Brandon Prust's post game comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Regardless of what happened on the ice Prust made it public and his coach had to answer for it to the media. He's responsible for this sideshow that is now following this series and I'm not sure it makes the Habs a better team.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Of course the league will look into it

They won't address it further than that however

Either Prust was full of it (the most likely scenario) or Watson crossed a line but that's none of our business: what happens and is said on the ice stays there and that's how it ought to be

TheGooooch

Mar 29, 2008
San Francisco
Prust is an idiot and acted like one. Now his team will suffer because of it. An away game, after one of your players accused a ref of some bs while you were showing yourself to act like a jackass with your actions in the game as well.

He should have been suspended already, or is throwing something into the opponents bench cool now? Maybe next time Subban gets hit with a stick someone throws in the bench, i mean the precedent has been set.

Nynja*

For everyone saying "Prust is a baby, I dont trust him because he's a hab and theyre all whiners and divers"...Burrows aired his grievance towards Auger on January 11 after a game, and the NHL issued the fine about 45 hours later, before the Canucks next game against the Wild. So I'd say Prust isnt out of the water yet in regards to any fines.

However as far as anyone saying "Tampa will enjoy all the powerplay time they get now":
Next game Nucks had 4 PP's and 5 PK's (on the road against Minnesota in a loss)
Game after had 6 PP's and 3 PK's (at home, win)
Game after that had 4 PP's and 3 PK's (at home, win)
And other than their loss against the Wild right after the Nashville incident, went on a 7 game winning streak.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Oh please pot calling kettle black. Marchand and Lucic play for your team right ? :laugh:

No, that is not an example of the pot calling the kettle black.

I didn't call Prust anything, and I am not Marchand or Lucic.

I outlined a scenario involving a ref following a player to the penalty box. Ideally the ref should have let the coach have it not the player, but perhaps the officials with their years of experience know something of a player like Prust.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Montreal are the biggest whiners of any team of any time. They were a great Club once they held such great pride. I hated them they were always good they always beat the Bruins and I would sulk and say things like next year would be ours. Now I dont want to be anything like them. There pride is gone.

And on a side note If you are by the glass, you can hear everything on the ice going on. If you were by the penalty bench all of these things being said it would have been all over the world by now, with video and audio by 10 different people. I dont buy it.

who, precisely, do you think controls that audio ? you think the league is going to offer to give that up for nothing ?

prust has ALREADY said what happened and people dont beleive him, so some third party ( likely a habs fan) is somehow more credible. It's not what was said, its what you can PROVE was said and the league isnt going to provide this. they never do. and the refs will NEVER EVER speak about publically.

My understanding is that the evidence that the league collected to absolve stepahne auger was never made public, merely that the nhl looked into it, and based on evidence that they were the only ones privy to, they decied to absolve him ( then forced him into early retirement).

as for the habs lacking pride, when we were getting shellacked at home in game 2, prust was the only one who looked like he still gave a damn, while all of our other talent were perfectly happy to stay and shoot from the perimeter and do everything possible to avoid any contact.

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
why stick up for your player when not all of the facts are known? it's not like Prust is a family member. I don't get it.

This isn't an isolated incident, it's happened in the past. Gallagher said something earlier this year where the ref said it would have been a penalty if it wasnt you, and the Auger thing a few years ago. The NHL and their refs are so shady, I like when players call BS, which the double minor on Prust was....

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I love how everybody always whine's about the crappy officiating (For once HF is right.) but then Prust goes out and say it and just like that the refs are fine and he's the idiot.

Get over it, you know the officiating is terrible and that they're biased against some players, it needs to change, no matter who says it they're right. I don't like Prust myself, but damn try to be objective a bit.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
We all seem perfectly fine with the idea that refs will now put Prust on the black list and won't give him calls and Montreal's chances are hurt because of this. Which is pretty much admittal that refs are in fact not impartial and fair.

So why then is it such a stretch to think that a ref already had a hate on for Prust, slapped him with a marginal roughing penalty then went nuts in making up an extra 2 for unsportsmanlike?

I thought that's what is supposed to happen - refs play favourites, hold a grudge, see things differently for different players, throw ethics and morals out the window, etc.

But they get called on it and all of a sudden refs can do no wrong and Montreal is a bunch of whiners?

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
We all seem perfectly fine with the idea that refs will now put Prust on the black list and won't give him calls and Montreal's chances are hurt because of this. Which is pretty much admittal that refs are in fact not impartial and fair.

So why then is it such a stretch to think that a ref already had a hate on for Prust, slapped him with a marginal roughing penalty then went nuts in making up an extra 2 for unsportsmanlike?

I thought that's what is supposed to happen - refs play favourites, hold a grudge, see things differently for different players, throw ethics and morals out the window, etc.

But they get called on it and all of a sudden refs can do no wrong and Montreal is a bunch of whiners?

everyone in every sport knows that refs have bias, and are known to keep a closer eye on some players, as they tend to get out of control with their actions. Prust is one of those players, and every team has at least one, usually 2-3 players like this though.

The original call may have been weak but the refs had already made a similarly weak call against a Tampa player, showing that they would not let this game get out of control. Further the ref showed restraint (as much as Coburn) to not give an additional penalty for the punches to the face. Then some kind of exchange happened, where only one side of the story has been told.

This happens many times a year, and can happen many times a game. rarely will the refs be publicly called out, an approbate action is to go through the proper channels and find a solution. This was not done, and Prust decided the best course of action would be to tell his story to the media.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
This!! And since this is now out in the open AND both Kerry Fraser & Paul Stewart pretty much confirmed on their blogs what Prust accused Watson for, an investigation has to be done.

First of all, if you choose to believe that Prust was completely innocent and did nothing whatsoever to warrant the extra attention from Watson good for you. You'll find yourself in the minority, but good for you none the less.

Second, in what version of reality do you not have to mind your p's and q's when dealing with people in position of authority? I'd like to live there -- sounds like a wonderful place with bubble gum trees, lollipop flowers, and where no one every feels sad and doesn't have something to smile about.

A lawyer pisses off a judge with a smarts comment and then critiques him on the nightly news? Get ready to be overruled and treated unfairly next time you're in court.

You disrespect a cop then write a blog about what an idiot he was? Get ready to be pulled over for that taillight that may or may not be out.

You write in the student newspaper that a teacher doesn't like you and gave you a crap grade because of it? Get ready to have your essay super critiqued the next time around.

Is it fair? Maybe, maybe not. Is it something to whine about? Depends if you're an asshat or not. Prust is definitely an asshat.

Nynja*

everyone in every sport knows that refs have bias, and are known to keep a closer eye on some players, as they tend to get out of control with their actions. Prust is one of those players, and every team has at least one, usually 2-3 players like this though.

Theres a big difference between "keeping a closer eye", and slapping an unsportsmanlike penalty on them because they didnt react to your unprofessionalism the way you wanted them to.

You disrespect a cop then write a blog about what an idiot he was? Get ready to be pulled over for that taillight that may or may not be out.

As long as you want to bring cops into this, what happens when someone privately goes to talk about police brutality and unfair practices? Swept under the rug. What happens when people go public with police brutality and unfair practices? CHANGE

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
First of all, if you choose to believe that Prust was completely innocent and did nothing whatsoever to warrant the extra attention from Watson good for you. You'll find yourself in the minority, but good for you none the less.

Second, in what version of reality do you not have to mind your p's and q's when dealing with people in position of authority? I'd like to live there -- sounds like a wonderful place with bubble gum trees, lollipop flowers, and where no one every feels sad and doesn't have something to smile about.

A lawyer pisses off a judge with a smarts comment and then critiques him on the nightly news? Get ready to be overruled and treated unfairly next time you're in court.

You write in the student newspaper that a teacher doesn't like you and gave you a crap grade because of it? Get ready to have your essay super critiqued the next time around.

Is it fair? Maybe, maybe not. Is it something to whine about? Depends if you're an asshat or not. Prust is definitely an asshat.
This is a false dillema. It shouldn't happen, this is why it's brought up.

The refs are there for one thing :Apply the rule. Apply the rule to every single player in the NHL hockey league on the same account for every single one of them. Watching Gallagher get completely abused all season long, I've ground incredibly unfond of the referees.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
Theres a big difference between "keeping a closer eye", and slapping an unsportsmanlike penalty on them because they didnt react to your unprofessionalism the way you wanted them to.

As long as you want to bring cops into this, what happens when someone privately goes to talk about police brutality and unfair practices? Swept under the rug. What happens when people go public with police brutality and unfair practices? CHANGE

So you're of the opinion that Prust did absolutely nothing to warrant an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? I don't buy that Prust kept his mouth shut for a second. He's a hot head and says/does stupid things all the time. This is probably just another stupid thing he's done in a long line of stupid things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad