Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
i noticed when we acquired Duchene last year how he drives to the net so aggressively and that until then we didn't have any players doing that regularly

compared to Duchene, Tkachuk has net drive on steroids. he doesn't even care that there is a crease or goalie in the way, if the puck is there he's digging like a pig hunting for truffles. he also seems to have decent hands in tight, despite 2 of his 3 goals so far being of the super greasy variety... like Randy from the trailer park eating cheeseburgers shirtless on a humid summer day level greasy... so basically just normal Randy.

Zadina type goals may work in the regular season but the chaos a player like Tkachuk creates is invaluable in the playoffs as the defense tightens up.
Duchene mostly drove to the outside coming into the net. Brady just goes straight to the front of the net.

He's been fantastic so far

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I said to cool your jets on Brady. Some didn't. Now this happened.

We all know who to blame.

f***ing Eugene. That's who.

Honestly though, this sucks.

Reactions: branch

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Sooooo, those of us who were mad at the draft, but were almost fed a bowl full of crow puree, can we now call him injury prone and a bust?

In the words of Chris Griffin, "If I couldn't laugh at myself, I'd be dead by now."

All we can do is laugh at the misfortune.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
No way in hell Tkachuk gets sent down. He's NHL ready.

What skills do you think he needs to work on that he'd be better served in Junior? He's shown to me so far that he can handle playing his game at NHL speed. It's a small sample size, but even last night the guy didn't just make gritty plays, but also had moments where his skill shines through.

The BOS game was a bit shakey, but since then he has not looked out of place at all.

For sure not to Junior ........ Belleville is still an option , now that he's been injured ....... a few games to get back up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad