Rumor: Brassard a healthy scratch; expected to be traded by deadline

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I’d say with Hoffman and Brassard one more piece is necessary, a prospect from Charlotte most likely.

Pesce only happens if Hubderdeau is on the table. Slavin is probably #2 on Carolina’s untouchable list.

All that said I’d be happy to see Carolina pay a 2nd for Brassard. Brassard and Jordan Staal gives the canes a much stronger top 9
Hoffman + Pysyk for Faulk i wouldnt mind (IF they end up signing Panarin in UFA, otherwise id retain Hoffman, would suck to trade him and not wind up with panarin)

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I’d rather keep I think he’s with more than the second round pick we’d get for him. For the life of me I don’t get why he hasn’t played center? We can give him some nice wingers and spread the depth

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Hoffman + Pysyk for Faulk i wouldnt mind (IF they end up signing Panarin in UFA, otherwise id retain Hoffman, would suck to trade him and not wind up with panarin)

I can't see Carolina taking a cap dump at defense.

The main reason Faulk is available and not a priority to re-sign in the off-season is the glut the Canes have down the right side on D:
Pesce, Hamilton, Faulk, TVR, McKeown(AHL), Fox(NCAA), Martin(NCAA)

The left is pretty deep as well, but not as deep as the right side right now.

I think you're right that returning to Hoffman-Faulk+ in the off-season makes more sense. I'd still like to get Brassard for the deadline.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I can't see Carolina taking a cap dump at defense.

The main reason Faulk is available and not a priority to re-sign in the off-season is the glut the Canes have down the right side on D:
Pesce, Hamilton, Faulk, TVR, McKeown(AHL), Fox(NCAA), Martin(NCAA)

The left is pretty deep as well, but not as deep as the right side right now.

I think you're right that returning to Hoffman-Faulk+ in the off-season makes more sense. I'd still like to get Brassard for the deadline.
Hoffman + Brassard for Faulk + 2nd I could live with. But that’s if the get panarin, I love hoff here

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Can't believe I wasted my time explaining myself to you, between you ignoring every word of my post and your general demeanour. I appreciate that you appreciated the "relax" comment but I would prefer you heeded it. On a whim I mused about the Panthers situation for half a second and somehow this caused you to snap.

Coz your "musing" was dumb.

Reactions: Laus723
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Florida wants to trade him already?
That was there plan from the get go
Florida, what you doing
Preparing to make the trade everyone expected them to make
Best UFA class... you mean Drury, Redden and Gomez?
He means Panarin, Stone, Duchesne, Karlsson, Pavelski, Skinner...

Jets were highly interested in Brassard at last years deadline, liking virtually everything about him. Surprised he had the seasons he's had.

I still think he'll return the Panthers something much better than the 3rd rounder being bandied about here.

How's he looked so far in in Florida? Someone else asked but I didn't see a response.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I have no idea what Dave Tallon is trying to do at this point

Turning Bjugstad and McCann into a 2nd, 2 4ths, 2 more mid-round picks and extra cap space for a big name free agent in the summer.

Why is this difficult to understand. Tallon's made some mistakes but retooling a non-playoff team that needs a retool should make perfect sense.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

ThePlanet

Aug 13, 2008
San Jose
Davvvvvve Tallon

152d7f2dfe5f971c40d5b33da3a8422c06ea21cf.jpg

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Guess it goes to prove Florida fans are stupid, because multiple people have said the same thing on our board. Holy crap all he said is if Brassard and Hoffman go and we don’t get bread and Bob it will be bad. Does anybody disagree with this?

And multiple have said it’s NOT stupid to trade a UFA. Yes, it’s dumb to move Hoffman if not for some u real deal, but Brassard? Ok, let’s just lose him for nothing. Maybe we can re-sign him, maybe we can flip him and go after him in the summer. Would be smart atm and has literally nothing to do with Hoffman.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Does Brassard still have it/has he rediscovered "it" since he got to Florida? I know Pitt was a bad fit for him, but still his output has been pretty bad by his standards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad