Player Discussion Brandon Sutter. Defensive Center. One More Year Remaining at $4.375 AAV (w/ M-NTC).

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
The Canucks don't miss Sutter. It's a shame that he is suffering long term symptoms though. Especially considering that he is responsible and not an anti-science moron like Hamonic.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
From all reports, Sutter will begin skating and with serious workouts in March.....and since March is less that a few days away, it could be any time.

He's been all but ruled out for this season and is heading into next season as a UFA. But I could see him getting a one-year deal again somewhere, particularly if it's around the league minimum.

Sutter seems like a class act....and if he wants to continue to playing hockey, you have to be pulling for him.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Sutter era in Vancouver is officially over. For the love of god don’t re-sign him. I don’t think this management group has a love affair with him like JB did. His contracts up, he’s a UFA…. Let him retire or go elsewhere.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Sutter era in Vancouver is officially over. For the love of god don’t re-sign him. I don’t think this management group has a love affair with him like JB did. His contracts up, he’s a UFA…. Let him retire or go elsewhere.

Agree. It's more about a full-on mental shift away from the Benning era than anything else. Would rather pursue a different low-cost depth C.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
From all reports, Sutter will begin skating and with serious workouts in March.....and since March is less that a few days away, it could be any time.

He's been all but ruled out for this season and is heading into next season as a UFA. But I could see him getting a one-year deal again somewhere, particularly if it's around the league minimum.

Sutter seems like a class act....and if he wants to continue to playing hockey, you have to be pulling for him.

Hehe given his penchant for calling out other teammates' testicles I'm not sure if "class act" describes him accurately.

Class act or not, he was overpaid for his role, glad this team can finally get rid of this guy.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Hehe given his penchant for calling out other teammates' testicles I'm not sure if "class act" describes him accurately.

Class act or not, he was overpaid for his role, glad this team can finally get rid of this guy.
Turns out Goldoblin didn’t have any balls..He didn’t cut it as an NHL player..sadly.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Turns out Goldoblin didn’t have any balls..He didn’t cut it as an NHL player..sadly.

I do hope you're not suggesting that just because a player didn't make it in NHL, it is totally justified to publically call out said player's testicles.

That would be quite an appalling narrative.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I do hope you're not suggesting that just because a player didn't make it in NHL, it is totally justified to publically call out said player's testicles.

That would be appalling.
Agreed that it was an uncalled for comment..He should have used different wording for Goldys shortcomings.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

That would be quite an appalling narrative.

did not enjoy a single second of this guy here

if anyone’s testicles deserve to be called out, it’s brent sutter for creating one of the softest players on the puck i’ve ever seen

but obviously i hope his health is ok moving forward

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Agreed that it was an uncalled for comment..He should have used different wording for Goldys shortcomings.

Calling Goldobin out for having no balls in itself is pretty juvenile, especially consider Sutter himself is not exactly earning any brownie points from fans or coaches with his underwhelming performance, while riding that undeserving contract like he earned it. If Sutter had any sense of shame or self awareness, he should knew better than to make such an absurd remark about a teammate that spilled out to the fans.

Overpaid, under-performed, shitty teammate. Yeah, he can piss the f*** off.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015

if anyone’s testicles deserve to be called out, it’s brent sutter for creating one of the softest players on the puck i’ve ever seen

this.

brandon sutter is a mirage of an NHL player. to be effective defensively, he has to stifle his line-mates offensively. yet, because he has speed and a decent wrister, gets a break away here and there, it tricks you.

he's awful.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
this.

brandon sutter is a mirage of an NHL player. to be effective defensively, he has to stifle his line-mates offensively. yet, because he has speed and a decent wrister, gets a break away here and there, it tricks you.

he's awful.
Nah,..he scored 9 goals in 43 games in the 2021 season. (thats on par for almost 20 in a normal season) .Good on face-offs , and a good PK'er..I'm sure he would have made a considerable difference to our league worst PK this last season.

Tthere's no doubt in my mind, that Boudreau would have leaned heavily on Sutter had he been available.

• Haha
Reactions: geebaan

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Never want this turd anywhere near the team again. Basically the epitome of everything that went wrong in the Benning era.

Reactions: M2Beezy

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

I dunno. Think you're being a bit harsh here. He (imho) had a couple solid seasons as a defensive forward. On what we gave up to get him here in the first place is a different issue.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
As Ive mentioned all season long, Jason Dickinson gets shit on hard by this fan base. He was EASILY one of our top 15 best forwards ffs :shakehead

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Could he replace Dickenson? Sutter makes1.5 million less than him.
Possibly, but we'd still have to deal with being stuck with the stupid contract that Benning gave him that I doubt people would take off of our hands without us paying them to / retaining salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00