Confirmed with Link: Brandon Duhaime traded to Avs for 26 3rd

Avs44

May 16, 2011
4th line guy who's good defensively, fast and hits everything. I like it, he can even add abit to the PK.
Pretty much. Should be a much better fit than someone like Sturm, as a depth acquisition, who was just vanilla. Guys who skate fast and work hard are basically the ideal Jared Bednar bottom six winger. The size is just a big bonus.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Maybe the Wild want their Minnesota guy back in Meyers.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
I wonder if we aren't actually going to move LOC after this. He'd have value in a trade, we probably can't afford to re-sign him when his contract is up and our bottom 6 is filled with wingers now.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He helps the 4th line... but should never be higher. The PK is going to have to drastically improve for the playoffs with the Roaring 20s, Fatty, Duhaime, Walker... lots of penalties might be coming our way.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I knew you'd hate him, lol.

He doesn't bake cookies and skip on magical rainbows. I know, it's terrible.
And I knew you'd chime in with a meathead response.

You apparently don't read my posts very well, lol. Him being a tough guy has nothing to do with it. If anything, the Avs getting a tough guy who can actually SKATE is a huge plus. That's why IMO MacDermid was so ineffective.

I said why I don't like him. Feel free to read that post again if you'd like. It's a moot point in any event.

FTR I always said I liked Liam "Big Tuna" O'Brien. I know you like to think I only like hockey players if they're Cabbage Patch Kids on skates but that's not true at all.

• Haha
Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He helps the 4th line... but should never be higher. The PK is going to have to drastically improve for the playoffs with the Roaring 20s, Fatty, Duhaime, Walker... lots of penalties might be coming our way.

Yeah that's a valid point, the Avs want that edge but last night kinda demonstrated what can happen when you get it when both Wood and Colton took some penalties that were avoidable, at least one of which negated a power play. BUT...that's the tradeoff. Duhaime is gonna up that ante considerably.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Not that we need a palooka for the playoffs, but apparently every night with the Rangers is a WWF steel cage match and Matt Rempe is the new Nature Boy. Not a bad idea to have a guy who can actually play and maybe - under right circumstances - actually enforce if required.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Kiviranta sucks so anything that forces him off the lineup is fine. There's a reason why the guy was on waivers.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
I wonder if we aren't actually going to move LOC after this. He'd have value in a trade, we probably can't afford to re-sign him when his contract is up and our bottom 6 is filled with wingers now.

I fear this trade is more LOC's LBI is more serious than expected. He was injured, came back, and re-injured it, and has miss the past couple games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad