Brandon Prust's post game comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
im gonna wait till more comes out before i pass judgement.
I've met prust he is a great dude off the ice.
He plays tough and obviously let emotion get th ebetter of him today.
Hopefully he wouldnt lie about something like this.

time will tell though

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
He was undisciplined on the ice and his post-game comments makes him look like a baby. Not going to help Montreal going forward.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I don't even remember him whining this much when he was on the Rangers. He just got his s*** done and stuck up for teammates. He takes cheapshots, whines, and is way too involved in sideshows.

He's the new Avery, except less talented.

Well... he's now on the "other" side of career. Prust is actually surprisingly intelligent on the ice, but the skills he had -- not that he had THAT much, mind you -- are starting to fade away.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Exactly. The user I quoted accused Prust of lying. Thus, he has to prove it.

3c4b6f4dc4f3dbc2ba6d56ee60227076fcc92c28e1eb09c5a158823aa6f096d3.jpg

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
I'm not the one making the claims. Burden of proof is on Prust. And he's just not going to have anything credible.

Even in a legal setting Prust's statement would be sufficient to establish his burden of proof. Apparently, HFBoards has a standard where things do not occur until they're proven by a reasonable-doubt standard.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
Prust has the maturity level of a 10 year old and the mental capacity of a toddler.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Prust put this on himself. Tried to goat Coburn into a penalty in the 1st period. level heads prevailed, Tampa kept calm while MTL wasn't discipline enough and kept getting dumb penalties and it cost the team. Prust did not have to go after the goalie, start the fight, throw stuff at the bench and then whine about it after the game.

Play the game safe, don't go after players, take less penalties.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
do you have the audio tape of the exchange between prust and the Ref?
how can you be so sure?

His character clearly isn't much to depend on based on the hissyfit after HE started everything with end of game blatant runs at TB players and cross checking the goalie -- he KNEW what he was doing and when he got thrown out he threw equipment at the TB bench (showing further lack of judgement) -- then in the postgame he tries to deflect attention away from himself.

Pretty obvious officials can give **** right back to players, and at times like these it's warranted. It's extremely rare for me to side with a ref but it's all to easy here.

Not to mention, the ref probably used those phrases shaped more like "you're done tonight because you are being a __________, __________, __________". And Prust threw a tantrum.

Perfect!

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Even in a legal setting Prust's statement would be sufficient to establish his burden of proof. Apparently, HFBoards has a standard where things do not occur until they're proven by a reasonable-doubt standard.

I'm not big on law, but that doesn't seem right to me.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Yep, it's like that.

Party A says : He didn't do it.
Party B says : Prove it.

Of course, Prust is the one that must prove what he alleges. Before the league... or something.

But back on HF world... I was replying to a user. Not to Brad Watson (or Brandon Prust).

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
refs were so bad tonight... Watson following prust to the penalty box...PK penalty wa a doubtfull too... in a regular season maybe.... the way the games are officiated in the playoffs so far, i dont think so.

kneeing/obstruction and embellishment on emelin/kucherov? let the boys play.... it the way the games are called elsewhere...

I have no problem with Prust reporting what happened if it's true... refs have to be held responsible for their words/calls...

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Prust is a piece of **** hockey player.
He's about the same as a human being.
And as much as an idiot he is... and you don't say this... but he's right about Chris Lee.

This is not the first or last time we will hear that Chris Lee tries to make every game he refs about him.

It wasn't Lee, he is accusing Watson

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Pretty obvious officials can give **** right back to players, and at times like these it's warranted. It's extremely rare for me to side with a ref but it's all to easy here.

Not to mention, the ref probably used those phrases shaped more like "you're done tonight because you are being a __________, __________, __________". And Prust threw a tantrum.

This.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
I'm not big on law, but that doesn't seem right to me.

Believe that part or not, the key here is that you said it didn't happen. Burdens of proof have nothing to do with that. Just because Prust couldn't prove it doesn't mean it didn't happen. So he was right to ask you for proof of your definitive statement.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don't even remember him whining this much when he was on the Rangers. He just got his s*** done and stuck up for teammates. He takes cheapshots, whines, and is way too involved in sideshows.

He's the new Avery, except less talented, and his cheapshots actually injure.

New organization. This kind of act really typifies the Habs.

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
Take it to the league if you think you have a legit grievance. All he accomplished tonight was putting an enormous target on his back and on the backs of his teammates.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
CEIDwrOUMAAOP-e.jpg:large

"You have a stain on your shirt, you should probably get that cleaned after the game"

Right?

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Man, Prust is an idiot. He's becoming a liability on the ice for the Habs.

Also, what's with him and taking runs at Bishop?

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Just out of curiousity, do any players wear mics in the playoffs or is that just a regular season thing?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean, the original penalty was pretty automatic. I don't exactly think it's in Prust's character to not say something back if the ref called him something, though.

And I didn't see the ref throwing **** at the Tampa bench or running our goalie, so I'm not exactly inclined to believe his version of events without collaboration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad