Brandon Wheatkings 23/24

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Having a hard time trying to figure out the SC trade for Geekie. Seems like they gave up a lot for a rental. Not sure they have enough to compete with MJ or Saskatoon . Must think they can recoup some lost assets next year.

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
So if the rumour of Brandon unloading Danielson is true. Then where do they go from here? Better question when will it quit being building for the future and making a splash. This team is good enough to push any of these East Division Teams. Yet we're still building for the future. Moose Jaw made a splash the year they got Clague. Yet here we are still selling and there loading up again. Now I realize the scouting staff did a brutal job for 4 years in the draft hence why there still weak in areas. I think Moulton is doing a far better job of that end, I just don't get how they waste assets year in and year out. Scared to make a splash.
This is not a sarcastic question, where is this "Rumour" being heard outside of this forum? Do people think it's a good option? I say yes as thats how I personally feel. But I have't heard or read it elsewhere. Why take a chance on getting nothing as he turns pro next year when the chances of getting out of the second round, if we get past the first, is minimal.

Having a hard time trying to figure out the SC trade for Geekie. Seems like they gave up a lot for a rental. Not sure they have enough to compete with MJ or Saskatoon . Must think they can recoup some lost assets next year.
Maybe they are not done? Danielson? That would be good for SC, but they don't have much remaining for a roster player (D - hopefully).

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Unless the WK get a proposal that is too good to be true or definitively fills a glaring need going forward trading Danielson that not make much sense as the WK could be a tough out if they make the playoffs.

Kirmel

Sep 6, 2023
This is not a sarcastic question, where is this "Rumour" being heard outside of this forum? Do people think it's a good option? I say yes as thats how I personally feel. But I have't heard or read it elsewhere. Why take a chance on getting nothing as he turns pro next year when the chances of getting out of the second round, if we get past the first, is minimal.

Maybe they are not done? Danielson? That would be good for SC, but they don't have much remaining for a roster player (D - hopefully).
Jon Keen has brought it up and Jeff Merek. Thats why i said rumor. They said they are listening to offers nothing done. At this point i hope they can move him for a 17- or 18-year-old forward or dman and use some picks to find the other piece. If you're going to build around Jacobson don't hold back jump right in. I would have liked to see them go for it as it sucks to be in the middle all the time. But the fact they have been quiet i think we know what that means.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Building around Jacobson is almost certainly the master plan and that is fine. I think the WK will be good next year and even better 2 years from now. If you are going to trade Danielson then do so with the next 3 years in mind. If the brain trust thinks the team can make the playoffs without Danielson then trading him for a number of pieces would make perfect sense. Guess we will see what offers are out there for Danielson If any.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Wow! Shut out 2 games in a row. Who would have thought it possible? Next couple of games against Vic and SC will also be tough sledding. WK lost a lot of ground by losing 2 in a row. Wonder if brain trust is listening to trade offers for some players or not. I would not really be surprised if the team stood pat because they are not getting by MJ or Saskatoon with their present lineup. Some minor tweaking may get them into the playoffs which would be good.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Wow! Shut out 2 games in a row. Who would have thought it possible? Next couple of games against Vic and SC will also be tough sledding. WK lost a lot of ground by losing 2 in a row. Wonder if brain trust is listening to trade offers for some players or not. I would not really be surprised if the team stood pat because they are not getting by MJ or Saskatoon with their present lineup. Some minor tweaking may get them into the playoffs which would be good.

I don't think there's much point in squandering any draft capital on a short-term upgrade this season when they probably aren't making it past the first round anyway. As discussed here the Wheaties are probably poised to make a serious push in a few years. They need to hold on to picks to build up that prospect pool.

Brandon could do what SC is doing but that's driven more by short term business interests (desperation really) and not a smart long term play.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Tyson Zimmer traded from Lethbridge to Vancouver for 2nd and 3rd round picks. Really don’t get this as he is 19 with underwhelming stats. Also Langkow and an unsigned prospect going to Lethbridge In this trade. Not sure what Vancouver is doing here. Seems like a rather strange move??

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Might find out status of Danielson tonight depending on whether he is playing or not. If he is being traded then likely a healthy scratch to avoid injury. Otherwise he’s here for the duration. My guess is no trades for WK as Leth,SC,MJ, and Saskatoon all made moves to improve so not sure we can make enough moves to keep up. My guess.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Might find out status of Danielson tonight depending on whether he is playing or not. If he is being traded then likely a healthy scratch to avoid injury. Otherwise he’s here for the duration. My guess is no trades for WK as Leth,SC,MJ, and Saskatoon all made moves to improve so not sure we can make enough moves to keep up. My guess.
Danielson is in the lineup tonight. Not going anywhere. Can live with that .WK need to make the playoffs. Better chance with him in the lineup.

Kirmel

Sep 6, 2023
Terrible waste of a asset if your not going to add. They proved they can win with out him. If your not going in then build for the next two years. Stuck in that middle ground I'm afraid

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Terrible waste of a asset if your not going to add. They proved they can win with out him. If your not going in then build for the next two years. Stuck in that middle ground I'm afraid
I agree. Brandon isn't winning a championship this season, it's pointless holding onto Danielson who would get you some legitimate assets in return.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Watching the WK-Victoria game tonight. 2-1 Victoria after 2 periods. WK have continued their poor play so far after the new year. Do not resemble the team I watched before New Years. Very tenative in their play. Defence poor tonight giving the puck away. Danielson a non factor. Has not been as dominant as I thought unless he is playing hurt. Probably should be traded tomorrow. WK could still come back in this game but 1 goal in 8 periods.C’mon guys let’s get going.

WK win 3-2 in OT. Fortunate to win. Scored with a minute or so left with goalie out.
Hard to believe the WK are 6 games over 500 with very poorly ranked special teams.

Last edited:

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
I agree. Brandon isn't winning a championship this season, it's pointless holding onto Danielson who would get you some legitimate assets in return.
Completely agree here. He's been a great Wheat King but a move would be beneficial for both the player and team, in my opinion.

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
Food for thought, Danielson trade... yes. Hyland? By doing this we are folding our tent and going home. But the value we can get for him as well.
Danielson's play is so predictable. I know he wanted to score last night his last night in a BWK jersey. Thankfully he did, and a good goal at that. But he plays with the puck and doesn't pass when he probably should.. poke check. Now we are headed the other direction.
They were a good top line last night. Who will McQueen play with next year. hmm

Kirmel

Sep 6, 2023
I think Danielson needs to move on. He seems to have stall out in Brandon with his development. I think he would be a massive addition to a team like PG. If you could get good assets back for Hyland I would consider that as well. But I expect neither will happen.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Let’s find out what we can get for Danielson. The team played good without him and 1 round is all the team will get in the playoffs so let’s get some assets for him. I am still surprised that Danielson played last night if the team is considering trading him risking injury.

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
So if Danielson isn't moved, are we going to be happy with NO move whatsoever? If they figure a one round playoff is sufficient then I feel this is poor judgement on MM's side. I've seen playoffs where we play in Dauphin or three away games to get around the annual spring fair or whatever it's called.

There is still time I guess. But we haven't heard a single thing from the team, Media (Perry) or whomever.

Black Gold

Sep 22, 2023
Heard Portland and Brandon made trade . Is this Danielson ? Any details ?
Joshua Critzer tweeted that Portland acquired Danielson. Hopefully, if true, the WKS get a package in return similar to what Geekie and Savoie got for Wenatchee.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Groening to PG for a 10 th round pick in 2027. Seriously!! Would have been better to get 2 rolls of tape but this just might be a way to clear a spot on their protected list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad