Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part XI

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I would convert Tkachuk to be a centre. And we would have almost like Malkin - Crosby combination.

There are many many centers in the nhl but there are very few draisaitls, tkachuks, jt millers, and landeskogs.

I prefer him taking faceoffs and playing on the wing.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
lol plausible, I agree I have been rather abrasive.

but equally plausible they noped out after seeing the vitriol i got for saying Brady will be a 60 pt player who can hit 70 in peak seasons, or that perhaps we should wait for Brady to actually have an elite season (even just an elite run of play) before making him the highest paid Senator in franchise history. Even though I'm sure those were the viewpoints of the majority here.

anyway i will stop posting in Brady threads. not worth people putting words in your mouth as "payback".
You thumped your chest about your scouting prowess. You went on for pages about how he is bad defensively and projects as a 2nd line player that doesn't create. You said at his peak he could be a 60 max 70 point player. You went on about his lack of hockey sense etc. This isn't payback, it's posters backing up their posts that preached patience with this type of player.

All the signs were there that he isn't close to being done developing. I used many examples of how power forwards have longer development curves. You reverted back your old arguments.

As for not deserving his contract. That comes down to player projections and trends. They were clearly buying later years look at the AAV. I'll give you this much credit based on your post history you do understand this concept. Which means you don't agree with the team and many posters projections on what the player is capable of. It's ok to say maybe you didn't project the player well and go on with posting. Instead you have taken the victim route. Hence my reference to humility. I was wrong about Brady when they drafted him. I owned it, after watching him alot this is the type of player he projects to be. Big guys take longer it happens over and over and over again. He won't start hitting his peak for another few years. Lots to look forward to.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You thumped your chest about your scouting prowess. You went on for pages about how he is bad defensively and projects as a 2nd line player that doesn't create. You said at his peak he could be a 60 max 70 point player. You went on about his lack of hockey sense etc. This isn't payback, it's posters backing up their posts that preached patience with this type of player.

All the signs were there that he isn't close to being done developing. I used many examples of how power forwards have longer development curves. You reverted back your old arguments.

As for not deserving his contract. That comes down to player projections and trends. They were clearly buying later years look at the AAV. I'll give you this much credit based on your post history you do understand this concept. Which means you don't agree with the team and many posters projections on what the player is capable of. It's ok to say maybe you didn't project the player well and go on with posting. Instead you have taken the victim route. Hence my reference to humility. I was wrong about Brady when they drafted him. I owned it, after watching him alot this is the type of player he projects to be. Big guys take longer it happens over and over and over again. He won't start hitting his peak for another few years. Lots to look forward to.

So dishonest.

how is saying a player can hit 70 points saying they have bad hockey IQ and only a second line talent?

The last time we had a forward hit 70 was Spezza 10 years ago, and you think that I believe a player with bad hockey IQ and low skill level can do it? How does that make sense?

I literally project Brady can add 20 + points to his NHL high and somehow that translates to me believing he can never get better. How does that make sense?

Just weird and frankly disgusting you guys purposefully spread misinformation like this.

I said I would be out but man, when people manipulate your words like this it's hard to. I'm usually pretty detached when discussing players but bold faced lies are too much.

Last edited:

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
So dishonest.

how is saying a player can hit 70 points saying they have bad hockey IQ and only a second line talent?

The last time we had a forward hit 70 was Spezza 10 years ago, and you think that I believe a player with bad hockey IQ and low skill level can do it? How does that make sense?

I literally project Brady can add 20 + points to his NHL high and somehow that translates to me believing he can never get better. How does that make sense?

Just weird and frankly disgusting you guys purposefully spread misinformation like this.

I said I would be out but man, when people manipulate your words like this it's hard to. I'm usually pretty detached when discussing players but bold faced lies are too much.

Bold strategy to trot out the victim card in response to being accused of playing the victim card.

You are responsible for your perception. We didn't all just huddle up and decide to pick on you. We remember your posts. It's that simple.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
So dishonest.

You should have done what I told you to do weeks ago. Own up and admit you made a massive mistake on Brady and move on. Everyone would have applauded you and respected you for it just like I said they would.

But the woe is me I'm the victim and done nothing wrong here attitude ain't flying and now you are making it worse.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You should have done what I told you to do weeks ago. Own up and admit you made a massive mistake on Brady and move on. Everyone would have applauded you and respected you for it just like I said they would.

But the woe is me I'm the victim and done nothing wrong here attitude ain't flying and now you are making it worse.

Own up to what? That I think he's a 3rd liner, low skill, low hockey sense or that he can't get better? I'm not going to do these things because I didn't say them.

I don't mind people calling me out on what I said because I think part of the fun in discussing hockey is making evaluations, seeing how they turn out and re-evaluating positions based on the latest evidence and developments.

What you guys are doing is something completely different.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I haven’t seen a single comparison to Svechnikov in weeks, what happened??

I definitely said Svech was on a clear higher tier than Brady. I will own up to that and acknowledge that because i actually said it (weird how that works). Brady has done a lot to close the gap the last two weeks, will be exciting and incredible for us if he turns out the better player. I would love to eat that crow.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I definitely said Svech was on a clear higher tier than Brady. I will own up to that and acknowledge that because i actually said it (weird how that works). Brady has done a lot to close the gap the last two weeks, will be exciting and incredible for us if he turns out the better player.

Thanks for that AZ, that was a personal bone to pick and I respect your response.

I hope I don’t have to do the same if Svech breaks out and Brady slumps… lol

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Own up to what? That I think he's a 3rd liner, low skill, low hockey sense or that he can't get better? I'm not going to do these things because I didn't say them.

I don't mind people calling me out on what I said because I think part of the fun in discussing hockey is making evaluations, seeing how they turn out and re-evaluating positions based on the latest evidence and developments.

What you guys are doing is something completely different.

Yeah the 10 or so posters calling you out are all wrong and you are correct again.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Yeah the 10 or so posters calling you out are all wrong and you are correct again.

It's the same 4/5 ppl tbh. Everyone else has evacuated the thread because of us lol.

And considering I've literally been begging for someone to pull up these awful things i am being accused of saying, yet no one being able to. Maybe they don't actually exist and it's just some kind of weird projection from you guys?

And I mean I have said things about Brady that are inaccurate. I like having strong opinions but I don't claim to be right all the time, and I will gladly discuss these things. But a lot of the shit you guys are accusing me of never happened.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I personally could care less about Svechnikov's pts. I much prefer to see the way Brady plays, he is so damn entertaining & he does so many things well & also gets pts on top of everything else he does well including lead by example. My kind of player in every way.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I personally could care less about Svechnikov's pts. I much prefer to see the way Brady plays, he is so damn entertaining & he does so many things well & also gets pts on top of everything else he does well including lead by example. My kind of player in every way.
I thought it was interesting The NHL has identified them to compare. I like both players .. can't really go wrong with either one.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

To be fair he is pacing at 72 points and given his age and experience this very well could be max production for him.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I see him as a Tyler Boucher-lite but he’s having a great season so far despite no training camp.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
To be fair he is pacing at 72 points and given his age and experience this very well could be max production for him.

Show me all the players who had career seasons before 300 gp or before the age of 22. Players generally breakout at the point Brady is at right now, they don't frequently post career seasons. Mid-Late 2000's probably being the exception when young players at that time saw league wide scoring decrease as they aged.

Last edited:

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
If the stats were opposite I'm sure you would be putting plenty of emphasis on points...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If the stats were opposite I'm sure you would be putting plenty of emphasis on points...

Lol, no he wouldn’t. We have all been putting emphasis on his intangibles, leadership, gritty power forward game, amongst other things that whole time.

The fact that he is leading Svetch in points too at this point on a much inferior team is just the gravy that has shut you and a few others up for a couple weeks.

It’s you that would be moving goal posts, you just don’t have any stats to work with at the moment.

Funny watching you be so bitter about the successes of players on your team, the captain no less! You were wrong the whole time, should feel good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad