Confirmed with Link: Brandon Davidson going on waivers (Claimed by EDM)

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
He was a decent bottom pairing guy all in all, but we have other guys that should be able to fill in.

More money off the books...

Reactions: Tyson

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
See ya Brandon, best of luck.

Habs had no room for him anymore and he'll get a chance to stay in the NHL.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Cap Space is already signed. But they need to keep making room on the cap for his performance bonuses.

Joking aside, with the team starting to roll now, the cap space is a really big asset.

Best thing to do with it would be taking on bad contracts for additional picks. Timing isn't great to make a push for it in my opinion.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Best thing to do with it would be taking on bad contracts for additional picks. Timing isn't great to make a push for it in my opinion.

Just like we should have been all in on the Bickell and Teravainen deal....

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I wish him well. Habs have too many marginal players. Time to clean house a bit

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I don't see Davidson as proof of any of this.

If anything, I think it tends to suggest the opposite of what you're saying, given that he was traded for useless Desharnais in his UFA year, and passed on the depth chart this season by a 19 yr old rookie, an AHL free agent, and a Europe free agent.

Bergevin traded trash for some insurance and serviceable depth on D. Now the team doesn't need either from Davidson -- because of other moves that look to be turning out okay, which made him beyond redundant at this point. Seems to have worked out just fine in the big picture.

You missed the point entirely

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Cap Space is already signed. But they need to keep making room on the cap for his performance bonuses.

Joking aside, with the team starting to roll now, the cap space is a really big asset.

Lets see how they stack up against good teams... Buffalo, Sens, Detroit.. not a great measure of this team.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Good luck to him! He is a character guy who has been through a lot. Hopefully he finds his mojo again. He is a decent depth guy, but I'm fine with losing him. I think Morrow has a bit more upside and we also have a few guys in the AHL if needed. Ultimately, if we make the playoffs MB will probably try to add a guy that can play more minutes.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
No need for an appreciation thread. 23 games. Ummm thanks I guess.
So oilers picked up desharnais for free then. #winningtrades

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No need for an appreciation thread. 23 games. Ummm thanks I guess.
So oilers picked up desharnais for free then. #winningtrades

Don't forget that DD went to the Oilers with 20% of his salary retained. :naughty:

And then some took the forum to task with premature celebratory jabs:

Lmao to all people who said he had no value

So all this time "He's untradeable".

Either people were wrong or MB deserves praise. Might be hard for some.

And Desharnais has no trade value, right?

These replies were spot on:

I would have taken a $25 gift card from Starbucks.

A bag of pucks would have sufficed as a return for DD.

Why are we overrating Davidson he can't even crack oilers d squad

Now that Davidson has been waived, the $25 gift card from Starbucks would have been a net positive. Davidson was just a black hole that allowed Bergevin to postpone another disappointment to his record -- getting fleeced on that DD 4-year deal only to see MT prefer DD over Galchenyuk and then Bergevin desperately trying to rid himself of DD and couldn't do it until the closing weeks of that 4th contract year.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Don't forget that DD went to the Oilers with 20% of his salary retained. :naughty:

And then some took the forum to task with premature celebratory jabs:

These replies were spot on:

Now that Davidson has been waived, the $25 gift card from Starbucks would have been a net positive. Davidson was just a black hole that allowed Bergevin to postpone another disappointment to his record -- getting fleeced on that DD 4-year deal only to see MT prefer DD over Galchenyuk and then Bergevin desperately trying to rid himself of DD and couldn't do it until the closing weeks of that 4th contract year.

I was looking for the retention/pick, but couldn't find anything outside of player for player in a quick search of news headlines. But I do remember the retention now and the mocking. Much like Martinsen was better than Ghetto because reasons! Sven has cooled off this season but is still playing at .5 PPG which is better than many on this team if you exclude last nights weird stat padding game.

Reactions: Runner77

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The is one of those players I'll forget even playing for this team.

Reactions: TRG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad