Brady Tkachuk Vs Nick Suzuki

Tkachuk Vs Suzuki

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I literally said that it doesn't mean that Brady won't be a great player. Also lmao at thinking Brady has better hands. Matthew is and always was substantially more talented. You are seriously underrating Matthew Tkachuk and/or overrating Brady Tkachuk if you think otherwise. Is it 100% guaranteed that Matthew will be the better point producer? Nope, but it's a pretty safe bet.
Matthew Tkachuk has far better vision and hockey sense, he also has a better shot, he doesnt have better hands. You're pretty unfamiliar so I dont really feel a need to continue this debate.

Reactions: d rake

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Lots of talk about potential when the question is who's better - not who will be better.

Tkachuk is the better player right now. I don't think that's really debatable, or even fair seeing as he's more experienced than Suzuki ATM.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Matthew Tkachuk has far better vision and hockey sense, he also has a better shot, he doesnt have better hands. You're pretty unfamiliar so I dont really feel a need to continue this debate.
You mean you aren't going to use other synonyms for stronger, tougher...etc to say that he is better than Matthew? Alright man, you do you, it was blatantly obvious that Matthew was substantially better.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Suzuki is so much better. This poll will look silly in about a year. Did you guys watch him in the playoffs? Just listen to the Flyers players talk about him.

It’s not even close for me.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You mean you aren't going to use other synonyms for stronger, tougher...etc to say that he is better than Matthew? Alright man, you do you, it was blatantly obvious that Matthew was substantially better.

Its truly not blatantly obvious, you are just oblivious to the situation. They are different, neither is done developing but Brady has alot more to go, I think in their primes they will be very similar. Statistically when you look at their first two seasons they are close. Brady was better as a rookie Matthew was better as a softmore. Brady didnt have as much of a progression from a ppg standpoint into his second season but his teammates were alot worse in his second year and he had alot more shots per game.

Suzuki is so much better. This poll will look silly in about a year. Did you guys watch him in the playoffs? Just listen to the Flyers players talk about him.

It’s not even close for me.
Shocker, you have such an unbiased opinion. Weird. Brady Tkachuk's play style in the playoffs will be monsterous hopefully you get to experience it at some point.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
I literally said that it doesn't mean that Brady won't be a great player. Also lmao at thinking Brady has better hands. Matthew is and always was substantially more talented. You are seriously underrating Matthew Tkachuk and/or overrating Brady Tkachuk if you think otherwise. Is it 100% guaranteed that Matthew will be the better point producer? Nope, but it's a pretty safe bet.

When you start arguing about other players being better than Brady cause you know Suzuki isn't.

Reactions: bert

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
When you start arguing about other players being better than Brady cause you know Suzuki isn't.
If you actually bothered to follow the discussion, you would see I was responding to this...
Lol at the comments on Tkachuk here. Doesnt have PPG potential, doesnt impact the game in as many ways, worse version of Matthew.... lots of people are gonna eat serious crow.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
You clearly didnt but your insecurity wont let you accept that.

Hahaha I said exactly what you've done in this thread and this is what you have to say. You're literally in a Nick Suzuki vs. Brady Tkachuk thread talking about how Matt is better than Brady.

Come on, let's hear your impassioned speech for Suzuki much like you've been doing for another player that isn't even in the poll. Expecting "eLitE 10 GaMeS iN ThE PlaYofFs" or nothing at all

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hahaha I said exactly what you've done in this thread and this is what you have to say. You're literally in a Nick Suzuki vs. Brady Tkachuk thread talking about how Matt is better than Brady.

Come on, let's hear your impassioned speech for Suzuki much like you've been doing for another player that isn't even in the poll. Expecting "eLitE 10 GaMeS iN ThE PlaYofFs" or nothing at all
Lol. I replied to someone thinking that people are going to eat crow because they are saying that Matthew is better. Don't know how much more I can dumb it down for you.

Ya it's clearly only 10 games and the fact that their production was very similar this year means nothing.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
Lol. I replied to someone thinking that people are going to eat crow because they are saying that Matthew is better. Don't know how much more I can dumb it down for you.

Ya it's clearly only 10 games and the fact that their production was very similar this year means nothing.

You're completely missing the point. I'm trying to get you to actual talk about the actual question at hand and not some random topic that is completely off-base and was brought up by 1 person

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm trying to get you to actual talk about the actual question at hand
Which is why you ignored the 2nd part of my post right? Don't worry, nobody is trashing Brady so you don't have to jump to his rescue over something so meaningless. Not being as good as Matthew Tkachuk is not a knock on Brady whatsoever. I'm simply pointing that out for those who think otherwise, but you are just too insecure to see that.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
Which is why you ignored the 2nd part of my post right? Don't worry, nobody is trashing Brady so you don't have to jump to his rescue over something so meaningless. Not being as good as Matthew Tkachuk is not a knock on Brady whatsoever. I'm simply pointing that out for those who think otherwise, but you are just too insecure to see that.

The second part of your post is an easy topic to refute. Brady has slightly better point production then Suzuki while being younger, playing with worse line-mates, on a far worse team, all while being one of the most unique powerforwards in the game.

Of course its not a knock on Brady. You're too blinded to see that you're talking about something that is obvious rather than speaking about a topic that is actually debatable. Of course Matthew is better.. he averages like 30pts more a season while also offering one of the best physical attributes in the game. I get the feeling you're pushing these so called "insecurities" onto others.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Love it.

This reminds me of the good old days of Karlsson VS Subban, except this one is going to turn out far worse for the Habs fans posting in here.

Its Brady quite obviously, but Suzuki is a good player for sure.

Yes it also reminds me of the good old days of Ryan vs Pacioretty, except this one is going to turn out far worse for the Sens fans posting in here.

Its Suzuki quite obviously, but Tkatchuk is a good player for sure.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The second part of your post is an easy topic to refute. Brady has slightly better point production then Suzuki while being younger, playing with worse line-mates, on a far worse team, all while being one of the most unique powerforwards in the game.
A whole 5 weeks younger? Wow what a difference! Tkachuk also played like 3 minutes more per game, it's convenient how you left that out. You also forgot to mention that Suzuki is already trusted on the PK in his rookie year. And that Tkachuks most common linemates were just as if not more productive than Suzukis most common linemates this year...

Nevertheless, you don't need to be insecure when I say that Brady isn't as good as Matthew.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
A whole 5 weeks younger? Wow what a difference! Tkachuk also played like 3 minutes more per game, it's convenient how you left that out. You also forgot to mention that Suzuki is already trusted on the PK in his rookie year. And that Tkachuks most common linemates were just as if not more productive than Suzukis most common linemates this year...

Nevertheless, you don't need to be insecure when I say that Brady isn't as good as Matthew.

Brady playing 3 more minutes a night is a bad thing? I'm sure there is a very valid reason that you're just listing off the point productivity of the linemates rather than actually naming them. And yes, Brady is an entire draft-cycle younger (despite the actual age being 5 weeks apart).. does that have a factor? I do not know (in fairness to me I just assumed the age difference was larger than 5 weeks).

I also assume that whatever line Brady was on likely had to face the shutdown lines of the opponents, where as I'd guess Suzuki was able to be sheltered a bit since the Habs don in fact have better forwards at this point than Suzuki.

Also, Brady is legit THE driver of the sens forward core at this point having a far better relative corsi compared to everyone else, which is the opposite of Suzuki who actually brings down the Habs possession time relative to when others are on the ice(and this is while having more o-zone start percentages)

I'm not sure what is with you and this insecurity thing. What am I insecure about? I've agreed with you multple times that Matt is better undoubtedly. You've been in here going on and on about something totally off-topic that doesn't even have a base for discussion. It's obvious that Matt is better than Brady at this point. It's really not even a discussion, yet it's all you've been talking about.. in a thread comparing two players that are actually at a comparative level. It's like going into a thread about Seguin vs. Hall and seeing one person make a comment about Crosby and then going on and on about how Crosby is better than Seguin instead of focusing on the actual debatable topic

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I think it will be pretty close down the line. Different style players but both will be quite useful.

In my view Tkachuk’s skill set is and will be more rare and so I’d likely take him in the future.

For now it’s Tkachuk as well as he’s more proven and still brings a rater skill set.

score or set a goal game on the line ? Nick all the way.

If only we had had a chance to see them head to head with the game on the line...

I couldn’t contain that cheeky response.

Last edited:

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I think it will be pretty close down the line. Different style players but both will be quite useful.

In my view Tkachuk’s skill set is and will be more rare and so I’d likely take him in the future.

For now it’s Tkachuk as well as he’s more proven and still brings a rater skill set.

If only we had had a chance to see them head to head with the game on the line...

I couldn’t contain that cheeky response.

pre-season but still all NHL players on the ice

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I love both. If I could have any of the Tkachuks on my team, I’d be super happy! I would literally be willing to trade everyone not named Suzuki (only because he’s the first legit potential top line Center we’ve had in decades lol) for Brady - or go back in time and draft one of Hughes or Tkachuk.

I do think this is way closer than people are willing to admit. I’m going to say Suzuki by a hair, but Tkachuk is f***ing awesome.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
Lots of talk about potential when the question is who's better - not who will be better.

Tkachuk is the better player right now. I don't think that's really debatable, or even fair seeing as he's more experienced than Suzuki ATM.

How is it not debatable ?

Both played 71 games, Tkachuk had 44 points and Suzuki 41. Tkachuk is a LW and Suzuki a C.

Tkachuk played 18:56 a game, Suzuki 15:59.

Tkachuk had 2:55 a game on the PP w/ 8 PP points, 2:10 for Suzuki w/ 14 PP points. (FWIW, Ottawa scored 30 PP goals this season and Montreal 33). Suzuki is 37 days older also.

I'm really confused as to how it's not debatable that Tkachuk is the better player right now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad