Player Discussion Brandon Pirri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Glass is more likely to make a positive difference in a game than Brandon Pirri.
I never thought of him much, other than now and then realizing he was still a Ranger and knowing that that would change, and now it has.
I wish my experience watching Glass was this pleasant.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Glass is more likely to make a positive difference in a game than Brandon Pirri.
I never thought of him much, other than now and then realizing he was still a Ranger and knowing that that would change, and now it has.
Good luck to Brandon Pirri, but he did not register high enough to even be a blip as a Ranger.
He was essentially useless.

If it weren't for AV's, Pirri's previous 4 teams', the NHL's, and now apparently the Western Hemisphere's agendas, that little sniper would be nipping at the heels of Mike Bossy's G/g stats.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Pirri was a good depth player for us last season, Glass was always horrible.

Just because Pirri didn't realize his potential here doesn't mean he sucked, he was a better overall player then advertised.

If our PP had clicked (if Arniel was fired before last season i guess) then Pirri might have been a big success.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
He didn't shoot enough 5v5, and was absolutely mauled by playing with Vesey, which was 131 of his 568 5v5 minutes last season.

My guess is that Pirri absolutely torches the Swiss league, and next off-season, he's one of those 'overseas' guys that people want to bring back to the NHL on a bargain deal.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
He didn't shoot enough 5v5, and was absolutely mauled by playing with Vesey, which was 131 of his 568 5v5 minutes last season.

My guess is that Pirri absolutely torches the Swiss league, and next off-season, he's one of those 'overseas' guys that people want to bring back to the NHL on a bargain deal.

I could easily see that happening. Expect a big boost in Pirri's production level and stats this upcoming season.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Pirri was a good depth player for us last season, Glass was always horrible.

Just because Pirri didn't realize his potential here doesn't mean he sucked, he was a better overall player then advertised.

If our PP had clicked (if Arniel was fired before last season i guess) then Pirri might have been a big success.

I already explained it was everyone else's fault aside from Pirri.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Pirri had the misfortune of being a volume shooter playing in a system that's allergic to shooting.

He wasn't particularly good, but I'd imagine he's better than what we saw.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Pirri had the misfortune of being a volume shooter playing in a system that's allergic to shooting.

If he was better than "we" saw, why did he even end up with the Rangers? Why didn't the 4 other organizations he played for see how much better he could be? And why didn't Pirri look harder for another NHL job this summer? Maybe because there was absolutely no interest?

I'm with trilobyte here. He was just filling a spot on the roster--someone else could have just as easily done it. Whether or not he lights up the Swiss league, he's very likely used up his chances in the NHL.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC

Yeah. Cause Pirri is a sniper that makes goalies quake in their skates.
A lot of garbage shots on goal is garbage.
GARBAGE!
To go along with the rest of Pirris game.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I hope Brandon has a great year wherever he plays. I would have been fine with him staying with us as 4th line insurance. With that said I don't see how its always the GM, coach, system or linemates to blame when things do not go as hoped. How come everyone is to blame for Brandon's play in multiple cities but Brandon himself?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
EF says Pirri may stay in NA. With Vegas there at least another 12 forward positions in the NHL. Hopefully he catches on somewhere so he can stay.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I hope Brandon has a great year wherever he plays. I would have been fine with him staying with us as 4th line insurance. With that said I don't see how its always the GM, coach, system or linemates to blame when things do not go as hoped. How come everyone is to blame for Brandon's play in multiple cities but Brandon himself?

Jagr has been on four teams since 2012. I guess he is also bad? :)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Jagr has been on four teams since 2012. I guess he is also bad? :)

Jagr has produced. Nobody is making excuses for Jagrs play. Jagr is a top 10 all time player who is 45. I may have more in common with Brandon than Jagr does. (joke)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The Jagr being not wanted in his 40s to the current Pirri situation was quite a hail marry pass.

Quite a reach for sure. One of those posts that is so out there that you don't even know how to respond. Pirri playing in multiple cities was really not the significant point. The point was that Brandon is responsible for Brandons play not everyone else around him. Im not bashing Brandon. I think he does some things very well and hope he sticks with it. I just don't blame others for his play.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Quite a reach for sure. One of those posts that is so out there that you don't even know how to respond. Pirri playing in multiple cities was really not the significant point. The point was that Brandon is responsible for Brandons play not everyone else around him. Im not bashing Brandon. I think he does some things very well and hope he sticks with it. I just don't blame others for his play.

Gretzky hasn't had an offer since 1999. Your move.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Nobody is making excuses for Pirri. He wasn't good last year, mostly because he didn't shoot enough. It's not an excuse. It's a thing he did poorly.

The argument that player's are 'bad' because they've played on multiple teams is a bad argument, IMO. Lots of players play for lots of teams. Lots of players get traded because they don't fit in with their current team. Doesn't mean they are bad players. If that's the foundation for your argument (not saying that it is, but it's something that gets spouted here a lot), then your argument is bad.

Again, this is all my opinion.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm amazed a team like LA hasn't made an offer to him. Depth, volume shooter who should help their secondary scoring. I guess unless they're changing systems? :dunno:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Nobody is making excuses for Pirri. He wasn't good last year, mostly because he didn't shoot enough. It's not an excuse. It's a thing he did poorly.

The argument that player's are 'bad' because they've played on multiple teams is a bad argument, IMO. Lots of players play for lots of teams. Lots of players get traded because they don't fit in with their current team. Doesn't mean they are bad players. If that's the foundation for your argument (not saying that it is, but it's something that gets spouted here a lot), then your argument is bad.

Again, this is all my opinion.

Nowhere in that post did I say Brandon (nevermind Jagr) was bad for playing in multiple cities. My point was that Brandons play is mostly on Brandons shoulders not everyone else.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Nowhere in that post did I say Brandon (nevermind Jagr) was bad for playing in multiple cities. My point was that Brandons play is mostly on Brandons shoulders not everyone else.

I read it as implied in your post that said:

"With that said I don't see how its always the GM, coach, system or linemates to blame when things do not go as hoped."

And I'll say again that I know this isn't the foundation of your posts about Pirri, but the argument, that too many teams is a bad thing, is made a lot, and I don't like it. I think it's lazy.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Say that about Clendening and you're lynched here haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad