Confirmed with Link: Brandon Davidson going on waivers (Claimed by EDM)

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
it's like Niemi that nobody wanted anymore. He seems that he can do allright as Price's backup for a while. Stephane Waite knows him very well.

If by alright you mean he isn't actually playing then yeah he's "alright".

Jul 6, 2016
I'd rather have DD centering our 4th line than anyone else we have.

As long as DD would had been willing to accept a similar contract he got with the Rangers.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Humanly I admire him because he was able to fight cancer and pursue his dreams. Sportingly, according to me he doesn't have the level to be with us at all

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Does he get claimed? And if he doesn’t, what does this mean for the seemingly crowded Laval D group?

I wouldn't mind sending Davidson to the ECHL. He's reached his ceiling as far as development is concerned so perhaps better to let other players keep their spots in Hamilton.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I wouldn't mind sending Davidson to the ECHL. He's reached his ceiling as far as development is concerned so perhaps better to let other players keep their spots in Hamilton.
I think Davidson should replace Gelinas. Eric G has regressed to below the level of AHL Dman

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
add it to the ever growing list of assets MB manages to downgrade to zero...

and yes, the move, today, is not a "bad" one. The issue continues to be a complete lack of planning and strategy, which keeps putting us in a situation where assets give us zero ROI.

Every team loses some assets for nothing, we just do it at a much larger pace under this management group, and that is not a positive organizational direction or standard.

I don't see Davidson as proof of any of this.

If anything, I think it tends to suggest the opposite of what you're saying, given that he was traded for useless Desharnais in his UFA year, and passed on the depth chart this season by a 19 yr old rookie, an AHL free agent, and a Europe free agent.

Bergevin traded trash for some insurance and serviceable depth on D. Now the team doesn't need either from Davidson -- because of other moves that look to be turning out okay, which made him beyond redundant at this point. Seems to have worked out just fine in the big picture.

Reactions: donghabs98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad