Brantford Bulldogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
The turnovers haven't been corrected all series. Same breakout pass into the forwards skates. Same turnover, easy goal.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Drobac was one of the main reasons that they finished as high as they did, but he just hasn't been good enough this series.

They may have overplayed him.

Reactions: Roadhog

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Great series folks. I still have Jay McKee as Coach of the Year. He has done a great job. Great moves at the deadline as well. I really look forward to watching the Bulldogs next year. Definitely will be in the mix at the top of the Conference, likely with Brampton.

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
Good series Brantford. Thought at times you were the better team and a solid first round opponent for thr 67's. A few breaks here and there and we're looking at a different outcome possibly and heads high for next season...

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Good series Brantford. Thought at times you were the better team and a solid first round opponent for thr 67's. A few breaks here and there and we're looking at a different outcome possibly and heads high for next season...

A few breaks and it could have been different, but I thought that Ottawa was slightly better in all aspects of the game.

Best of luck to them.

Babs716

Sep 22, 2023
Drobac was one of the main reasons that they finished as high as they did, but he just hasn't been good enough this series.

They may have overplayed him.
The guys have been hanging on by their teeth since Hamara and Oki went out in Feb. I think by the time playoffs rolled around they were gassed. Hell of a season. I don’t think many people anticipated they’d be battling to win the conference this year. Congrats to our OAs on having very successful OHL careers. We’ve got a great front office leading the charge and I’m looking forward to seeing what they do this off season.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The guys have been hanging on by their teeth since Hamara and Oki went out in Feb. I think by the time playoffs rolled around they were gassed. Hell of a season. I don’t think many people anticipated they’d be battling to win the conference this year. Congrats to our OAs on having very successful OHL careers. We’ve got a great front office leading the charge and I’m looking forward to seeing what they do this off season.

I honestly think that is what it was more than anything else. I anticipated them to start to falter well before the playoffs but they hung in there really well. Sweat and blood. Period.

To me, that is a tremendously positive sign. This team endured a crazy level of adversity with key injuries AFTER making seller moves at the deadline. It is a testament to how well they hung in there.

Do they tracke minutes played in the OHL?

I would be curious to see how many Sobolev played. What an absolute beast of a performance from him.
If Ottawa were unable to get an OA D-Man like Punnett or Mayer, Sobolev was the guy I wanted. Ottawa had the open Import slot with Uronen out for the season.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
When the Rangers traded Hamara to the Bull Dogs they started to falter. The Bulldogs Dogs seem to get better with him in their line up. I think he was missed in this series. Not sure it would have been enough to counter the fast constant forecheck of the 67s but it could have made some difference.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
When the Rangers traded Hamara to the Bull Dogs they started to falter. The Bulldogs Dogs seem to get better with him in their line up. I think he was missed in this series. Not sure it would have been enough to counter the fast constant forecheck of the 67s but it could have made some difference.

They were definitely a different team with Hamara in their lineup. They have better players, but I'm not sure if they had more important players.

The team caught fire almost the day that they added him.

Reactions: dirty12

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Do they tracke minutes played in the OHL?

I would be curious to see how many Sobolev played. What an absolute beast of a performance from him.
I have been thinking in recent weeks that he deserved a pro contract. With the way he plays, I can see him having a solid pro career. We only had him for a few months but his presence will be missed.

Reactions: dirty12

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I have been thinking in recent weeks that he deserved a pro contract. With the way he plays, I can see him having a solid pro career. We only had him for a few months but his presence will be missed.

The only potential issue with Sobolev is he is a bulldog “literally” at this level with less mature bodies. At the Pro level, his size wouldn’t stand out quite as much.

I’d be curious to see how his career tracks though.

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
No real rush right at the moment one would think.
Exactly. Keep that little rink going as long as possible. There is even a waiting list for ST so they've got a good thing going there. Demand creates excitement and we saw that clearly. Andlauer is busy with the Sens but wants to keep the Dogs in Brantford which is good...

EDIT: Damn did it again lol

Last edited:
Reactions: bobber

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad