Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part VII

Would you sign Brady Tkachuk at 8x8?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Melnyk is the root cause of our demise...other teams must love us as we draft well, develop and then trade away all of our talent. Stone, Karlsson, Pageau, Hoffman, Hossa, Havlat....its depressing

The only player that stayed through all the BS was Alfie and even he left after being screwed on salary.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
How is it a farce? Do you know that BT and his camp are being reasonable or close to that? What if they want $10 million x 8 years with 50% in yearly bonuses?

Why should the team get the benefit of the doubt when several posters have listed all the players with whom the sens couldn’t get deals done?

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Incoming pointless thought stream…

Honestly, the best thing we can do as fans is ignore the whole thing and not allow ourselves to be used as emotional pawns to put pressure on the team. In my opinion….

Our team has kept things quiet, and by all accounts have kept negotiations fair and positive.

We have heard some stuff out of the Tkachuk camp through guys like Simmer that has been geared towards making Brady look like the victim a bit, and to let the public know that they will be making things difficult. Interestingly they have not tried to make the management team look bad which is a very good sign on their end.

Having said all of that, if we the fans ignore all of the speculation about what’s going on in the background (I know, impossible), it would make things go smoother for us, and the team. There is a lot to look at and argue about on the ice, and Brady will sign something eventually, without a doubt.

We could stop ourselves from being used as a hammer, and in a perfect world we would. We’d accept that negotiations are theatre, and chicken, and manipulations, and it is between PD and Oster. Everything else is just noise, and attempts to apply us as pressure.

Obviously we’re going to continue to argue back and forth in here, and some will continue to insult our management team, while others will blame the ‘Greedy Tkachuks’. A shame really, as turning the channel would be the best solution for all parties involved.

I will reiterate that I am pleased that our management group have stopped speaking to the media about negotiations, and I like how the Tkachuk camp has nothing bad to say about negotiations themselves.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Apparantely he turn down a bridge of 3 x 6 m . He want close to Matthew with significant signing bonus. Not gonna end well this negociation
Well thats terrible news overall. Pretty sad the sens have even offered a bridge deal.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Melnyk is the root cause of our demise...other teams must love us as we draft well, develop and then trade away all of our talent. Stone, Karlsson, Pageau, Hoffman, Hossa, Havlat....its depressing

The only player that stayed through all the BS was Alfie and even he left after being screwed on salary.

Well I'm not going to defend EM but to blame him for everything is completely unfair. Hossa wanted more than they could afford & replaced him with Heatley who turned into a very good player for them that went to the only SC appearance for this franchise. With Havlat was starting to get beat up & never really did anything after he left due to injuries. Stone didn't want to be part of any rebuild & wanted to play for a contender.

EK got Hoffman shipped out of town & we moved on from EK just in time since he has sucked since he left & he also wanted to much money for what he has left. I'm quite sure SJ is not that happy with how that deal turned out for them. Pageau was also traded because we were rebuilding & he was a mature player ready to also challenge for a SC. Ottawa is a small market team that has to watch every penny & unfortunately we don't have a trillionaire for an owner who doesn't care how much money he loses. It's easy for fans to spend his money but even he has to be careful as to how much he spends or loses.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Can't see Brady making less than Quinn Hughes on same term.

Now expecting 8M x 6 years.

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
Can't we just give Brady something else beside $$$? Tap into his non-monetary desires.

I think we did? The offer of the captaincy at 22 on on up and coming team in passionate hockey town for one. If Matthew's words can be taken at face value it would appear that rather than a lure it's been used as a cudgel against the team. Contrast with Chabot is large.

Reactions: SensFactor

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Can't see Brady making less than Quinn Hughes on same term.

Now expecting 8M x 6 years.
I'm curious to see the structure of Hughes deal, if it's bonus heavy then it's value to him is a fair bit greater, you could probably add 10% of the total bonus amount in tax savings.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Tkachuk
Brannstrom

For

Robert Thomas
Parayko

Get it done Pierre!!!!

Reactions: bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sitting at 60 million for 22 players AAV on capfriendly
NHLPA is giving this season's salary not AAV from the looks of it, doesn't include buyouts or retention either so far as I can tell. Also there's no roster limits, so while our number is for 22 players, the Islanders are spending 105 mil on 35 players...

So that salary cap sure is ensuring parity in team spending...

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Why should the team get the benefit of the doubt when several posters have listed all the players with whom the sens couldn’t get deals done?
In the Sens favour, the deals signed by Karlsson, Turris and Duchene were/are all terrible deals for their respective clubs. Thank God The Sens didn't give in on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad