Confirmed with Link: Brandon Duhaime traded to Avs for 26 3rd

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The Avs' bottom 6 is going to be a real PITA to play against with LOC, Duhaime, Colton and Wood.

Playing those guys for 5-6 games in a row in a long playoff series will get under the skin of the other team real quick.

The opponents will also be injured after a few games.

Imagine a dump and chase with these guys coming down either side of the boards. Defensemen are going to pay a hefty price to make a play. Playoff hockey.

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
The Avs' bottom 6 is going to be a real PITA to play against with LOC, Duhaime, Colton and Wood.

Playing those guys for 5-6 games in a row in a long playoff series will get under the skin of the other team real quick.
397ab55d281c01415c39750e285f26a2.gif

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

Not to mention how tenacious Cogs and Parise are. Then you have Kovalenko possibly getting some games and suddenly it's a pretty hungry group

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Keeping with the theme of speed and skating skills with my Sean Walker post yesterday.

Duhaime is a 6’2, 200-pound left winger who can be described as a power forward. He has registered 116 hits at 5-on-5 this season, only trailing Marcus Foligno in hits and hits/60 on the Wild.

Playing on the top-line penalty kill with Joel Eriksson Ek, Duhaime is first off the bench when the team is short-handed and second on the team in short-handed time on ice. Looking through his career splits, this level of penalty killing is a new quality to his game that Duhaime has added this season. Averaging 2:05 minutes of penalty kill time per game this season is more than double his career average of 45 seconds before this season.

It’s the physicality and defensive prowess he brings that makes Duhaime so appealing.

While his top speed of 22.52 MPH is fast, ranking in the 68th percentile of all NHL skaters, it’s the number of speed bursts of 20+ MPH that is most impressive. He ranks in the 83rd percentile in speed bursts but in the bottom 50th percentile in actual skating distance. Here’s what this means: Duhaime only averages 10:29 minutes of time on ice, resulting in his skating distance ranking among the lower end in the league. Despite the minimal ice time, he ranks in the 83rd percentile in the amount of speed bursts north of 20 MPH — indicating that when he’s on the ice, he’s consistently skating at a high speed.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Filling our size queen quota

But if he can play 4C as Wild fans mentioned (per Balthazar) then I’m fine with it.

Lehk-Mack-Mikko
Drouin-Mitts-Nuke
Wood-Colton-LOC
Parise-Duhaime-Cogs

He can't... Dude has never played center in the NHL and very little (if none) in the AHL.

Reactions: Bender

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Wonder if there’s plan past this year for him cause that’s a little bit of a higher price than I would’ve guessed. It’s a pick in 3 more drafts so don’t care a whole lot but still a 3rd rounder.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Odd move. Don't think he's better than other options on the 4th line if everyone is healthy, which they won't be, but IF. Avs like to throw in a WTF with other good moves so whatever. I don't really care either way.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Wonder if there’s plan past this year for him cause that’s a little bit of a higher price than I would’ve guessed. It’s a pick in 3 more drafts so don’t care a whole lot but still a 3rd rounder.
hopefully a late 3rd

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
I've also heard that these deals are also run by Bednar and MacKinnon before the trigger gets pulled. If Bedsy and Mac are good with it, then so am I. MacKinnon knows who gives him fits.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Wouldn't think he would be very expensive to keep...I'm sure if he plays well, they'd have every intention of bringing him back.

Odd move. Don't think he's better than other options on the 4th line if everyone is healthy, which they won't be, but IF. Avs like to throw in a WTF with other good moves so whatever. I don't really care either way.
We have a great bottom six now but 5 are wingers and 1 is a center.

Who slides to the middle? They can't seriously play Olofsson or Wagner over guys like Cogs or Duhaime.

Reactions: Alienblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad