were burning."

Right now, with Duchene off the market, Hayes is likely the best available C with Brassard next in line as a proven play off performer. It is anybody's guess how the market will break from here.

Reactions: Pragmatic Panther

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I'd be shocked if they get anything more than a 2nd round pick for him. My guess is a 3rd and maybe a prospect.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I weirdly think the blues might be involved in talks for brassard...... Can't say I love the idea....but i don't.........hate it.....lol

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Trader Dale has a lot of pieces on expiring contracts with which to work in addition to Brassard. He has Brouwer, McGinn and Sheahan at forward. He has Kisalevich at LD/RD. Then there is Hoffman as mentioned previously and likely Pysyk as well. Tallon also has demonstrated that he knows how to work the TDL as both a seller and a buyer. Yesterday, a solid source reported that the Panther lines "were burning."

Right now, with Duchene off the market, Hayes is likely the best available C with Brassard next in line as a proven play off performer. It is anybody's guess how the market will break from here.

That rumor/tweet about the lines burning up was from eight years ago.

Reactions: Little Bobby Boo

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Is Sheahan available?

If Kadri's out long term, I wouldn't hate the Leafs getting him for a pick.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
He is under contract and playing for another contract. He doesn't have much of a choice if he wants to continue playing in the NHL. It's not like he is a UFA with a choice as to whether he wants to go to SJ or not. If he intentionally plays like crap as a 4C with good linemates (relative to other team's 4th lines) out of spite he is only doing himself a disservice when he goes to sign his next contract on July 1st.

Fair points, but guys generally don't play nearly as well when they are unhappy with their role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad