Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part XI

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
0G, 8A in his last 15 games. What's going on with this guy?

Struggled quite a bit. Looks like playing through an injury for sure. I'd be surprised if not, he's been half as efficient as he was prior. Stutzle been doing way too much heavy lifting on that line alone and even throwing bigger hits more consistently. I'd wager Tkachuk injured himself on one of the big hits he delivered a week ago.

Reactions: StoicSensFan

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
No PP last night, feels like not to many PP opportunities the last few games while missing Norris and Batherson. No excuses but PP time is an easy way to break these kind of streaks.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Struggled quite a bit. Looks like playing through an injury for sure. I'd be surprised if not, he's been half as efficient as he was prior. Stutzle been doing way too much heavy lifting on that line alone and even throwing bigger hits more consistently. I'd wager Tkachuk injured himself on one of the big hits he delivered a week ago.
He's 100% playing through injury. I hope he gets some time off to heal once other players get back. Or else he might have a longer time off during the next several months.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I think if is more the loss of Batherson that is affecting his play. Drake was driving that line at a near 100 point pace for most of the season.

Because as Cross mentioned, no way the Senators send him to the all star game if he is injured.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
On the Wally And Methot podcast, sounds like he has a sprained left index finger, as it’s taped up. Meth said definitely at least sprained. So his bottom shooting hand.

Last edited:

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
cuz dude needs elite players on his line to be decent. can't do shit by himself.

Injury excuse is a good one! :laugh:

He rode batherson's coat tails and now can't do anything

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
cuz dude needs elite players on his line to be decent. can't do shit by himself.

Injury excuse is a good one! :laugh:

He rode batherson's coat tails and now can't do anything

To be fair Brady was doing his fair share of the heavy lifting on that line ( as was Norris). They compliment each other well.

While I don't think anyone on that line was riding coattails, both Norris and Brady need a play driver like Batherson to be at their most effective.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Solid work by Tkachuk over this last stretch. Since Norris has been out of the lineup, Tkachuk's stats have been:
8 GP 3 G 4 A 7 PTS

In addition, over that stretch he has also had 32 shots and 34 hits, all while playing through an injury.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Solid work by Tkachuk over this last stretch. Since Norris has been out of the lineup, Tkachuk's stats have been:
8 GP 3 G 4 A 7 PTS

In addition, over that stretch he has also had 32 shots and 34 hits, all while playing through an injury.

It's weird to think not too long ago the storyline was about how long it had been since he'd scored, 15 games without a goal.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
8 GP 3 G 4 A 7 PTS

Exactly, almost a PPG & it's still not enough for the haters & never will be for some who don't like that kind of player. He's lost both his linemates who have both been great this yr & has had to adapt. IMO he has zero chemistry with Stutzle, but has shown quite well with Paul & C. Brown maybe because they are more north south players like him. His role is to drive the defence & the goalie crazy & he does that every game, it's up to others to get the puck near the net where he can work. He draws players towards him giving his linemates more room to work. Formenton & Stutzle are good together, but need someone like C. Brown on that line too. They have a lot of good pieces & more coming to work with for next season which makes this team fun to follow right now especially when they are getting great goaltending & are competitive in every game.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Stutzle - Pinto
Paul - White - C. Brown
Sokolov - Kastelic - Watson/Gaudette

Reactions: R We A Team

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Dude is a tank and hasn't hit his potential yet and we hear people complain. Just can't win lol

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
To be fair, he's the highest paid player on the team and the captain. The expectations should be extremely high, no? It's no longer about potential, it's about performance.

When you hand out a 7 year contract to a 22 year old, a lot of it is still going to be about potential.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
When you hand out a 7 year contract to a 22 year old, a lot of it is still going to be about potential.

But also, Brady fans can't be overly sensitive when some fans want it to be a bit more about performance from a guy who is into his 4th year now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad