Waived: Brandon Manning: Clears :’(

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
What a ****ing loser chiarelli is.

The tinfoil in me says that he did this trade to intentionally troll and sabotage the team.

Yep that loser was the worst, was in Boston and carried his patent loser trademark here. Guaranteed his career in the NHL or any other league are finally over. Hopefully for his sake, he's a much better lawyer

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Funny. I held on to hope for so long and it was the Manning trade that finally made me realize the Chiarelli had no idea wtf he was doing anymore.

I honestly feel bad for Manning. I don't think he's an NHLer anywhere else in the league but he's definitely got a steeper uphill climb in Edmonton due to his history.

Probably wonders why Chia traded for him as much as the fans do.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Funny. I held on to hope for so long and it was the Manning trade that finally made me realize the Chiarelli had no idea wtf he was doing anymore.

I honestly feel bad for Manning. I don't think he's an NHLer anywhere else in the league but he's definitely got a steeper uphill climb in Edmonton due to his history.

Probably wonders why Chia traded for him as much as the fans do.
If the guy was serious about his career he'd ask to terminate his contract. It's a lot of money to give up, but if he doesn't get out of Edmonton he might never get another NHL contract.

Try your luck on a one year deal somewhere else and hope you can extend your career. Otherwise he's looking at a lot less money on AHL contracts or Europe.

Reactions: RipsADrive

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Although a relatively small trade, Manning for Caggsy could be the worst trade in the last decade in the NHL.
It may be worse than that.
Chia may have made the worst 3 trades of different kinds in the last 40 years:
1) prospect trade- Reinhart
2) 3rd liner trade- Cags/Manning
3) Star trade- Hall

Makes me f***ing ill

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

The valuable lesson in all of this is to listen to what the paying customer is saying and avoid the "buddy-buddy" syndrome.

Boston fans (yes, paying customers) warned what was going to happen with Chia (1) wild ass trades (2) salary cap hell. Check both boxes.

If someone in Oiler senior management (even 1 out of 20 guys) started trolling the Boston fans website he might have said to some of these guys (over a glass of red wine) "I know you are high on this guy (as in having smoked a few) but let's take a few moments to see what the paying customer in Boston has to say--maybe its worth a listen-could we end up with the same story here."

Alas it was not to be- Gretz loves Nicholson and Nicholson loves Chia and...…... pretty soon you have Peyton Place II starring a lot of guys who are making way too much money in relation to their skill set- and they don't look half as good as those girls on the soap opera did.

Live with the decisions you make...…………...

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The valuable lesson in all of this is to listen to what the paying customer is saying and avoid the "buddy-buddy" syndrome.

Boston fans (yes, paying customers) warned what was going to happen with Chia (1) wild ass trades (2) salary cap hell. Check both boxes.

If someone in Oiler senior management (even 1 out of 20 guys) started trolling the Boston fans website he might have said to some of these guys (over a glass of red wine) "I know you are high on this guy (as in having smoked a few) but let's take a few moments to see what the paying customer in Boston has to say--maybe its worth a listen-could we end up with the same story here."

Alas it was not to be- Gretz loves Nicholson and Nicholson loves Chia and...…... pretty soon you have Peyton Place II starring a lot of guys who are making way too much money in relation to their skill set- and they don't look half as good as those girls on the soap opera did.

Live with the decisions you make...…………...

I am not sure why you are responding to my poist...it was just a response to Manning being sent down.

I will respond anyway...the thing for me is that you have to be very careful with a fans perspective especially when the mob mentality takes over. Fans tend to react emotionally which usually leads to poor judgment so I am not one to embrace what some of the fans are saying.

In any event the good news is that Manning isnt a name we will be hearing much about moving forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kepler 186f

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
garbage trade, thanks for ****ing this franchise on your way out Chiarelli

Thank Nicholson for keeping him long enough to f*** us up the ass.

Chiarelli knowlingly was sabotaging this team in December after he heard through the grapevine his time was done.

Nicholson should not be exempt. The real culprit

does this look like an honest mans face ? this guy was a douche

\
upload_2019-7-3_14-55-35.png

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I am not sure why you are responding to my poist...it was just a response to Manning being sent down.

I will respond anyway...the thing for me is that you have to be very careful with a fans perspective especially when the mob mentality takes over. Fans tend to react emotionally which usually leads to poor judgment so I am not one to embrace what some of the fans are saying.

In any event the good news is that Manning isnt a name we will be hearing much about moving forward.

Sorry, replied to the wrong guy.

Reactions: guymez

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
No point to buying him out. The buyout savings on the cap would be less than the savings by just demoting him .

can someone please post up the number on all our garbage in relation to buyout costs and burying contracts and where we stand

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
can someone please post up the number on all our garbage in relation to buyout costs and burying contracts and where we stand

It’s not that hard to look up. You can demote and save up to $1.075M towards the contract demoted. Then compare it through the buyout calculator on capfriendly.

In Manning’s case, buyout would save $1.33M this year but cost us $667K next year for a two year cap saving of $667K. I’d rather just save the 1.075M this year and be done with it.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
It may be worse than that.
Chia may have made the worst 3 trades of different kinds in the last 40 years:
1) prospect trade- Reinhart
2) 3rd liner trade- Cags/Manning
3) Star trade- Hall

Makes me ****ing ill
Strome for Spooner was so bad. Strome is exactly what we need now. A right shot center.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
What a ****ing loser chiarelli is.

The tinfoil in me says that he did this trade to intentionally troll and sabotage the team.

I wish we didn't find out that Chia had the pro scouts looking at Manning the season before too, and that prior season is when he asked McDavid's permission to possibly trade for him. It would be nicer to think he did this purely out of sabotage. Unfortunately, I think he and his pro scout group really were just that dumb.

Reactions: Aerrol

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Is there any hope he can still be a serviceable #7?

I admit I didn't watch the Oilers too closely last season (due to obvious reasons)

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Is there any hope he can still be a serviceable #7?

I admit I didn't watch the Oilers too closely last season (due to obvious reasons)
I hope he spends the year at home, keep him away from the NHL and AHL team.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Imagine he’s no.7 out of camp but by Nov 1 Holland will invite him to spend the winter as the no. 7 in Bakersfield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad