Player Discussion Brandon Pirri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Clendening's season was much better than Pirri's, and I suspect he'll be a very-good bottom-pairing guy for Arizona this year.

When your organization values Steve Kampfer over Clendening, I think it's okay to blame this coach in that instance.

I think it's odd that people always blame AV when a player doesn't get his career on track (Clendening, McIlrath) and then refuse to credit that same coach when other players do (Skjei, Miller).

Maybe there was more to it than just being better than Kampfer. Maybe he wasn't putting the effort in during practice, maybe he didn't gel with the team. We will never know. But to blame AV for everything that goes wrong, and then refuse to praise him when it goes right, doesn't sit well with me.

Not saying you do this SF, but it's something I noticed with other posters.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I think it's odd that people always blame AV when a player doesn't get his career on track (Clendening, McIlrath) and then refuse to credit that same coach when other players do (Skjei, Miller).

Maybe there was more to it than just being better than Kampfer. Maybe he wasn't putting the effort in during practice, maybe he didn't gel with the team. We will never know. But to blame AV for everything that goes wrong, and then refuse to praise him when it goes right, doesn't sit well with me.

Not saying you do this SF, but it's something I noticed with other posters.

lmfao it's hilarious you say this because I was beating the drum all season of exactly the opposite. It felt like AV was being lauded for guys like Skjei and Miller [as he should be, for now] while everyone was completely ignoring players who he couldn't make work like Pirri, McIlrath, Etem, and Clendening [as he also should be].

IMO, coaching is overrated. Not meaningless, overrated. Good players tend to be good. Bad players tend to be bad.

I guess we really do see what we want to see :)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
lmfao it's hilarious you say this because I was beating the drum all season of exactly the opposite. It felt like AV was being lauded for guys like Skjei and Miller [as he should be, for now] while everyone was completely ignoring players who he couldn't make work like Pirri, McIlrath, Etem, and Clendening [as he also should be].

IMO, coaching is overrated. Not meaningless, overrated. Good players tend to be good. Bad players tend to be bad.

I guess we really do see what we want to see :)

I am far from a fan of AV, but the way people criticized him, it felt as if we have been a lottery team for the last 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad