Brady Tkachuk Vs Nick Suzuki

Tkachuk Vs Suzuki

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyTkachucky

Jul 31, 2005
Ottawa
What a weird comparison. We are drafting a C 3rd overall, why don't we wait and compare top C player/prospect. Meanwhile, the Habs don't have a player that compares to Brady.

Stutzle/Byfield vs suzuki anyone?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Tkachuk is probably going to have a higher offense output. I see him as a 60-70 points power forward in the future, who's good at making plays up and clearing space for his teammates on possession, with maybe a season or two close to PPG in his prime.
Suzuki is likely going to be the more complete player, but not as efficient offensively overall. My fellow Habs fan overrate him. I understand he's like the first young center in years who show talent and a good overall game, but still, I don't see his potential as being much higher than the level he's playing at. I see him as a 50-60 points center who's good-to-great defensively at his peak.

Reactions: NotLeddy

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
How is it not debatable ?

Both played 71 games, Tkachuk had 44 points and Suzuki 41. Tkachuk is a LW and Suzuki a C.

Tkachuk played 18:56 a game, Suzuki 15:59.

Tkachuk had 2:55 a game on the PP w/ 8 PP points, 2:10 for Suzuki w/ 14 PP points. (FWIW, Ottawa scored 30 PP goals this season and Montreal 33). Suzuki is 37 days older also.

I'm really confused as to how it's not debatable that Tkachuk is the better player right now ?

Because he brings a lot more to the table than offense. It's pretty evident.

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
I think it will be pretty close down the line. Different style players but both will be quite useful.

In my view Tkachuk’s skill set is and will be more rare and so I’d likely take him in the future.

For now it’s Tkachuk as well as he’s more proven and still brings a rater skill set.

If only we had had a chance to see them head to head with the game on the line...

I couldn’t contain that cheeky response.

Yeah yeah yeah.. But you know what sir ?
I'm still taking the guy from Montréal. And I'm an old fan from Quebec city so..

Sure Tkachuk is a fine and a hell of a player but that's my take. Deal with it.

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
It is like choosing between Daniel Briere and Owen Nolan .. Game on the line I take the Hockey IQ.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
It is like choosing between Daniel Briere and Owen Nolan .. Game on the line I take the Hockey IQ.
Tkachuk has hockey IQ out the wazoo. Incredibly rare to see him not make the right play.

I have nothing bad to say about Suzuki, I said in another thread that he has a chance to be elite and will be a legit 1st liner without a doubt in my mind... Habs are my #2 and hes my favourite player on the team.... I can understand taking Suzuki and am not arguing that.... but I'm gonna debate the misinformation regarding Tkachuk, the same misinformation thats been going on since his pre-draft year

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Suzuki is very underrated there. He got the potential to be a PPG center and HFboards take the less dominant Tkachuk between 3. -.-

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Which is why you ignored the 2nd part of my post right? Don't worry, nobody is trashing Brady so you don't have to jump to his rescue over something so meaningless. Not being as good as Matthew Tkachuk is not a knock on Brady whatsoever. I'm simply pointing that out for those who think otherwise, but you are just too insecure to see that.
You didnt point out anything, once there was statistical evidence that Brady and Matthew are very comparable in their first two seasons you had no response. You've brought nothing of substance to this conversation.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You didnt point out anything, once there was statistical evidence that Brady and Matthew are very comparable in their first two seasons you had no response. You've brought nothing of substance to this conversation.
I thought you were done with this debate? Are you telling me that using words like "tougher and stronger" brings substance to this conversation? If you couldn't see how Matthew Tkachuk was much better than Brady Tkachuk, that's on you, don't blame me. Statistical response like how Matthew was substantially more gifted and productive in juniors?

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I thought you were done with this debate? Are you telling me that using words like "tougher and stronger" brings substance to this conversation? If you couldn't see how Matthew Tkachuk was much better than Brady Tkachuk, that's on you, don't blame me. Statistical response like how Matthew was substantially more gifted and productive in juniors?
Again nothing of substance. Jr stats? One played major jr and one played NCAA.........

Ill repost my quote for you.

Its truly not blatantly obvious, you are just oblivious to the situation. They are different, neither is done developing but Brady has alot more to go, I think in their primes they will be very similar. Statistically when you look at their first two seasons they are close. Brady was better as a rookie Matthew was better as a softmore. Brady didnt have as much of a progression from a ppg standpoint into his second season but his teammates were alot worse in his second year and he had alot more shots per game.
This is the statistical analysis ill wait for your underwhelming response.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Again nothing of substance. Jr stats? One played major jr and one played NCAA.........

Ill repost my quote for you.

This is the statistical analysis ill wait for your underwhelming response.
USDP is considered juniors :teach:

How about having 41 more points in the USDP at 17 years old?

Wait, I'll help you out with your awful arguments. It's solely because of Auston Matthews that Matthew Tkachuk was so much more productive. If you truly believe that, then you have even less hockey knowledge than I thought and you are talking out of your ass. Matthew Tkachuk was obviously more talented too in their D-1. I'm fully aware that junior and NCAA are different. You would still be blind to not acknowledge how Matthew was far better offensively than Brady. I've also always said that Matthew was far more talented than Brady before Brady even got drafted.

But hey, feel free to tag me if Brady becomes a PPG player next year, I will certainly eat crow. If not you can still jump up and down talking about how he is bigger and tougher, disregarding stats and the eye test, criticize me and whatever else you want to do.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The answer right now might be Tkachuk, but in the future it may be Suzuki. I’ll take either guy on my team any day though.

BradyTkachucky

Jul 31, 2005
Ottawa
The answer right now might be Tkachuk, but in the future it may be Suzuki. I’ll take either guy on my team any day though.
Its Tkachuk now and In the future. No disrespect to Suzuki who is shaping up to be a great player. They are just so different. Brady is unique, players like Suzuki aren’t.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
First off, I just want to say I never said Brady is not worse than Matthew (although I think it will be close) - I said he is not just a worse version of him. Big difference. Is Victor Mete worse than Shea Weber? Of course! Is he a worse version of Shea Weber? Of course not! So, my point in responding to saying Brady is a worse version than Matthew was simply to say that they play different games and have different strengths.

Second off, comparing players who progressed at very different rates - something that is abundantly, objectively clear when looking at how they were rated over a period of several years - based on their 17y.o seasons and then calling someone dumb? Very, very bold, lol. @bert, I wouldn’t bother with this one.

Reactions: bert

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
several years - based on their 17y.o seasons and then calling someone dumb? Very, very bold, lol. @bert, I wouldn’t bother with this one.
Lmao I never did that. Yeah please dont bother. I said that it's unlikely that Brdy becomes better than Matthew. It is nothing outlandish that warrants making you guys cry the way that it has.

They arent comparable, we agree on that. Matthew was significantly better. But hey, you guys keep preaching about Brady being stronger and tougher.

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Lmao I never did that. Yeah please dont bother. I said that it's unlikely that Brdy becomes better than Matthew. It is nothing outlandish that warrants making you guys cry the way that it has.

They arent comparable, we agree on that. Matthew was significantly better. But hey, you guys keep preaching about Brady being stronger and tougher.

Lmao, you literally don't understand what I'm saying. If theres a language barrier or I'm being unclear, my apologies, but clearly it is not getting through.

Is Sebastian Aho, D, a good stylistic comparison for Sebastian Aho, C, to you, too? How about Patrick and Evander Kane? Matthew and Brady play very different styles, thats all I have ever said, and anyone who has seen a lot of them would recognize that fact. You then proceeded to misinterpret my point. I'm literally not arguing the point you are making.

Jeez.

Reactions: bert

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lmao, you literally don't understand what I'm saying. If theres a language barrier or I'm being unclear, my apologies, but clearly it is not getting through.
Saying that a lot of people will eat crow about saying Brady is a worse version of his brother is pretty much saying that Brady wont be worse than Matthew. There is no language barrier, it is evident that you are backtracking and changing the topic.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
Honestly, Tkachuk is always going to win this poll on his last name and hockey db merchants alone.

Not because he has outproduced Suzuki? Not because his play-style is so rare? Not because he's an entire draft year younger? Not because his underlying stats are far better?

It's because of his hockey db merchants? Got it.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Not because he has outproduced Suzuki? Not because his play-style is so rare? Not because he's an entire draft year younger? Not because his underlying stats are far better?

It's because of his hockey db merchants? Got it.
Yeah, everyone knows the stat watchers are famously in love with Brady! They definitely didn’t say he would peak as a 15 goal, 50 point guy in his ore-draft season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad