Confirmed with Link: Brandon Hagel signs extension (3 yrs 1.5M AAV)

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I just think (my opinion) this guy is going to surprise people.
His situation forced him to come in and compete hard just for a spot on the team
As this year went on he showed a lot of ability with the puck and some scoring touch in very limited opportunities.
He is the perfect 3rd wheel on either of the top 2 lines. And will score a lot more than you think.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
the only issue is he takes up one of our 50 contracts. my guess is since he did not look out of place in the NHL he would rank maybe around 30-35 best of our 45-47 contracts. IE there are others we havc signed that are barely top our 4th line NHL--- meant this for the hardman thread

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
the only issue is he takes up one of our 50 contracts. my guess is since he did not look out of place in the NHL he would rank maybe around 30-35 best of our 45-47 contracts. IE there are others we havc signed that are barely top our 4th line NHL--- meant this for the hardman thread

you gotta name the other 35.
Seriously, best contracts involves the whole package. Money, length and current, projected role.
Hagel has already shown he is better than a 4th liner which makes 1.5 a good value. If he does (project) into a top 6 (I think likely with his combination of speed, work ethic and puck skills) this is outstanding value at 1.5m.
I’d put it as a top 10 current deal in terms of value and have NO issue with him using up one of the available contract slots.
I’m really interested in seeing your 35 better value deals on the team.

Last edited:

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006

giphy.gif

Just saw your edit to include that you meant this was for the Hardman thread. All good! If you were talking Hagel, I would have had to put you on ignore.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad