Brandon Prust's post game comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Dumbest comments I've heard all year out of the mouth of an nhler.

Even if Prust bold claim is true, public shaming the ref only makes you more a target imo.

Prust embarrassed himself and the Montreal franchise today.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It happens all the time, let's not be naive here. Anyone who has played any competitive hockey should know refs can also give out abuse based on the situation.

I can also take a piss on my neighbor's window...
Yet I don't do it. The referee shouldn't be doing what he did at all (if he did it, obviously).

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Dumbest comments I've heard all year out of the mouth of an nhler.

Even if Prust bold claim is true, public shaming the ref only makes you more a target imo.

Prust embarrassed himself and the Montreal franchise today.

No he really didn't embarrass the franchise today, why not speak out? Everyone knows NHL officiating has been pure garbage for years, the NHL has a rule book, officials do their own thing, do you really think a small fine off $2.5M a year matters to NHLers?

cujoflutie

I don't think Watson is a good official but he's been in the league for at least 15 years, if this sort of thing had any element of truth, why is it only surfacing now?

Prust on the other hand has been an idiot for as long as I've seen him play, which is since he played junior for London.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
After the whole Burrows incident, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Prust as a "liar."

He did a lot of stupid things today but if the referee was really out to get him like that then he should be investigated and severely disciplined.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
:handclap: Prust :handclap:

The referees in the NHL continue to do a terrible job and it's amazing how little criticism they get. Right on Prust for doing what he did.

It would also be great if teams + players also went vocal on the league for the lack of supplemental punishment they give out for dangerous plays.

We have all seen enough of these referees to know how bad they are and how much criticism they should be getting.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
100% certain he is lying.

What a garbage player to go out and play how he did after the game was long over.

Suspend him for the rest of the postseason. For comments, stirring up trouble for no reason, and throwing equipment at opposition.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Prust needs less ice time and to shut his mouth before he puts his team out of the playoffs.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
When you accuse someone of something, it's on you to prove that it happened. Prust has to prove it, not the other way around.

Exactly. The user I quoted accused Prust of lying. Thus, he has to prove it.

You couldn't put it any better than you did.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Evidence?

I'm not the one making the claims. Burden of proof is on Prust. And he's just not going to have anything credible.

Why would he lie in this situation? What does he have to gain by lying?

People say lots of stupid **** when they're pissed off. I doubt he's intentionally lying, just exaggerating a bit or exaggerating a lot.

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
The habs have been "falling" on goalies for two years now. Refs still haven't figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

InAG-P

Jun 19, 2003
T.O.
Visit site
When you accuse someone of something, it's on you to prove that it happened. Prust has to prove it, not the other way around.

prust doesn't have to prove anything - there are mics on the ice now, the NHL knows that was said. The refs and the NHL are like a corrupt police union - they protect their own.

That said, Prust just hurt the team by opening his mouth - shouldn't have said anything although i hope if true, the ref gets reprimanded (but that definitely won't happen)

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

What a garbage player to go out and play how he did after the game was long over.

Suspend him for the rest of the postseason. For comments, stirring up trouble for no reason, and throwing equipment at opposition.

do you have the audio tape of the exchange between prust and the Ref?
how can you be so sure?

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
I don't even remember him whining this much when he was on the Rangers. He just got his s*** done and stuck up for teammates. He takes cheapshots, whines, and is way too involved in sideshows.

He's the new Avery, except less talented, and his cheapshots actually injure.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Other than Prust being a Hab, on which basis do you come to this conclusion?!?!

(None, I know. Don't reply)

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I can also take a piss on my neighbor's window...
Yet I don't do it. The referee shouldn't be doing what he did at all (if he did it, obviously).

Doesn't make it right but it happens so often it's not that big of a deal.. kind of like people on a construction site and their profanity towards others.

Prust is just stirring things up and being a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad