Rumor: Brassard a healthy scratch; expected to be traded by deadline

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Is Brassard slang for "future considerations"? DW was supposedly in on Brassard prior to the trade to FLA so wonder if he circles back on him now. He would have to play 4C so any additional assets may be a steep price to pay for a 4C with cheaper options available.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'm pretty sure that was the plan from the get go.

Get another 2nd and a prospect for him. Have a bunch of cap space for potentially the best ufa class ever ?
I don't think he is worth that much

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Relax dude. I'm rooting for them to make the big Ufa splash anyhow, I like the team, I like barkov, I really don't give a **** about "pouncing on" them(pun intended?). Yeah Hoffman is still there see where I said "IF"???! UFA or not both would be cap clearing moves assuming they would've tried to sign Brassard otherwise, which granted might not have been the case, I guess I don't have all the facts just like anyone else. But seriously, deep breaths budy, weird team to have a persecution complex for.

No persecution complex, buddy, we’ve been crapped on for years. Appreciate the “relax” comment, though. Truth is, Panthers dumped on almost no matter what these days.

You said it could get ugly quick if we move a potential UFA. Makes no sense. You also brought up Hoffman, who hasn’t been moved. One, certainly does make sense to move, the other it would make sense if we get a great package back...regardless of Panarin and Bob.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Was surprised at how pedestrian his point totals have been this year. But he plays center so that helps

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
Is Brassard slang for "future considerations"? DW was supposedly in on Brassard prior to the trade to FLA so wonder if he circles back on him now. He would have to play 4C so any additional assets may be a steep price to pay for a 4C with cheaper options available.

Brassard's whole issue in Pitt was wanting a bigger role than 3C and struggling in a 3rd line role. He's a good player but I just don't see him being eager to take on a 4th line role, even if it meant a playoff run.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
No persecution complex, buddy, we’ve been crapped on for years. Appreciate the “relax” comment, though. Truth is, Panthers dumped on almost no matter what these days.

You said it could get ugly quick if we move a potential UFA. Makes no sense. You also brought up Hoffman, who hasn’t been moved. One, certainly does make sense to move, the other it would make sense if we get a great package back...regardless of Panarin and Bob.

Can't believe I wasted my time explaining myself to you, between you ignoring every word of my post and your general demeanour. I appreciate that you appreciated the "relax" comment but I would prefer you heeded it. On a whim I mused about the Panthers situation for half a second and somehow this caused you to snap.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Can't believe I wasted my time explaining myself to you, between you ignoring every word of my post and your general demeanour. I appreciate that you appreciated the "relax" comment but I would prefer you heeded it. On a whim I mused about the Panthers situation for half a second and somehow this caused you to snap.

No ones snapping, you just can’t handle being corrected.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
What would Panthers fans think the ask would be for Bassard? What about a package of Bassard and Hoffman to the Canes, what would be the ask?

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
No ones snapping, you just can’t handle being corrected.

Okay, if that's what you think happened here carry on believing what you'd like. As for me? I'd say you "can't handle" having a civilized conversation but what do I know? I'm just a guy innocuously posting on a thread about the Panthers and getting berated by their fan. I addressed every "point" you brought up in my second post and I'm not going to do it again.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hoffman and Brassard don't rate anything close to Pesce or Slavin

Faulk + 2nd is a lot closer

Probably true.

But trading Hoffman now also doesnt make sense. It doesnt make sense to move him until Panarin's name is on that dotted line.

Other than that being true, Florida doesnt (shouldnt) move Hoffman for anything less than an overpayment as he is still under contract.

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad