Tkachuk Vs Suzuki

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Depends on team need,

Power Forward vs. Offensive centerman, is it weird I think the league will see them as similar value.

My prediction there will be 40+ of these threads over their careers

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Depends on team need,

Power Forward vs. Offensive centerman, is it weird I think the league will see them as similar value.

My prediction there will be 40+ of these threads over their careers

Yep, they're close enough right now that this is the difference and for MTL we need Suzuki more than we'd need Tkachuk

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Tkachuk is better, but I do like Suzuki. Always thought that was a great deal by Bergevin to get him from VGK. Tkachuk brings so much to the table as a player, like his brother, his value is beyond goals and assists. He plays mean and he will drag a team into a fight. These type of players are rare in the NHL.

Reactions: TopCheese

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Tkachuk might be the better player, but man I think Suzuki has more effect on the game. I can't remember a any other hab player that had this much of an influence on the game. He just kills so many plays defensively with his stick and positioning. I guess maybe Kovy offensively when he decided to show up.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Nick Suzuki no doubt.

I really like Tkachuk game, but Suzuki have more offensive upside. True #1 center potential. He can score, he can pass, he can defense, he can move and very smart player.

I'd take two-way center with great offensive skill over a powerforward, less dominant than his brother Matthew.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Such an awkward question.

Better in what way.

Potential? Game impact? More skill? More effectiveness? Who's gonna have more goals/points next year? Who elevates their team more? Who's responsible for more wins and less losses for their relative teams? Who has more value?

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
Tkachuk has a higher ceiling but a drastically lower floor, for the Canucks I'd take Tkachuckle as he's friends with Hughes and would slot in very well up and down the lineup, imagine him digging pucks for Patterson or crashing the net with Horvat

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
Suzuki definitely has the higher ceiling. He has ppg potential, which tkachuk doesnt

I disagree, I see Tkachuk's potential as higher, but his floor considerably lower, with Suzuki's average somewhat higher than Tkachuk's. I'm all for boom/bust potential so I'll take the crash & bang powerforward who Pettersson could turn into Todd Bertuzzi 2.0

Will Suzuki end up better? Most likely, I've always been high on Suzuki and had him in my top 10 at the time of the draft, but the Canucks don't need Suzuki, Tkachuk would bring a huge element to the team that isn't really represented. If the Canucks had Suzuki, we'd just have to try and trade one of our... 3 #1C's, probably for a player like Tkachuk with similar upside but playing in a position of need, or a defender with similar upside. I'm just cutting out the middle man and taking Tkachuk now instead of trading Suzuki for him later.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lol at the comments on Tkachuk here. Doesnt have PPG potential, doesnt impact the game in as many ways, worse version of Matthew.... lots of people are gonna eat serious crow.
He most definitely is a worse version of Matthew. The only "lol" is if you think otherwise. Doesn't mean that Brady isn't/won't be a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->