Brady Tkachuk Vs Nick Suzuki

Tkachuk Vs Suzuki

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Tkachuk might be the better player, but man I think Suzuki has more effect on the game. I can't remember a any other hab player that had this much of an influence on the game. He just kills so many plays defensively with his stick and positioning. I guess maybe Kovy offensively when he decided to show up.

Do you know the Habs history? Or did you just start watching 2 weeks ago?

Reactions: gab6511 and bert

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You think Brady Tkachuk has the talent to score 82 pts in a season?

Absolutely. He isn't flashy by any means but he is incredibly effective. As a second year player he averaged 3.64 shots/game, and you know where those shots are coming from. He lead the league in shots from the lower slot, playing mostly with Pageau and Brown who are solid players but not exactly the most offensively creative players. He is only going to get stronger, his power game is only going to get better and he is going to play with better players. A lot of people aren't going to see it coming but he absolutely has 40G/80P potential.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I remember when people on here tried their hardest to convince us Brady would never reach 10 goals in the NHL because he could only muster 8 in his pre-draft NCAA season.

Also laughing at the ceiling versus floor comments. Anyone want to show us the data behind that?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tkachuk. There’s definitely a gap between the two. It’s not impossible that Suzuki closes it, but I don’t think he will.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
watching the Canucks since the start of August so far, seeing the Blues and Knights rag dolling the Canucks in hits department (although the Canucks are doing a hell of a job not backing down and also playing a hitting back as much as they can) I take brady rather quite easily.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
You think Brady Tkachuk has the talent to score 82 pts in a season?

And again I say, please show your work. They're both very promising young players I don't see much reason to suggest Suzuki has substantially higher offensive upside.

Brady has 2 seasons with higher point totals than Suzuki's 1 year in the NHL...both coming at an age when Suzuki wasn't even in the league.

Show your work.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Nick Suzuki no doubt.

I really like Tkachuk game, but Suzuki have more offensive upside. True #1 center potential. He can score, he can pass, he can defense, he can move and very smart player.

I'd take two-way center with great offensive skill over a powerforward, less dominant than his brother Matthew.

Reactions: bert

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Love it.

This reminds me of the good old days of Karlsson VS Subban, except this one is going to turn out far worse for the Habs fans posting in here.

Its Brady quite obviously, but Suzuki is a good player for sure.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He most definitely is a worse version of Matthew. The only "lol" is if you think otherwise. Doesn't mean that Brady isn't/won't be a good player.

They are completely different players so that's an odd statement to make.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
And again I say, please show your work. They're both very promising young players I don't see much reason to suggest Suzuki has substantially higher offensive upside.

Brady has 2 seasons with higher point totals than Suzuki's 1 year in the NHL...both coming at an age when Suzuki wasn't even in the league.

Show your work.

The eye test shows that Suzuki is more talented (better hands, vision, playmaking ability, etc.), hence higher potential.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He most definitely is a worse version of Matthew. The only "lol" is if you think otherwise. Doesn't mean that Brady isn't/won't be a good player.
So Brady is already finished developing?.... He has more to work with than Matthew, maybe tune into a couple games. Once he continues to fill out his much bigger frame and has some decent linemates you'll see what he is capable of. His development curve was always gonna be longer, he is bigger stronger, rangier has better hands and is tougher.

I think its funny that Suzuki has ppg potential but Brady doesnt when he scored at a better clip with worse linemates. Couple experts that dont even watch him. Big Suzuki fan personally and would love to have him on my team. However in typical hf fashion we get bullshit false narratives to try and win an argument from people that have no clue.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
suzuki had a good playoffs and is now crazy overrated on these boards.

tkachuk easily
He was on pace for about 50 points in his first pro season and was living up to the hype just fine. The way he played in the playoffs just cemented what Habs thought of him so no it wasn't just the playoffs its his whole body of work that has Habs fans excited.

As for this poll its too early come back in about 4-5 years when they have more NHL games under there belt and have new contracts because contracts will also be used to determine if a player is over paid for what they bring or not.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
My quote function isnt working... but Brady isnt a worse version of Matthew. He's less skilled, but they play a very different game. Brady will be a better goal scorer, a more physical player, and a tougher player to play against. I dont think their point totals will be much different.

Brady is younger than Suzuki and has outproduced him in the NHL. To the guy who said Suzuki clearly has better vision... I think you should watch Tkachuk more. His playmaking execution can and will improve, but his creativity and vision are excellent.

The simple fact is, Brady is arguably *the* best in the league at getting to the front of the net and getting shots off, despite playing with guys who aren't great at getting him the puck. He is also well above elite at play below the goalline. A fully developed Brady with a Stone-caliber winger, or a top C, or two top players.... he will be a perennial 30 goal scorer, and he will always have about as many apples as he does goal. He is Gallagher + half a foot.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
The eye test shows that Suzuki is more talented (better hands, vision, playmaking ability, etc.), hence higher potential.

The eye test shows that Tkachuk is more talented (better hands, vision, playmaking ability, etc.), hence higher potential.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Right now, absolutely Brady Tkachuk.

I mean, he's 6'4" and 215lbs already at 20 years old. He was on pace for the first ever 300+ shots and 300+ hits season in NHL history, has produced 22G / 45pts in 71 games in his first 2 years (25 goal, 50+pts pace over 82 games) while bringing physicality, energy to the line up, being a pest on the ice and can fight when called upon. He is quite literally the ideal power forward and is always around the net/in the dirty areas.

Now having said all this, it's too early to fully judge Suzuki, who is tracking to be an excellent player himself. Give it another 2 years and revise the question.

Reactions: Favster and Bileur

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
So this looks like Habs fans say Suzuki, the other 30 teams say Tkatchuk.

As someone stated, this is Karlsson vs Subban all over again

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So Brady is already finished developing?.... He has more to work with than Matthew, maybe tune into a couple games. Once he continues to fill out his much bigger frame and has some decent linemates you'll see what he is capable of. His development curve was always gonna be longer, he is bigger stronger, rangier has better hands and is tougher.
I literally said that it doesn't mean that Brady won't be a great player. Also lmao at thinking Brady has better hands. Matthew is and always was substantially more talented. You are seriously underrating Matthew Tkachuk and/or overrating Brady Tkachuk if you think otherwise. Is it 100% guaranteed that Matthew will be the better point producer? Nope, but it's a pretty safe bet.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
suzuki had a good playoffs and is now crazy overrated on these boards.

tkachuk easily
He had a fantastic rookie season, both regular season and playoffs on a poor offensive team, and he didn’t even see significant PP time until the season was almost over.

Reactions: Hot Pockets
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino